Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
Brayfers
  • Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

And yet it’s still funnier than both.

The way she annihilated her competition with that episode but somehow didn’t even get nominated.😣

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

In the year of CODA, anything is possible

As someone who loathed CODA and stanned Abbott since Day 1, I don’t think their situations is that similar tbh. I’m not denying Abbott’s passion but for CODA it was easier to run to the feel good film compared to a colder divisive one, and the rest of the top 5 were passionless compared to it. I think if it had strong competition like Ted Lasso, Hacks, Only Murders etc are to Abbott then it could’ve lost. I’m not denying Abbott’s passion though, but the two don’t really have much in common aside from the essential misses.

I really think Abbott will just have to wait it’s turn and will dominate in a later season but I would love to be wrong here.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I don’t think their situations is that similar tbh.

Didn’t say they were. The reference was to how CODA won without every key nom other than acting and writing just as Abbott would need to do.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Didn’t say they were. The reference was to how CODA won without every key nom other than acting and writing just as Abbott would need to do.

Oh I know, I just wanted to say my input because I saw that comparison a couple times overall.

I wish I was as hopeful as some of y’all in this thread though.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

She’s coming for the win (via vote splits but shes still coming!!)

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    24Kgirl
    Topics:

The more time goes on the more I think Hannah Waddingham wins supporting again. I don’t think the vote split with Juno is going to be enough to knock her out. And Apple really knows how to run campaigns to avoid actor vote split.

But ask me again tomorrow and my answer will probably be different. This is definitely the toughest category in comedy this year IMO.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

The idea of four comedy acting repeats and series is so fucking tedious but it’s happening.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Ted Lasso: Series, Actor, Supporting Actor, Directing

Hacks: Actress, Supporting Actress, Writing

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The more time goes on the more I think Hannah Waddingham wins supporting again. I don’t think the vote split with Juno is going to be enough to knock her out. And Apple really knows how to run campaigns to avoid actor vote split.

I feel the exact opposite. The more that passes I feel like it’s more and more evident that Temple is biting into her votes in a way she wasn’t last time round (both getting in at SAG, Waddingham losing both the GD award and the poll we did on here etc) and that Einbinder is standing steady and James is standing out more and more as the supporting actress contender from Abbott Elementary.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I very much doubt we are going to get the same acting winners from last year. I don’t see it.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Yeah I agree with Einbinder or James being the two possible winners in supporting actress. The scenario in comedy categories is far from being the same like last year for everyone repeat in acting. It’s a stronger year with actually competitive nominees.

Profile picture
    24Kgirl
    Topics:

I very much doubt we are going to get the same acting winners from last year. I don’t see it.

It’s never happened in the history of the Emmys in comedy. The most was 3/5. So it’s unlikely to happen here.

Though the converse is also that at some point it’s bound to happen where it does repeat 5/5.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

A thought just came to me mind: Rachel Brosnahan hosting the Emmys as Mrs. Maisel could be possibly one of the best hosts of awards ever.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.