Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 431 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
18 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Season 2 started filming in January and premiered in July so if season 3 follows the same production time frame is followed then it will premiere in August…

…which is probably the same time Only Murders in the Building season 2 will premiere judging by when it starts shooting too.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:
    Victor
    Topics:

‘Ted Lasso’ Season 3: Ed Sheeran Is Writing a Song for New Season

Urgh, no one asked. So tired of this man

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

According to Production Weekly, Reservation Dogs Season 2 will start production in March and it will end in May.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Voyage
    Topics:

Season 2 started filming in January and premiered in July so if season 3 follows the same production time frame is followed then it will premiere in August… …which is probably the same time Only Murders in the Building season 2 will premiere judging by when it starts shooting too.

That is going to be fun

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

‘Ted Lasso’ Season 3: Ed Sheeran Is Writing a Song for New Season

Someone wants an EGOT.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I know it’s an uphill battle for network shows to return to this race – especially this year – but I’m keeping an eye on Abbott Elementary.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Fun Fact: There’s a very good chance that the Emmy winning duo (Jean Smart and Jason Sudeikis) sweeps the winter awards together.

This has only happened one time, with Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey winning SAG and the Golden Globes (there weren’t Critics Choice for TV at the time) after winning the Emmys, in the 2008-2009 season. In that case, they both were from the same show (30 Rock). It has never happened with actors from different shows.

If one of the precursors go against the flow, it will probably be the Globes. I just don’t know who would beat Sudeikis there, since the Martins will most likely vote split. Probably Hoult. It would be a quintessential Globes pick.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I hope HBO Max noticed with the Globes how they don’t need to fraud Hannah Einbinder into supporting and submit her in lead next year where she belongs so I can have my hopes up for Kaitlin Olson to be nominated in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The fact that Juno Temple is now only 1 nomination from 6 ceremonies for Ted Lasso (got in to 2021 Emmys, missed Globes and CCA 2022, as well as CCA/Globes/SAG 2021) is kind of concerning, especially in a busier field).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The fact that Juno Temple is now only 1 nomination from 6 ceremonies for Ted Lasso (got in to 2021 Emmys, missed Globes and CCA 2022, as well as CCA/Globes/SAG 2021) is kind of concerning, especially in a busier field).

None of her snubs outside of CC are surprising though and the Emmys clearly love the cast more than other award shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I find it ironic they’re snubbing Juno Temple. For those who watched S2, she was clearly better (or as good as) Hannah Waddingham. I mean the way she handled the complexities of relationships and a rising career was incredible. I thought Brett and Juno would get nominated as a duo (as Jason and Hannah as another one).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Juno Temple is kind of the Marin Hinkle of Ted Lasso. She’s got that quirky role that the show’s viewers are fans of and does deliver an excellent nomination, and arguably win, worthy performance but she isn’t as prominent (either narratively or just in the show’s overall image) as the seasoned thespian with the breakthrough role here (Waddingham/Borstein).

She’ll still easily get nominated because Ted Lasso will probably only grow in nominations love this year and people do really like her performance (which bodes well on the unlimited ballot) but SAG will probably determine where she is in this race. Right now (assuming all the shows returning in the spring are as strong as they were the last times they were eligible) I would put her fifth, ahead of Beetz and McKinnon but behind Borstein, Einbinder, Goldberg and of course Waddingham.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It’ll be fun to see Waddingham face off Borstein, Goldberg and Einbender (and possibly Amy Ryan idk) amidst the chance of vote split with Juno Temple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

when Reservation Dogs airs Season 2 during nominations voting and then shows up in Series + a writing nom (courtesy of the writers’ branch tastes) + supporting categories >>>

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 431 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.