Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
Brayfers

• kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Smart vs Brunson is giving me a headache, i keep switching between them 2.

Smart feels like the industry choice but Brunson feels like the zeitgeist choice and I don’t know which way they’ll go.

PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Topics:

OMG don’t drink the kool aid, Smart is winning Actress. Brunson might get writing. AE winning Casting was expected. Let’s not forget Brunson and ABC were sued for infringement for the material. Hader will win Actor and Waddingham will win supporting actress…I think Ralph/Jones will split. Metcalf won guest actress going against 3 other HACKS actresses…and I felt she was the weakest link, but she still won. They are watching HACKS. I think AE might win comedy series.

Mare Sheehan
    Topics:

Final Predictions

• Comedy Series: Abbott Elementary
    • Actor: Bill Hader – Barry
    • Actress: Jean Smart – Hacks
    • Supporting Actor: Brett Goldstein – Ted Lasso
    • Supporting Actress: Janelle James – Abbott Elementary
    • Directing: Bill Hader – Barry
    • Writing: Quinta Brunson – Abbott Elementary 

Emmy and Academy Award Winner - Kate Winslet

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Comedy Series: Abbott Elementary (Spoiler: any of the top 5)
    Comedy Actress: Quinta Brunson, Abbott Elementary (Spoiler: Jean Smart, Hacks)
    Comedy Actor: Bill Hader, Barry (Spoiler: Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso)
    Comedy S. Actress: Janelle James, Abbott Elementary (Spoiler: Hannah Einbinder, Hacks)
    Comedy S. Actor: Henry Winkler, Barry (Spoiler: Brett Goldstein, Ted Lasso)
    Comedy Writing: Abbott Elementary (Spoiler: Only Murders in the Building)
    Comedy Directing: Barry (Spoiler: Hacks)

We have almost the same predictions for all comedy categories (I am predicting Goldstein). I am very torn for Lead Actress though. Quinta is giving me the same energy that made me predict Phoebe Waller-Bridge over JLD in 2019. But Hacks is a lot stronger in Season 2 than Veep was for its final season

I am sticking with Quinta because I feel like actors who want to reward her can’t really vote for her in writing, so this is where they will show their love for her. It also helps that I am predicting Abbott for Comedy Series.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

i’ve just had a vision almost like a prophecy

Emmy Winner Bowen Yang

wolfali
    Topics:

We have almost the same predictions for all comedy categories (I am predicting Goldstein). I am very torn for Lead Actress though. Quinta is giving me the same energy that made me predict Phoebe Waller-Bridge over JLD in 2019. But Hacks is a lot stronger in Season 2 than Veep was for its final season I am sticking with Quinta because I feel like actors who want to reward her can’t really vote for her in writing, so this is where they will show their love for her. It also helps that I am predicting Abbott for Comedy Series.

I feel similarly. It’s a tough one because on the one hand I can’t ignore that there still seems to be quite a bit of love for Hacks in the Television Academy with its two creative arts wins but then at the same time I also feel like that’s really all it has? It won contemporary costumes but the only show I could really have imagined winning over it there was Pam and Tommy (which couldn’t even win period hairstyling over Bridgerton) and whilst Metcalf overcoming a 4 way vote-split is something that shouldn’t be ignored I’m just not sure how much of that win was to do with the show itself and not how beloved Metcalf is as a performer and this category’s tendency to go with the bigger name. The show still lost editing (a category that has almost always gone to shows that are bigger in the series race and/or face no internal competition) to Barry for example.

But then that being said unlike Ted Lasso it still won stuff at the creative arts showing and whilst I don’t think there’s an undeniable sense of passion behind Smart her performance is of course still quite beloved. I guess I’ve settled on Brunson here (and Abbott in series) because not only does it feel like she’s had that same upsurge in support that we saw Brosnahan, Waller-Bridge, O’Hara and Smart all have in this category in the past four years but because Abbott‘s casting win (something it achieved without even getting a directing nomination, which no show under the current system has done) tells me that either that it’s triumph was based on passion or because there was no consensus with any of the other competitors. And I think both are compelling arguments for it to win series and actress.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

LittleLucky
    Topics:

SERIES

Will Win: Ted Lasso

Could Win: Abbott Elementary

Should Win: Ted Lasso

ACTRESS

Will Win: Jean Smart – Hacks

Could Win: Quinta Brunson – Abbott Elementary

Should Win: Kaley Cuoco – The Flight Attendant

ACTOR

Will Win: Jason Sudeikis – Ted Lasso

Could Win: Bill Hader – Barry

Should Win: Jason Sudeikis – Ted Lasso

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Will Win: Hannah Einbinder – Hacks

Could Win: Janelle James – Abbott Elementary

Should Win: Hannah Waddingham – Ted Lasso

SUPPORTING ACTOR

Will Win: Brett Goldstein – Ted Lasso

Could Win: Tyler James Williams – Abbott Elementary

Should Win: Nick Mohammed – Ted Lasso

WRITING

Will Win: “Pilot” – Abbott Elementary

Could Win: “The One, The Only” – Hacks

Should Win: “The Wellness Center” – What We Do In The Shadows

DIRECTING

Will Win: “710N” – Barry

Could Win: “There Will Be Blood” – Hacks

Should Win: “710N” – Barry

celinem98
    Topics:

Series: Ted Lasso (possibly Hacks)

Actress: Jean Smart (possibly Quinta)

Actor: Jason Sudeikis (possibly Bill)

Supporting Actress: Janelle James (possibly Hannah E)

Supporting Actor: Brett Goldstein (possibly Henry)

Writing: Abbott Elementary (possibly Hacks)

Directing: Barry (possibly OMITB)

I really don’t see Abbott coming out of this without an acting win after winning casting. Did a show winning casting but no ATL acting categories ever happen?? That would be very weird, especially as casting directors do vote for actors right?

jjjmoss
    Topics:

Series: Ted Lasso (possibly Hacks) Actress: Jean Smart (possibly Quinta) Actor: Jason Sudeikis (possibly Bill) Supporting Actress: Janelle James (possibly Hannah E) Supporting Actor: Brett Goldstein (possibly Henry) Writing: Abbott Elementary (possibly Hacks) Directing: Barry (possibly OMITB) I really don’t see Abbott coming out of this without an acting win after winning casting. Did a show winning casting but no ATL acting categories ever happen?? That would be very weird, especially as casting directors do vote for actors right?

Girls

estrelas
    Topics:

Series: Ted Lasso (possibly Hacks) Actress: Jean Smart (possibly Quinta) Actor: Jason Sudeikis (possibly Bill) Supporting Actress: Janelle James (possibly Hannah E) Supporting Actor: Brett Goldstein (possibly Henry) Writing: Abbott Elementary (possibly Hacks) Directing: Barry (possibly OMITB) I really don’t see Abbott coming out of this without an acting win after winning casting. Did a show winning casting but no ATL acting categories ever happen?? That would be very weird, especially as casting directors do vote for actors right?

Girls

Stranger Things

String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Sudeikis winning over Hader would be an atrocity. He’s 5th in my personal picks (only Glover below, but any other year Glover would not be last).

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

estrelas
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Glover yet but Sudeikis is indeed the weakest of the lineup. The other 4 are simply superior.

24Kgirl
    Topics:

Stranger Things

Sex and the City in 2003 (only Emmy award won that year).

So it’s happened before.

celinem98
    Topics:

Good to know, thank you! I still believe Abbott won’t come home without an ATL acting win though, it would really surprise me. But their best chance is supporting actress, I don’t think they can win actress and defo not supporting actor.

Voyage
    Topics:

Final predictions:

Series: Abbott (Alt: Ted Lasso)

Lead Actress: Jean Smart (Alt: Quinta Brunson)

Lead Actor: Bill Hader (Alt: Jason Sudeikis)

Supporting Actress: Hannah Waddingham (Alt: Janelle James)

Supporting Actor: Anthony Carrigan (Alt: Brett Goldstein)

Writing: Abbott Elementary (Pilot) (Alt: Hacks (The One, The Only)

Directing: Barry (710N) (Alt: Only Murders in the Building (The Boy from 6B)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.