Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 502 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Yes: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primetime_Emmy_Award_for_Outstanding_Main_Title_Design

Then wins Peacemaker the Award this year!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think if it randomly pops up it’ll be for either Viola Davis in guest actress or a Directing nom for James Gunn.

True Davis is an easy guest nom.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

True Davis is an easy guest nom.

of 10-30 seconds

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

of 10-30 seconds

Rumor is that she appears (in person) during one of the upcoming episodes.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    The Great
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Severance
    The Batman

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Rumor is that she appears (in person) during one of the upcoming episodes.

Yeah, that seems very likely because she’s referenced a lot.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Viola Davis was one of the only good things about The Suicide Squad, if she brings that same emotion to Peacemaker (will never watch so I don’t know), she could easily get into Comedy Guest Actress

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Hulu’s show Life & Beth starring Amy Schumer, Michael Cera premieres on March 18.

FYC: "This Is Us", "The Good Fight", "Severance" & "Sex Education" in all categories.

Juliette Lewis ("Yellowjackets "), Mandy Moore ("This Is Us"), Kavyan Novak ("What We Do In The Shadows "), Edie Falco ("Impeachment: American Crime Story"), Drew Tarver & Heléne Yorke ("The Other Two")

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

If Hawkeye in Comedy is deserved Vincent D’nofrio an nomination in Guest Actor. WHAT AN PERFORMANCE…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hulu’s show Life & Beth

(*insert not another one gif*)

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Who’s going to be the Emily in Paris/Cobra Kai of this year? The show that gets in unexpectedly. I could see Hawkeye getting that slot if it’s sent to Comedy, maybe Abbott Elementary. Haven’t watched Abbott Elementary yet but it’s gotten great ratings so maybe.

I wouldn’t really say Emily and Cobra were unexpected. The former was contemplated prior to destroying the HFPA whilst the payee was actively campaigned and predicted, it was just a matter of if the industry would responded.

In recent years, I’d argue the only genuine “how the f**k did that happen” Series nom was The Mandalorian S1.

Back to the original question, Abbott is a great call, also maybe Ghosts (CBS) and Peacemaker. And if Netflix decides to move to Primetime instead of International, Call My Agent. It was an absolute dead field but the fact it was able to get into CSA is telling that at least someone in the industry likes it.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I have seen two episodes of Abbott Elementary and I would love to see the show nominated for Comedy Series and Sheryl Lee Ralph nominated for Supporting Actress. I did not realize that Tyler James Williams is in this show and he was from Everybody Hates Chris.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

In recent years, I’d argue the only genuine “how the f**k did that happen” Series nom was The Mandalorian S1.

I would also say Aidy Bryant getting nominated for Shrill was fairly unexpected. It wasn’t undeserved as she’s great in it but it really wasn’t on anyone’s radar.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If you could choose 5 performers to receive Emmy nominations for the first time, who would they be?

Mine:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Atlanta season 3 is premiering at SXSW.

Atlanta
    Director: Hiro Murai, Producers: Donald Glover, Stephen Glover, Hiro Murai, Stefani Robinson, Paul Simms and Dianne McGunigle
    Taking place almost entirely in Europe, Season 3 of FX’s Atlanta finds Earn, Alfred ‘Paper Boi,’ Darius and Van in the midst of a successful European tour, as the group navigates their new surroundings as outsiders, and struggle to adjust to the newfound success they had aspired to. Cast List: Donald Glover, Brian Tyree Henry, LaKeith Stanfield, Zazie Beetz (World Premiere) (Closing Night)

FYC:

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

If you could choose 5 performers to receive Emmy nominations for the first time, who would they be?

1. Kayvan Novak, What We Do in the Shadows
    2. Natasia Demetriou, What We Do in the Shadows
    3. John Early, Search Party
    4. Elle Fanning, The Great
    5. Janelle James, Abbott Elementary (I know Sheryl Lee Ralph is everyone’s favorite, but I literally start crackling up every single time I remember James’ scenes)

Fanning is the only one with a shot at making it this time and I’m not even that confident in that happening anymore. They’re all amazing and I hope they get their deserved recognition someday.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.