Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 513 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
String Cheese..
  • Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Agree about Sandra Oh.

IMO, Comedy contenders whose odds should really be higher than 100/1:

• Our Flag Means Death for series
    • Sandra Oh
    • Carl Clemons-Hopkins
    • Arianna DeBose
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

? All am saying is she’s way more famous and recognized worldwide than the other two.

I cannot for the life of me accept that there are people who think this.

Steve Martin is 20 times more famous than Selena Gomez worldwide. I can’t even believe this is open for debate.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I cannot for the life of me accept that there are people who think this. Steve Martin is 20 times more famous than Selena Gomez worldwide. I can’t even believe this is open for debate.

Both of you are right. It’s almost certainly generational. Gomez is 29. Short and Martin are in their 70s. It depends on your vantage point.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

IMO, Comedy contenders whose odds should really be higher than 100/1:

• Carl Clemons-Hopkins
  • What?? Clemons-Hopkins at 100/1 makes NO SENSE when he’s an incumbent nominee and people are predicting Hacks to expand in terms of acting nominations this season.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I cannot for the life of me accept that there are people who think this.

Steve Martin is 20 times more famous than Selena Gomez worldwide. I can’t even believe this is open for debate.

I mean c’mon. I agree that Steve Martin is the bigger name to voters and to people in the television spectrum but Selena Gomez is way more popular and known worldwide.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I cannot for the life of me accept that there are people who think this. Steve Martin is 20 times more famous than Selena Gomez worldwide. I can’t even believe this is open for debate.

No he is not

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Selena Gomez isn’t even the 5th most recognisable pop singer of her peer group. I can’t name one song she’s sung and literally only know her because of Justin Bieber and a kidney.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Agree about Sandra Oh. IMO, Comedy contenders whose odds should really be higher than 100/1:

• Sandra Oh
    • Carl Clemons-Hopkins
    • Arianna DeBose

Brendan Hunt too. I get “Beard After Hours” was divisive but how is an incumbent nominee with a highly seen showcase episode still at 100/1.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Selena Gomez is much more famous overall than Steve Martin. However what I will add (because it was argued otherwise on the previous pages) is that Steve Martin’s popularity base is not just limited to people of a certain older demographic. He’s a comedy icon who has multi generational appeal and audience recognition whether due to standalone comedies from the 80s or having had a hand in some of the biggest comedy blockbusters in modern history, he’s a household name to most consumer age groups.

He’s more Jean Smart than Jeffrey Tambor or Michael Douglas.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Agree about Sandra Oh. IMO, Comedy contenders whose odds should really be higher than 100/1:

• Sandra Oh
    • Carl Clemons-Hopkins
    • Arianna DeBose

Marin Hinkle and Aidy Bryant too. I’m predicting neither of them and do consider the latter to be a long shot but the fact that they’re both lower than Molly Shannon (who I’ll add I’d easily nominate over both of them personally) who is in a show that hasn’t even proven itself to have broken through in industry support (even though it really deserves to) yet is weird.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Selena Gomez is much more famous overall than Steve Martin. However what I will add (because it was argued otherwise on the previous pages) is that Steve Martin’s popularity base is not just limited to people of a certain older demographic.

No, you’re right, but I think it would be reasonable to suggest people in their 20s – maybe even a little older –  in particular could have a blindspot for Martin and Short, most of their most popular stuff is going back a few years (which isn’t to say over 30 or 40 is a “certain older demographic”)

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Hmm. I would think younger demos would be more familiar with Short since he’s been working a lot more the past decade (or at least it seems that way from this 38 year old person’s perspective). At least on TV.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is anybody doing a different six for Leading Actor that’s not Sudeikis, Hader, Martin, Short, Anderson and Glover? Feels like such an easy lineup.
    I do hope Hoult sneaks in tho.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Epor
    Topics:

All I said is that Gomez was a main selling point for the series and I don’t get why some people can’t see it. Both Martins are more appealing than Gomez to the older generation, that’s true, but think about the average viewer of a streaming platform like Hulu… why else would they include a young A list celebrity to this iconic duo if not to get a larger audience?

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Is anybody doing a different six for Leading Actor that’s not Sudeikis, Hader, Martin, Short, Anderson and Glover? Feels like such an easy lineup.
    I do hope Hoult sneaks in tho.

Pretty sure this is my current line up with switching back and forth between Anderson and Hoult in my final slot. Part of me even thinks we might get a surprise with one of the Martins missing out. But not brave enough to predict it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.