Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
Brayfers
  • Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Tbh I don’t really care who wins supporting actress at this point with Goldberg having been snubbed. She was already my personal winner after I finished this season of Barry but I don’t think I knew just how much passion I felt towards her performance until she was snubbed.

That’s not a slight on any of the other nominated performances (I thought Borstein, Einbinder, James, Ralph and Waddingham were win worthy in their own right and I’d easily nominate each of them) but I just feel apathy looking at that line-up.

If tapes mattered I think it would be between Borstein, Einbeinder, and James. Since they don’t matter I think James has the strongest narrative and therefor will win. But I am with you – the Sarah Goldberg snub leaves me feeling pretty indifferent to the category.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, there is NOT such a thing as vote-splitting.  Janelle James will easily win Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I was looking through my picks and Steve Martin sitting in my sixth slot because he’s never won an individual Emmy and it got me thinking maybe he’s actually the real dark horse in the category given his legendary status and the fact he’s never won an individual Emmy before in his 40 somewhat year career. Anyone else get that feeling?

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I was looking through my picks and Steve Martin sitting in my sixth slot because he’s never won an individual Emmy and it got me thinking maybe he’s actually the real dark horse in the category given his legendary status and the fact he’s never won an individual Emmy before in his 40 somewhat year career. Anyone else get that feeling?

I would love this so much.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I would love this so much.

Me too. I love Steve Martin in Only Murders. Short is good but Steve Martin is why I keep on watching.

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

Tbh I don’t really care who wins supporting actress at this point with Goldberg having been snubbed. She was already my personal winner after I finished this season of Barry but I don’t think I knew just how much passion I felt towards her performance until she was snubbed. That’s not a slight on any of the other nominated performances (I thought Borstein, Einbinder, James, Ralph and Waddingham were win worthy in their own right and I’d easily nominate each of them) but I just feel apathy looking at that line-up.

Yes, that perfomance was just amazing, it’s probably my best in this season 3 of Barry. Imagine if Bill and Henry win again this year, they deserves but it would be sad to see cuz probably Sarah could be winning too.

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

Honey, there is NOT such a thing as vote-splitting. Janelle James will easily win Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.

I wish I had in life the confidence that you have here

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

Y’all I know I’m so late on watching Abbot, but I just finished the first episode and ohh my gosh Quinta… this entire cast is phenomenal and it deserves everything possible.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

What are the odds of Abbott Elementary picking up Actress, Supporting Actress and Supporting Actor?

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

We might be underestimating Sheryl Lee Ralph

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

I wanna be a teacher now

Profile picture
    smarter person
    Topics:

I just finished watching Abbott. God, what a fantastic show. Great performances, fantastic writing, top notch humor, etc. Everything I want out of a sitcom! Forever thankful this show introduced me to the wonderful Janelle James. She KILLED it as Ava.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I would be thrilled if Hader, Hoult, Martin or Short won. I love each of them (for Baby Hoult and a completely underrated movie, rewatch About A Boy immediately, everyone).

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Snow
    Topics:

I finished today Abbot and it just got better and better with each episode. The cast is *chef’s kiss*! Its been years since I was so involved with comedy series in terms of who to root for. In other years I would pick a favorite and stick to it until the end, but right now I honestly don’t know to root for, especially in actress and supporting.

Profile picture
    Snow
    Topics:

I wanna be a teacher now

Honey, don’t be. I’m one and don’t recommend it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.