Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 502 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Is Hawkeye an Emmy contender?

No. The only category I think it will get nominated for is Original Music & Lyrics for “Save the City”, it’s written by two multiple Oscar and Emmy nominees. I think it could win.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Are we sure Hawkeye is going to be Comedy? Chris Beachum said that Disney submitted Hawkeye into SAG as a Limited Series and continued that way in the predictions center.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

What are we thinking for the guest categories?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    The Great
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Severance
    The Batman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Forgive me for asking this (I haven’t seen anything to do with SNL this season at all) but has Maya Rudolph actually appeared on the show yet this season? I usually see her impression of Kamala Harris flooding my timeline every time but I haven’t seen anything at all this season?

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Forgive me for asking this (I haven’t seen anything to do with SNL this season at all) but has Maya Rudolph actually appeared on the show yet this season? I usually see her impression of Kamala Harris flooding my timeline every time but I haven’t seen anything at all this season?

I don’t think she’s actually appeared this season yet. I’ll probably predict her for now though cause I’d be shocked if she doesn’t make at least a cameo by May.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    The Great
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Severance
    The Batman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Right now I’m at:

Guest Actress

1. Maya Rudolph, Saturday Night Live
    2. Tina Fey, Only Murders in the Building
    3. Jane Lynch, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    4. Harriet Walter, Ted Lasso
    5. Jane Adams, Hacks
    6. Sharon Stone, The Flight Attendant

7. Gillian Anderson, The Great
    8. Ariana DeBose, Saturday Night Live
    9. Shohreh Aghdashloo, The Flight Attendant
    10. Jane Lynch, Only Murders in the Building

Guest Actor

1. Jason Sudeikis, Saturday Night Live
    2. Milo Ventimiglia, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    3. Kieran Culkin, Saturday Night Live
    4. Bill Hader, Curb Your Enthusiasm
    5. Will Forte, Saturday Night Live
    6. Jon Hamm, Curb Your Enthusiasm

7. Sam Richardson, Ted Lasso
    8. Anthony Head, Ted Lasso
    9. Jason Alexander, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    10. Willie Garson, And Just Like That…

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

What are we thinking for the guest categories?

1. Jason Sudeikis – Saturday Night Live
    2. Milo Ventimiglia – The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    3. Bill Hader – Curb Your Enthusiasm
    4. Kieran Culkin – Saturday Night Live
    5. Sam Richardson – Ted Lasso
    6. David Duchovny – The Chair

1. Tracy Ullman – Curb Your Enthusiasm
    2. Harriet Walter – Ted Lasso
    3. Gillian Anderson – The Great
    4. Jane Adams – Hacks
    5. Jane Lynch – Only Murders in the Building
    6. Ariana DeBose – Saturday Night Live

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Maya Rudolph doesn’t end up appearing on this season of SNL I think Harriet Walter is probably the frontrunner for the win in guest actress although I can see Sharon Stone crashing this race in a big way. That role she has in The Flight Attendant sounds super baity and there doesn’t seem to be a consensus on whether Walter’s performance in Ted Lasso was stronger than her Succession one so I can see her split her votes across two categories.

Of course Sharon Stone and Harriet Walter aren’t the only other contenders in this category. Kelly Bishop and Jane Lynch (who of course won a few years ago for this role) are both in this season of Maisel, we’ve got Shohreh Aghdashloo and Margaret Cho on The Flight Attendant, Chloe Sevigny returning to Russian Doll, Kaley Cuoco and Tracey Ullman on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Gillian Anderson (who will also be on the ballot for The First Lady) on The Great as well as Tina Fey, Jane Lynch and D’Avine Joy Randolph for Only Murders in the Building.

This is without even mentioning the possibility of voters name-checking Dolly Parton and Michelle Obama for Grace and Frankie and Black-ish, Hannah Waddingham for Sex Education, Ariana DeBose for Saturday Night Live and goodness knows who else may host SNL up until May.

FYC:

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I keep forgetting about Sam Richardson! He was brilliant in Ted Lasso. He should have won something for Veep and The Detroiters as well.

I hope it’s not just lame SNL hosts and old timers in guest but proper acting performances.

Is Toast of Tinseltown eligible?

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is Toast of Tinseltown eligible?

Not that I’m aware of.

It would have been so funny if it was and Bill Hader got double nominated in guest actor and four above the line nominations for comedy series, actor, writing and directing this season…

Well at least he‘ll still probably has a chance at getting 5 Emmy nominations this season lol.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Are we sure Hawkeye is going to be Comedy? Chris Beachum said that Disney submitted Hawkeye into SAG as a Limited Series and continued that way in the predictions center.

They were running comedy FYC which took us by surprise, so yes, I think it just needs to be updated.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don’t think so ATL but it’s still well made so BTL seems reasonable. Drama is weaker than comedy and Loki is looking fringe for Disney, so Hawkeye (which was not as well received and is apparently the least seen of the Marvel shows so far) seems unlikely and won’t benefit from either precursors or recency bias.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hawkeye is a non factor ATL

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hawkeye is a non factor ATL

To be honest, if they’re going to lean in to a comicbook/superhero show in comedy, I think you can probably make a more compelling case for Peacemaker overall. which is actually a comedy and is leaning more towards The Boys sensibilities.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.