Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 5)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 464 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
5 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Brett Hunt
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> Definitely Kate Winslet (Rachel Weisz as an alternative). And maybe Helen Mirren for S5-S6 (if it happens). I don’t think Keira Knightley to be suitable for this. I’ve never seen her in a role of a calculative/manipulated and highly internally conflicted person. If she had a film like The Lost Daughter or Little Children or Far From Heaven on her resume,I would have considered her.

I was thinking of Kate Winslet as the first choice but as you said I don’t think she’ll take this up even if offered. So maybe Rachel Weisz or Keira Knightley (if they accept this lol).

I don’t think she’ll do it but I think Kate Winslet would be fantastic.

Dunno if Kate Winslet can pull of Comedy. She may not have those chops. She’s never done a comedy film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Caitriona Balfe is for sure announcing something on TV after her Oscar win nod.
    I imagine what

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Are we to presume they go with someone with a relatively high profile here do you think?

No,they may go with someone from the theatre or someone not in the limelight. But having a high profile actress play the role would give it more news coverage, more buzz and mor viewership (increase visibility) which is crucial for this show. Unless the show is extremely buzzy and older voters’ friendly,it won’t be strong enough to win the top prize.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

ing’s sister,so casting her as the next Catherine would be weird. Imagine how would it be if they went from Claire Foy to Emilia Clarke.

I would say someone like Hannah Waddingham (obviously busy) is almost exactly the right age – 40s seems about right.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Dunno if Kate Winslet can pull of Comedy. She may not have those chops. She’s never done a comedy film.

Kate Winslet was offered The Favourite so I don’t think Tony MacNamara thinks she doesn’t have comedic chops.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

1. Ted Lasso – no reason to miss
    2. Barry – no reason to miss
    3. Hacks – no reason to miss
    4. Only Murders In The Building – still to be seen, but who are we kidding, this will slay the winter awards
    5. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel – no reason to miss

After that i feel like it’s like 7 shows fighting for 3 spots.
    Atlanta, What We Do In The Shadows, Insecure, Russian Doll, The Great, Blackish, Curb etc etc.
    And if The Flight Attendant makes eligibility LOL.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

1. Ted Lasso – no reason to miss
    2. Barry – no reason to miss
    3. Hacks – no reason to miss
    4. Only Murders In The Building – still to be seen, but who are we kidding, this will slay the winter awards
    5. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel – no reason to miss

After that i feel like it’s like 7 shows fighting for 3 spots.
    Atlanta, What We Do In The Shadows, Insecure, Russian Doll, The Great, Blackish, Curb etc etc.
    And if The Flight Attendant makes eligibility LOL.

It’s like all shows of last 2 Emmy cycles (except Schitt’s Creek and The Good Place)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s like all shows of last 2 Emmy cycles (except Schitt’s Creek and The Good Place)

We need Veep to come back and win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

We need Veep to come back and win

The last 2 seasons weren’t it though..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The last 2 seasons weren’t it though..

I rewatched S7 this year and i loved way more lol, i think i was kind let down cause of the wait, but once you got pass that you really enjoy the season.

Season 6 is yeah, the lowest

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Is the casting change for The Great even a thing? This is honestly the only place that talks about it. Hulu didn’t even mention it when they announced the season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Also good god from the pics on IG that Tim Burton / Addams Family spin-off looks wildly expensive (or you get very good value out of shooting in and around Bucharest castles)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Fanning and Mulligan don’t seem to have the necessary age difference. Going from Fanning,one needs a proper actress in her 40s-50s who is a generation above the two of them. Mulligan could play Fanning’s sister,so casting her as the next Catherine would be weird. Imagine how would it be if they went from Claire Foy to Emilia Clarke.

I mean Clarke is 2 years younger than Foy so obviously that’d be weird lol. Fanning is just 23 atm. Going from her to an actress more than double her age would neither work nor something the show is looking for anyway since the real Catherine only lived for 67 years. Someone like Mulligan (mid 30s) is completely age appropriate. I actually like the choice since she does give a more mature Fanning vibe, both physically and acting wise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is the casting change for The Great even a thing? This is honestly the only place that talks about it. Hulu didn’t even mention it when they announced the season.

I think Tony McNamara said somewhere that he was thinking of doing that way, but it by no means confirmed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

If The Great is indeed going to change its cast, I highly doubt it’s going to be a movie actress like Kate Winslet or Carey Mulligan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 464 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.