Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 522 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Season 1 won for Actor and Directing Season 2 has a Guest Actor win and zero ATL wins. Likewise it swept the guilds for S1 while it wasn’t even nominated in some for S2 and lost all of them.

ok so I was aware that season one had less wins than season two but assumed you couldn’t be referencing that since Barry also had less wins for season 2….so what were you trying to say?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

ok so I was aware that season one had less wins than season two but assumed you couldn’t be referencing that since Barry also had less wins for season 2….so what were you trying to say?

Atlanta season 1 (6 awards): Primetime Emmy Award for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Directing for a Comedy Series, Writers Guild of America Award for Television : Comedy Series, Writers Guild of America Award for Television : New Series, TCA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Comedy, TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Comedy

Atlanta season 2 (4 awards): Primetime Emmy Award for Guest Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Cinematography in a Comedy Series (Half-Hour), Primetime Emmy Award for Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour), ACE Award: Best Edited Comedy Series for Commercial Television

Barry season 1 (6 awards): Primetime Emmy Award for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour), Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series, Writers Guild of America Award for Television : New Series, Writers Guild of America Award for Television : Episodic Comedy

Barry season 2 (6 awards): Primetime Emmy Award for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour), Primetime Emmy Award for Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour), Directors Guild of America Award for Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series, Cinema Audio Society Award for Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Series – Half Hour, Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Comedy Series

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Atlanta has only been off the air for a year longer than Barry, but I hear a LOT more hype for the latter today. There seems to be more chatter surrounding the upcoming season of the latter as well.

I think people respect Atlanta more than they enjoy it. That’s why I think Barry absolutely has the upper hand if they go head-to-head at awards and why I think Atlanta will still do fairly well in nominations but won’t win any of them.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Girlies

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Atlanta season 1 (6 awards): Primetime Emmy Award for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Directing for a Comedy Series, Writers Guild of America Award for Television : Comedy Series, Writers Guild of America Award for Television : New Series, TCA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Comedy, TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Comedy

Atlanta season 2 (4 awards): Primetime Emmy Award for Guest Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Cinematography in a Comedy Series (Half-Hour), Primetime Emmy Award for Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour), ACE Award: Best Edited Comedy Series for Commercial Television

Barry season 1 (6 awards): Primetime Emmy Award for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour), Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series, Writers Guild of America Award for Television : New Series, Writers Guild of America Award for Television : Episodic Comedy

Barry season 2 (6 awards): Primetime Emmy Award for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Primetime Emmy Award for Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour), Primetime Emmy Award for Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour), Directors Guild of America Award for Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series, Cinema Audio Society Award for Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Series – Half Hour, Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Comedy Series

Add that to Barry being in contention for PGA, DGA, CDG, etc. and Atlanta only maintained WGA, which it lost.
    I think one definitely did better than the other.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I really hope Insecure can pick up a couple trophies this year. I know it’s a long shot, but it’s a little sad how people like Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Bill Hader get that shiny auteur status while Issa Rae hasn’t.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I really hope Insecure can pick up a couple trophies this year. I know it’s a long shot, but it’s a little sad how people like Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Bill Hader get that shiny auteur status while Issa Rae hasn’t.

I do think she could win Writing actually.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think it’s highly highly possible Hulu runs Martin Short in supporting. I’m going to continue predicting him in lead, but Hulu’s made a point to spread out their submissions in the past. Nicholas Hoult was probably put in supporting with the hopes that Ramy Youssef would walk away with a win. Joseph Fiennes made no sense in lead for THT, but they wanted the other three big supporting men to get in as well (a plan that half worked).

I don’t think Hulu will want to push three lead actors, especially when they’ve got no one in supporting. One of Martin, Short, or Hoult will drop down, and Short is the obvious answer.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it’s highly highly possible Hulu runs Martin Short in supporting. I’m going to continue predicting him in lead, but Hulu’s made a point to spread out their submissions in the past. Nicholas Hoult was probably put in supporting with the hopes that Ramy Youssef would walk away with a win. Joseph Fiennes made no sense in lead for THT, but they wanted the other three big supporting men to get in as well (a plan that half worked). I don’t think Hulu will want to push three lead actors, especially when they’ve got no one in supporting. One of Martin, Short, or Hoult will drop down, and Short is the obvious answer.

If Short goes supporting I think he’s got a strong shot at a sweep. Only Murders in the Building is a guaranteed series nominee at this point and each first season series nominee (with the exception of The Flight Attendant although until Hacks came along it was looking really good for actress and directing wins) under this new system has been win competitive for something.

He gives the most acclaimed performance on the show and it’s one that is being praised as a career high. Brett Goldstein has a lot of passion for his performance but passion has also grown for Toheeb Jimoh etc so I can see Ted Lasso end up pulling a Handmaid’s here where is well placed to overcome a vote-split in this category in its first season (Handmaid‘s won series, Ted Lasso’s main competitor in s. actor had internal competition) but with stronger competition and more of a spread of passion between its actors, its a bigger hurdle for the second. Same thing with the Barry actors if they return.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hulu please keep the trio of Only Murders intact, they are all lead
    Short is getting more and more attention as the show goes by, so the fraud Huns, the fraud.
    Based on trailer and spots Hoult is probably taking a back seat this season so he should be the one that goes Supporting (if the trailers proved to be right, if not, you’re a lead, you’re a lead and everyone’s a lead).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I can definitely see Hulu putting Gomez and Short in supporting to help all 3 cast members have their best chance at winning.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think it’s highly highly possible Hulu runs Martin Short in supporting. I’m going to continue predicting him in lead, but Hulu’s made a point to spread out their submissions in the past. Nicholas Hoult was probably put in supporting with the hopes that Ramy Youssef would walk away with a win. Joseph Fiennes made no sense in lead for THT, but they wanted the other three big supporting men to get in as well (a plan that half worked).

Guest categories also tend to favour strong supporting contenders at the same show so I think running someone really strong in supporting would be smart as this is really strong guest-wise (from what I can see only Amy Ryan and Jackie Hoffman would have to go supporting on eps)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can definitely see Hulu putting Gomez and Short in supporting to help all 3 cast members have their best chance at winning.

I definitely can too but the problem is that it would be such an egregious category fraud so even though I’d be really happy that Short might have a strong shot at a win in supporting, I’d be pissed too.

If Hulu do put him there we know who is running their awards campaigns:

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I definitely can too but the problem is that it would be such an egregious category fraud so even though I’d be really happy that Short might have a strong shot at a win in supporting, I’d be pissed too.

I don’t think it’s any more or less worse than Dan Levy or Annie Murphy in supporting for Schitt’s (which they let happen to great success)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Help 2 cast members right
    Because Steve Martin wouldn’t beat Jason Sudeikis even if he multiplies by 100.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.