Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
Brayfers

• Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I keep switching back and forth between Einbeinder and James and I don’t know what to do.

Jojo1
    Topics:

I put James first 🤲🏿

estrelas
    Topics:

I think Kaley has hand down the best tape, but Fanning does have the most comedic one, so idk who would prevail in the tape system

Fanning. Kaley does have the best performance but it’s way too dramatic to win under tape. Fanning, on the other hand, balances both perfectly and the first half of her tape is very comedic.

methaddiction
    Topics:

Quinta will get writing or directing.

The show isn’t even nominated for directing..

Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

There are open poles on IMDB for the users, a lot of people have voted and I think that the results are interesting:

1. Ted Lasso won with 30%, Only Murders in the Building is second with 20%, then Barry is third with 12%, then Shadows with 11%, then the fifth place is between Maisel and Abbott with 8%, then Curb with 7% and Hacks is last with 6%.
    2. Jason Sudeikis won with 33%, followed by Bill Hader with 18%, Martin with 15%, Short with 13%, Glover with 12% and Hoult is last with 9%.
    3. Kaley Cuoco won with 24%, followed by Rachel Brosnahan with 20%, Fanning with with 19%, Smart with 18%, Brunson with 13% and Issa Rae is last with 7%.

– As someone who do not watch comedies (the only one I have seen is The Great), I am surprised how popular are Ted Lasso and Sudeikis in comparison with the rest. Only Murders in the Building is the only one that can compite, they are the two comedies with most votes as well.
    – The victory of Kaley Cuoco is also surprising for me, I have seen that many of you adore her performance, I am glad that the general audiences agree with you.
    – Abbot has more votes than Hacks in Comedy, but Smart has more votes than Brunson in Actress. Telling?
    – I cannot decide between Abbot and Ted Lasso in Comedy, maybe I will switch to Only Murders in the Building at the end…

String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Elle Fanning would be winning this easily if it was based on episodes because I think she has the best episode

It is based on episodes?

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

The victory of Kaley Cuoco is also surprising for me, I have seen that many of you adore her performance, I am glad that the general audiences agree with you

It’s one of those performances where, if you watched S2, it’s hard to deny Cuoco the win (she also won a Twitter contest recently). She’s THAT good.

Manav
    Topics:

I keep switching back and forth between Einbeinder and James and I don’t know what to do.

W.A.D.D.I.N.G.H.A.M.

PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Topics:

Flight Attendant and Barry are not even Comedies.How Sharon Stone didn’t make the cut for Guest Actress of FA is appalling.

crabbie
    Topics:

Abbot Elementary is strong, but I don’t know if its strong enough to take down Ted Lasso. I can’t comfortably predict Abbot in series currently since I have Smart repeating again.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Couverture
    Topics:

Series
    Will Win: Barry
    Could Win: Abbott Elementary
    Should Win: Only Murders in the Building

Actor
    Will Win: Bill Hader, Barry
    Could Win: Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso
    Should Win: Steve Martin/Martin Short, Only Murders In The Building

Actress
    Will Win: Quinta Brunson, Abbott Elementary
    Could Win: Jean Smart, Hacks
    Should Win: Kaley Cuoco, The Flight Attendant

Supporting Actor
    Will Win: Henry Winkler, Barry
    Could Win: Brett Goldstein, Ted Lasso
    Should Win: Henry Winkler, Barry

Supporting Actress
    Will Win: Janelle James, Abbott Elementary
    Could Win: Hannah Einbinder, Hacks
    Should Win: Sheryl Lee Ralph, Abbott Elementary

Writing
    Will Win: “Pilot”, Abbott Elementary
    Could Win: “starting now”, Barry
    Should Win: “starting now”, Barry

Directing
    Will Win: “710N”, Barry
    Could Win: “The Boy from 6B”, Only Murders in the Building
    Should Win: “710N”, Barry

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

W.A.D.D.I.N.G.H.A.M.

She was so meh in season 2 sorry – not deserving

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Fanning. Kaley does have the best performance but it’s way too dramatic to win under tape. Fanning, on the other hand, balances both perfectly and the first half of her tape is very comedic.

Why we keep pretending that the tape system was that easy and logical to predict?! Usually, the winners were as surprising as they are now. I think that under the tape system Jean Smart would have been a perennial winner a la Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

estrelas
    Topics:

Why we keep pretending that the tape system was that easy and logical to predict?! Usually, the winners were as surprising as they are now. I think that under the tape system Jean Smart would have been a perennial winner a la Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

I didn’t say she was definitely winning, did I? Victor was questioning between Kaley and Fanning who would be more likely to win under tape and I said Fanning, for the reasons I mentioned. Also, in my opinion, Jean’s submission is not good at all and personally I don’t think she would be win competitive for it. But thats just me.

Tonbone
    Topics:

Steve Martin has the funniest episode in his category and should win for it. But as we have seen before they aren’t really voting for the funniest performances otherwise Jeffrey Tambor and Edie Falco and Bill Hader never would have won Emmy awards for comedy categories.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.