Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 513 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
String Cheese..
  • Profile picture
    Voyage
    Topics:

Selena Gomez isn’t even the 5th most recognisable pop singer of her peer group. I can’t name one song she’s sung and literally only know her because of Justin Bieber and a kidney.

Just say you don’t like her and save your time. It is becoming a bit sad.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Glover having such a reduced role this season in a role that was never SAG-nominated makes me he think he’s actually the most vulnerable for a snub from that six.

Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

Is anybody doing a different six for Leading Actor that’s not Sudeikis, Hader, Martin, Short, Anderson and Glover? Feels like such an easy lineup. I do hope Hoult sneaks in tho.

I have Hoult getting in over Anderson, but I could pull out Glover and put both of them in. Right now I feel that Blackish is running on fumes in its final season awards wise, and the popularity of Abbott Elementary has overtaken it as the go to network sitcom, especially since they’re both on the same network.

FYC: All things Succession, particularly Kieran Culkin

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I have Hoult getting in over Anderson, but I could pull out Glover and put both of them in. Right now I feel that Blackish is running on fumes in its final season awards wise, and the popularity of Abbott Elementary has overtaken it as the go to network sitcom, especially since they’re both on the same network.

I have Hoult over Glover but honestly it’s a toss of the coin. (I feel like both Atlanta and Russian Doll didn’t retain the momentum after the break that Barry did). The person I’d love to see is Kayvan Novak from WWDITS but I’m not predicting it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it’s a tossup between Glover and Anderson for the sixth slot. Black-ish is obviously a weaker contender than Atlanta and I don’t think any voters are still actually watching it to even be aware that this is its final season (never mind the fact that it’s been overshadowed completely by Abbott Elementary and This is Us‘ final season) but I don’t really know how much the actors branch is into Atlanta considering Glover was snubbed at SAG last time round and with the show essentially performing like The Handmaid’s Tale season 2 did in wins at the Emmys last time round.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is another Curb esque situation where Atlanta is respected enough to get into series but buzzless enough to get shut out in acting and Anderson just manages to make it back in as the perennial favourite. Of course one shouldn’t put too much stock in TCA but it is worth mentioning that Glover just got snubbed there this year for the first time in spite of continued critical love for Atlanta and the TCA’s own leanings towards auteurs.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Selena Gomez isn’t even the 5th most recognisable pop singer of her peer group. I can’t name one song she’s sung and literally only know her because of Justin Bieber and a kidney.

Well, I think you explained it yourself how famous she actually is.

Let me put it like this: you know about her ex-boyfriend and her kidney because everyone knows that. No one knows a single thing about Steve Martin’s personal life if you’re not a fan.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I disagree with the sentiment that Atlanta’s third season was buzzless. It was divisive, sure. Hard to be one without the other though in my opinion.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

The logical part of my brain talking to me every time I hover over Luke Kirby’s name in the prediction center

Are You Having A Stroke

If only…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The logical part of my brain talking to me every time I hover over Luke Kirby’s name in the prediction center Are You Having A Stroke If only…

I don’t care that he’s really just a guest who appeared in too many episodes to be eligible there. He gives a better performance than every single performer who will make it to the eventual comedy supporting actor lineup.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Took Glover and Lyonne out for Hoult and Fanning. Let’s see how I messed it up on nomination day.

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

I just can’t with this logic. She is a nothing compared to the two men she is lucky to share a screen with. Let’s not pretend her romantic b plots aren’t when we go and make a cup of tea or check our phone. And a Disney children’s show in the same breath? The delusion.

Bro hop off of her ass. You’ve had nothing good to say about her at all. At this day and age she is the most famous person in that show, no doubt about it. Truly, you’re obsessed with her ohh my lanta.

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

You’re fucking disgusting. Rent free ladies and gentlemen.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Well, I think you explained it yourself how famous she actually is. Let me put it like this: you know about her ex-boyfriend and her kidney because everyone knows that. No one knows a single thing about Steve Martin’s personal life if you’re not a fan.

Gosh I’m old enough to remember when talent and achievement had something to do with fame and industry recognition.

Good luck to the Martins as they embark on three months of live shows around the US this week starting with 3 consecutive nights at the Hollywood Bowl.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I think it’s a tossup between Glover and Hoult for the sixth slot. I don’t think Anderson is a lock, but it would be weird for them to snub him after nominating him for every single season (and the show was more widely seen, unlike House of Lies or Episodes, for example). If they watched Atlanta, Glover should be snubbed. But it wouldn’t be the first time they namecheck someone, right?

It’s very complex for me to analyze Anderson situation. The Emmys are often very sentimental for last seasons. They did bring back Moss, Smith, Macy, Janney, Clarke, Harrington for last season nominations after snubbing them. Not to mention Maslany and Wright after one year hiatus.

(Sure, there are always some situations like Christine Baranski or even Mandy Patinkin. Well, I don’t have a conclusion tbh. I’m just here for a Novak surprise nomination)

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Anderson
    Cheadle
    Hader
    Martin
    Short
    Sudeikis

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.