Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hacks is going to the Paley Centre Fest this April.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Smart continues her streak of never losing a Comedy Emmy…

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

It appears that Black Monday has been quietly canceled by Showtime: https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/01/black-monday-cancelled-by-showtime.html

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It appears that Black Monday has been quietly canceled by Showtime: https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/01/black-monday-cancelled-by-showtime.html

Showtime is at it again.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Cheadle still qualifies for 2022 Emmys though right? Wasn’t it out in June?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

“Shirley MacLaine will be guest-starring in Season 2 of the Hulu hit as a former resident of the Arconia who possesses information critical to the investigation,

She’s coming to collect her things which she should have for Downton Abbey.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Cheadle still qualifies for 2022 Emmys though right? Wasn’t it out in June?

Yes, he does qualify still.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Feels a bit like deja-vu considering Don Cheadle got dropped by the voters for the last season of House of Lies (which was also cancelled) and was competing in a competitive field.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Damn. I know it’s like pulling a 0.1 demo (and likely not doing well on streaming) but to end on a cliffhanger. Damn.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

TVLine news about the new casting of Only Murders in the Building: “Shirley MacLaine will be guest-starring in Season 2 of the Hulu hit as a former resident of the Arconia who possesses information critical to the investigation, while Amy Schumer (whose casting Martin Short also let slip) will be playing… herself.” Source: https://tvline.com/2022/01/19/la-brea-season-2-spoilers-murder-mystery/

I loved season 1 and am looking forward to season 2 but I have to say some of these casting choices feel so uninspired. I don’t mind Shirley MacLaine and Amy Schumer but Cara Delevigne has given two of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Cara Delevigne has given two of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

I have literal nightmares about her performance in Suicide Squad.

FYC:

"Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I don’t mind Shirley MacLaine and Amy Schumer but Cara Delevigne has given two of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

MacLaine is obviously… well MacLaine and Schumer is a far actress than she is a comic (she’s spectacular in The Humans).

but Cara Delevigne has given two of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

The way I’m struggling to narrow down which two ☠️☠️

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

(she’s spectacular in The Humans).

This film was robbed of a SAG ensemble nomination this year. Feldstein, Houdyshell, Jenkins, Schumer and Yeun were all fantastic.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

“Only Murders in the Building: “The Boy From 6B” is nominated at the 69th annual Golden Reel Awards.
    A Golden Reel Award is recognized as one of the most prized accolades in the sound editing world.”

This episode deserves everything!

Comedic episode of the year easily.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.