Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 7)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 501 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
JV
  • Profile picture
    Soccer Mom
    Topics:

I just realized Ariana DeBose is a supporting actress in Schmigadoon. I wonder if she wins the Oscar she becomes one of those actors then nominated for an Emmy with the buzz around them.

I thought supporting actor was a traffic jam of possible nominees but supporting actress may be just as competitive if not worse. Looking at the current top 17 on the prediction list I would say all have strong legitimate nomination potential.

Her music number in the classroom was my favorite in the entire show, so I would totally support a nomination. My favorite performance still is Molly Shannon in the S2 finale of The Other Two, but I think Ariana DeBose definitely deserves a nomination.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

NBCU have updated their FYC site and put banners on both Girls5Eva and Hacks saying “season 2 coming soon”. 

Looks like the latter is indeed making eligibility.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Tjuz
    Topics:

Russian Doll season 2 was spotlighted in Indiewire’s “shows to look out for” this Spring with this plot summary: (Full Article)

This article has so many mistakes in even just the little I’ve read. It’s kinda funny. Severance straddling the line between drama and comedy? 61st Street being a six-episode miniseries? The Staircase getting called The Suitcase at the top of its entry? Does IndieWire not have editors lol?

Profile picture
    ahmad769
    Topics:

Patricia Arquette is booked

Profile picture
    helv606
    Topics:

This article has so many mistakes in even just the little I’ve read. It’s kinda funny. Severance straddling the line between drama and comedy? 61st Street being a six-episode miniseries? The Staircase getting called The Suitcase at the top of its entry? Does IndieWire not have editors lol?

Speaking of 61st Street. I am intrigued with a series having two seasons to tell a story and than being done. AMC also did that with TWD: World Beyond but with World Beyond I question if that was always going to be the plan.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Speaking of 61st Street. I am intrigued with a series having two seasons to tell a story and than being done. AMC also did that with TWD: World Beyond but with World Beyond I question if that was always going to be the plan.

I’m pretty sure this is the case for Slow Horses and Bel-Air as well.

I don’t hate it – if that’s the right length, that’s the right length. I mean Fleabag correctly stopped at two in my opinion.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Saw the first episode of Shining Vale.

Not great but interesting, I’ll watch more.

Hope it will bring some awards attention for perennial overdue Courteney Cox and the always great Mira Sorvino.

Profile picture
    smarter person
    Topics:

Russian Doll 4/20

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:
    Tjuz
    Topics:

I finally finished the fifth season of Search Party today. While I think overall it’s a weaker season that especially really lets down the main supporting cast, the final two episodes take one last turn that was just incredible to watch. It’s completely ridiculous and Search Party at the most batshit insane its ever been. but what a pleasure it was to experience. They say that if you’re gonna nail any part of your movie/show it should be the ending and I think they definitely managed to do that here. Truly a full circle moment with the final shot of the season too that was just so clever. Definitely had me leaving with a more positive feeling towards the final season than I would’ve had otherwise.

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Alia Shawkat was crazy good in the final season of Search Party. It’s a shame not enough material was given for others to shine, particularly Meredith Hagner.

FYC: Succession, Severance, Hacks & The White Lotus for the win!

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Russian Doll 4/20

The first season almost felt like a miniseries in terms of how the plot concluded, so the fact that they can assure Netflix to have a new season is engrossing for me. To say I cannot wait is an understatement.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Atlanta season 3, Barry season 3, Julia and Russian Doll season 2 all being on air at the same time:

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    smarter person
    Topics:

Kind of surprised we still don’t have a Barry teaser yet, but I’m assuming HBO was waiting til Netflix said something about RD to finally drop something on the teaser side of things. Either way, CANNOT wait.

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Hope Lakeith Stansfield gets a nom this time around
    He was snubbed for “Teddy Perkins”

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.