Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 363 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    austyntexas
    Topics:

he’s going to give sudeikis a fight!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

he’s going to give sudeikis a fight!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hope so. It seems to be taking off literally right now. Everyone in my circle is starting to watch.

Here’s how it’s going the Schitts Creek route

Actress

Actor

Supporting Actress

+ Nod for Wanda Sykes

Supporting Actor

Any of the two is fine

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Here’s how it’s going the Schitts Creek route Actress Actor Supporting Actress + Nod for Wanda Sykes Supporting Actor Any of the two is fine

Dubek’s + Wanda Sykes + Ken Marino would make me so happy, but I’m being a little too greedy for this show that’s just getting popular lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Speaking of The Other Two I’m not predicting it there but it wouldn’t surprise me if it showed up at WGA. It’s very “writery” and we’ve seen the guild catch up on critical darlings like it and throw a nomination at them for their second seasons even if they haven’t been nominated for the new series award at WGA for their first instalment (The Boys) or haven’t broken through at the Emmys (Mindhunter, Broad City).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Already aired/premiere date (or month) set:

– Black Monday (Showtime)
    – Blindspotting (Starz)
    – Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC)
    – The Chair (Netflix)
    – Cobra Kai (Netflix)
    – Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
    – Dave (FXX)
    – Emily in Paris (Netflix)
    – Feel Good (Netflix)
    – Grace and Frankie (Netflix)
    – The Great (Hulu)
    – Guilty Party (Starz)
    – Insecure (HBO)
    – Kevin Can F*** Himself (AMC)
    – Never Have I Ever (Netflix)
    – Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)
    – On the Verge (Netflix)
    – The Other Two (HBO Max)
    – Peacemaker (HBO Max)
    – Physical (AppleTV+)
    – Reservation Dogs (FX on Hulu)
    – Schmigadoon (AppleTV+)
    – Sex Education (Netflix)
    – The Sex Lives of College Girls (HBO Max)
    – Starstruck (HBO Max)
    – Ted Lasso (AppleTV+)
    – This Way Up (Hulu)
    – We Are Lady Parts (Peacock)
    – What We Do in the Shadows (FX)
    – The Wonder Years (ABC)

Confirmed to air at some point during the 2021-2022 cycle:

– And Just Like That… (HBO Max)
    – Atlanta (FX)
    – Better Things (FX)
    – Black-ish (ABC)
    – B-Positive (CBS)
    – Hard Cell (Netflix)
    – Kenan (NBC)
    – MacGruber (Peacock)
    – The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)
    – Russian Doll (Netflix)

Completed Shooting*:

– She-Hulk (Disney+)

Filming (or set to start soon):

– Barry (HBO)
    – The Flight Attendant (HBO Max)
    – Girls5Eva (Peacock)

Unknown:

– The Curse (Showtime)
    – Dead to Me (Netflix)
    – Hacks (HBO Max)
    – Life + Beth (Hulu)
    – Mythic Quest (AppleTV+)
    – Our Flag Means Death (HBO Max)
    – Pen15 (Hulu)

Ineligible:

– The Kominsky Method (Netflix)
    – Mom (CBS)
    – Ramy (Hulu)
    – Shameless (Showtime)
    – Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (NBC)

*or set to conclude shooting soon

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Already aired/premiere date (or month) set:

That is actively insane.

Wow everyone really looked at the weak comedy year in 2021 and went “opportunity”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

For those have watched Ted Lasso S2 till Episode 10, I’d like to ask them: who would you personally vote for Best Supporting Actress this season,out of the two-Hannah Waddingham or Juno Temple?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

For those have watched Ted Lasso S2 till Episode 10, I’d like to ask them: who would you personally vote for Best Supporting Actress this season,out of the two-Hannah Waddingham or Juno Temple?

If I consider I’d be voting in many months time, I would vote for Hannah. When she delivers in episodes, she delivers. Juno is more consistently good across the season (she also has better material in the early half) but I think the problem with airing this early is they’ll remember the former.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Alex Borstein will be Guest in Resident Alien Season 2. Linda Hamilton and Terry O’Quinn will also return: https://tvline.com/2021/09/27/resident-alien-season-2-alex-borstein-photos/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Alex Borstein will be Guest in Resident Alien Season 2. Linda Hamilton and Terry O’Quinn will also return: https://tvline.com/2021/09/27/resident-alien-season-2-alex-borstein-photos/

I love this.

Resident Alien is underrated, especially Tudyk, who would have been a very worthy contender for Lead Actor Comedy this year.

Borstein fits the tone for this show really well and I can see this working.

Syfy were almost non-existent with their campaigning last year (and didn’t even submit their guests?!?!?) so hopefully they can step it up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If I consider I’d be voting in many months time, I would vote for Hannah. When she delivers in episodes, she delivers. Juno is more consistently good across the season (she also has better material in the early half) but I think the problem with airing this early is they’ll remember the former.

Precisely,my thoughts.
    ******MILD SPOILER ALERT******

But the end of Episode 10 in a kind of dilemma for Keeley (you know if you’ve seen), it makes me wonder that since we’ve had great Single episodes for almost every charachter, we’ll have one for Keeley too. I think Episode 11 named “Midnight Train to Royston” (title indicates a lot) will be a great Juno Temple showcase. I also feel Rebecca has much less material this time while Keeley develops (like really develops). Episode 10 was a top-notch Waddingham showcase but if Episode 11 is for Keeley, Temple may be fresher in memory. That being said,I think it’s possible that by the time of Emmys voting,the memory of S2 is so dim that voters may default to Waddingham.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Precisely,my thoughts. *MILD SPOILER ALERT *

Yeah I agree, I’m hoping we get a Keeley centric episode, but I agree if we look at the logic, they’re likely to default to Hannah.

I also think Hannah is an absolutely exceptional campaigner and I very much got the impression from this season Juno is more than happy to let her take the reigns there, and I think that matters if it’s borderline.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I also think Hannah is an absolutely exceptional campaigner and I very much got the impression from this season Juno is more than happy to let her take the reigns there, and I think that matters if it’s borderline.

Absolutely agreed. Since Ted Lasso S3 most likely won’t premiere during Emmys voting time next year and the fact that Temple is much more stronger this year, I do wonder if both Waddingham and Temple will split enough votes this time to give someone else a win. Cause the last Emmys,we knew Waddingham is THE STANDOUT and also Ted Lasso S2 was airing while voting was on, but now Temple is strong and Ted Lasso may be a bit forgotten (a bit).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

– Mythic Quest (AppleTV+)

Mythic Quest is definitely not filming, I follow Charlotte Nicdao on IG and she has been in Australia for months.

Life and Beth is wrapped.

Both the Pen15 girls have very, very new babies so I wouldn’t be shocked if they missed.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 363 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.