Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 5)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 466 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
21 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

Spill sweetie. Now we need to get them to block the supporting ladies of SNL…

In a perfect world we would also have Molly Shannon and Holland Taylor competitive enough to get in

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

I’d guess as of now Marin Hinkle is the one in the most dangerous zone here if any of the SNL ladies return (which I totally believe it will happen)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

Apparently there’s a gif between Amy Ryan and Annie Murphy but it’s not loading on my computer and I really wanna know who that is 💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Kate McKinnon will get in. She will get in as long as she’s on SNL,i.e., forever.

I don’t even have a problem with McKinnon or any of the SNLers as performers, but it’s an entirely different type of performance.

There is enough content to put this, comedy and stand up specials, recorded theatre performances etc in a category of their own. It would actually be a perfect place to experiment with non-gendered categories as there’s probably appropriate content for 6-8 nominees total.

They’re also rarely win-worthy out of guest and it would actually be nice to see the best live/pre-recorded special performer of the year win an Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’d guess as of now Marin Hinkle is the one in the most dangerous zone here if any of the SNL ladies return (which I totally believe it will happen)

I always thought Hinkle was a borderline nominee in the first place (she’s always felt like a coat-tail for me)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Apparently there’s a gif between Amy Ryan and Annie Murphy but it’s not loading on my computer and I really wanna know who that is 💀

Zazie Beetz!

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Kate McKinnon has been getting nominated since 1923, we need her to go.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Perhaps the difference in air dates will make a difference between their situations but I’m getting Julianne Nicholson vibes from Amy Ryan and I’m wondering if that’s just me or is something felt by others here? An under-recognised veteran who has a baity tape in one of the most popular and acclaimed shows of the cycle that might not be strong enough to win series in this field but might cruise to the win in any other year.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Perhaps the difference in air dates will make a difference between their situations but I’m getting Julianne Nicholson vibes from Amy Ryan and I’m wondering if that’s just me or is something felt by others here?

Ryan’s got an sole-supporting actress Oscar nomination and a previous SAG nom in the same cycle, so she knows how to campaign. I would not be underrating her here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Perhaps the difference in air dates will make a difference between their situations but I’m getting Julianne Nicholson vibes from Amy Ryan and I’m wondering if that’s just me or is something felt by others here? An under-recognised veteran who has a baity tape in one of the most popular and acclaimed shows of the cycle that might not be strong enough to win series in this field but might cruise to the win in any other year.

True but as you said “difference in air dates.” Julianne had the momentum during voting which Ryan won’t have. Besides,single episode brilliance tends to lose momentum after 1-2 months which is why lesser people remember Judith Light but most people remember Penelope Cruz in Gianni Versace. Julianne has been consistently losing steam now and that’s why I don’t think she can win the winter Awards. Coming back to Ryan, if she gets a precursor win, it will grant her great strength as to a nomination come Emmys (like Julianne would have been much weaker for the Winter Awards nominations had she not won the Emmy) but I really don’t think it can sustain till the Emmys when Borstein, Goldberg and Einbender with recent air dates are having momentum. Only huge frontunners like Waddingham and Anderson are able to sustain momentum for such a long time. (Waddingham being really helped by the Critics Choice win and S2 airing).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It doesn’t help either that she most likely won’t appear in season 2 right? When was the last time a 1 season performance won a comedy acting emmy?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Spill sweetie. Now we need to get them to block the supporting ladies of SNL…

And when she wins her 3rd…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It doesn’t help either that she most likely won’t appear in season 2 right? When was the last time a 1 season performance won a comedy acting emmy?

Yeah, it’s a good point that I’d overlooked. Particularly under the new system, the vast majority of nominees (sans The Crown and it’s specific anthology format) are either folks with clear multi-season arcs and/or original cast members.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Just couldn’t stop wondering who would be cast in S3 of The Great as Catherine The Great? Has to be an Actress in her 40s-50s who can mould into a historical setup. Who do you all think will be good nominees for the role?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Just couldn’t stop wondering who would be cast in S3 of The Great as Catherine The Great? Has to be an Actress in her 40s-50s who can mould into a historical setup. Who do you all think will be good nominees for the role?

I don’t think she’ll do it but I think Kate Winslet would be fantastic.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    Succession
    The Great
    Nine Days
    Mass

Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 466 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.