Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 525 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
String Cheese..
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Ah thanks. Hm that seems like it favours whatever that is actually getting watched / big name fronted shows rather than a passionate voting niche.

It does. It’s not impossible to break that but it generally needs quite a concentrated or specific campaign (for instance, Pose was always pretty fringe)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Ah thanks. Hm that seems like it favours whatever that is actually getting watched / big name fronted shows rather than a passionate voting niche.

In such a tightly packed year, this is exactly why shows like What We Do in the Shadows and Reservation Dogs are incredibly vulnerable to things like The Flight Attendant and Cobra Kai.

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

My concern with OFMD is it hasn’t been renewed yet. I think I might wait and see if it is.

Worth mentioning Parrot measures torrenting and video views so it might just be something that isn’t translating quite as highly over to actual views on the platform. HBO’s torrents (I have seen this when I was subscribed) are incredibly high for instance

Yeah it’s getting a bit tense among fans – seeing a lot of campaigning efforts for a renewal but I don’t think those really work. I think it’s safe for a renewal (makes sense business wise for WB/ HBO to court Waititi as a talent), but maybe we won’t hear about it until the May 18th upfront.

It getting torrented that much seems very appropriate for a pirate show lol. Sky should have released it sooner; seeing lots of demand from UK folks. It’s doing very well in AU/NZ with a legit streamer (Binge) hosting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My concern with OFMD is it hasn’t been renewed yet. I think I might wait and see if it is.

HBO Max’s execs have been posting on Twitter week after week about how Our Flag Means Death, Julia and Minx have all been pulling in strong streaming numbers (which HBO’s Flixpatrol page for the year so far does seem to back up) so I’m guessing a renewal announcement for all three is probably imminent. They did after only just renew Winning Time last week and renewed Hacks two days before the finale aired.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

If Made for Love can be renewed I think OFMD will be safe.

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I think what’s holding back in Our Flag Means Death’s renewal is that they’re still figuring out Taika Waititi’s very busy schedule.

Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

I think what’s holding back in Our Flag Means Death’s renewal is that they’re still figuring out Taika Waititi’s very busy schedule.

Perhaps. Was thinking they may be asking for a bigger budget or to film in NZ instead of LA. Waititi has stated he’s very keen to do season 2 and has been openly pushing for it, but he did also state that he hopes to bring his tv shows to NZ.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

The words that come to mind as i have watched the first five episodes of Atlanta are “clever” and “Brilliant” If the industry is watching this then this might be the show that gets multiple directing and writing nominations. Depending on its buzz and how it performs come nomination morning, I think episode 4 may be win competitive for writing, its simply one of the best episodes of the year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What are the odd The Other Two actually breaks through in a few categories this year? It was a huge surprise to me after it got put on HBOMax.

Unlikely with this competition. In an ideal world it would be win competitive in series, actor, actress, s. actress and writing though.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

I couldn’t finish Our Flag Means Death, just really wasn’t for me. I realized I barely laughed at all during each of the first few episodes, and there’s just too much out there for me to finish a show I wasn’t enjoying. Started Minx instead and that’s more my speed.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

What are the odd The Other Two actually breaks through in a few categories this year? It was a huge surprise to me after it got put on HBOMax.

ugh it makes me sad to say it’s super unlikely. it’s just too competitive and it aired too early. Should be a major contender tho, it’s the best comedy airing on tv right now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hacks your time as the writing and directing for a comedy series champion is up!

FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Hacks your time as the writing and directing for a comedy series champion is up!

What is that..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What is that..

It doesn’t end there

FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It doesn’t end there

We need to get Michelle Dockery away from whatever this is..

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.