Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 7)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 501 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
JV
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 7 is now open.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Give this woman an Emmy for her incredible range.

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Prime Video will be releasing new episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel weekly.

Source

FYC: Succession, Severance, Hacks & The White Lotus for the win!

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

FYC for the cuspers

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Trailer of Shining Vale (Starz). Starring Courteney Cox, Greg Kinnear, Sherilyn Fenn, Gus Birney, Dylan Gage, Mira Sorvino, Merrin Dungey and Judith Light. Premiere on March 6: https://youtube.com/watch?v=9sbecEEZTEw

This seems like a mesh of the first and last season of American Horror Story.

Profile picture
    Soccer Mom
    Topics:

Yes, please!
    I love the Ted Lasso women, but this year I will be rooting for Pat Dubek! She needs to win for the S2 finale!

Give this woman an Emmy for her incredible range.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

She-Hulk will likely air in the second half of the year. Disney+ usually airs one live-action series for time, and there will be no time with Moon Knight (March 30) and Obi-Wan (May 25).

Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Irvin Malcolm Contreras
    Topics:

Is anyone else watching Murderville? Will it be submitting as a Comedy Series or a Variety Sketch Series? Either way, Will Arnett can submit in the Lead Actor in a Comedy category, right?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Is anyone else watching Murderville? Will it be submitting as a Comedy Series or a Variety Sketch Series? Either way, Will Arnett can submit in the Lead Actor in a Comedy category, right?

Me!

I would think Variety Sketch. The category is barren (clearly they won’t beat SNL, but they could definitely get nominated for that or I Think You Should Leave) and it’s been well-enough received (it also seems a very sustainable concept)

SNL cast usually submit in supporting, but I’m not sure if that’s strategic or a rule. The weekly partners should be able to all submit in guest. If there’s no rule, they should probably go for lead, he won’t be competing against the SNL guys and Netflix have struggled to get a male lead in outside of Kominsky.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Variety sketch performers are eligible in the comedy acting categories (Ullman was on the ballot for her HBO show, Robin Thede was for A Black Lady Sketch Show) so Arnett and the guest performers on Murderville should be.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Writing feels more competitive than usual this year. You’ve already got five incumbent Series nominees that landed multiple writing noms last attempt (Atlanta, Barry, Russian Doll, Ted Lasso, WWDITS); two more Series nominees that got in with only one submission (Hacks & TFA); Pen15 which has never missed; three first season WGA shows (Only Murders, Reservation Dogs, Wonder Years) and two second season shows that only got a Writing for S1 (girls5eva & The Great).

And that’s not even counting 2022 shows that could breakout or the possibility of Maisel pulling a Handmaid’s S4.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Billie Jean King being a fan of Maisel is the most random thing ever lol.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Call My Agent has been renamed “Ten Percent” for the American version and is a Spring release (via TCA Twitter)

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Call My Agent has been renamed “Ten Percent” for the American version and is a Spring release (via TCA Twitter)

In comedy??

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.