Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 525 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
String Cheese..
  • Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

If I recall correctly, season 1 had no buzz at all until it got a huge haul of Emmy nominations.

Season one had tons of buzz. There were no top ten lists then but i remember alot of people talking about it, so much that even I couldnt ignore it and decided to watch it.

Profile picture
    gardenia
    Topics:

hey y’all, been a fringe user on here for awhile now (mostly the TV threads) but haven’t been very active since last Emmy season bc of school/mental health reasons, however with my semester ending next week and the Emmy season ramping up I’m happy to say I am making my grand return lol. seems like comedy this year is already insanely packed, and now that I finally have some time on my hands to binge shows, I was wondering what y’all recommend that I watch first! I have already seen Maisel S4, Abbott, and Only Murders (loved all three) and am currently watching the Flight Attendant and Sex Education (not for awards reasons just bc I find it fun haha). I definitely want to catch Our Flag Means Death and it sounds like Barry is a must, but beyond that I was just wondering what the consensus “must watch” shows would be this year (especially the more niche ones with no awards chances!). thanks and looking forward to the season!

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I think you’d love We Are Lady Parts and The Other Two. Derry Girls is a must watch as well.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Second The Other Two. Atlanta has been great but divisive. Minx was really fun. Search Party is amazing.

Profile picture
    Tjuz
    Topics:

Aside from the ones already mentioned, I would add What We Do in the Shadows and The Great to your list. Both fantastic comedies. I highly recommend Why Women Kill as well if you’re okay with something that has no chance at awards nor is that beloved.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Aside from the ones already mentioned, I would add What We Do in the Shadows and The Great to your list. Both fantastic comedies. I highly recommend Why Women Kill as well if you’re okay with something that has no chance at awards nor is that beloved.

I second The Great and WWDITS (haven’t seen WWK)

btw I dunno if we’re barraging you gardenia lol but Reservation Dogs is a quick watch and terrific! If ur gonna watch OFMD and WWDITS, then RD is a must because it’s also by Taika Waititi

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, The Great, Reservation Dogs, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Pachinko, Severance, Yellowjackets

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

A bit of an oldie but nothing ever made me howl like Summer Heights High.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

I definitely want to catch Our Flag Means Death

Thanks for supporting it – it needs every stream it can get, because it sounds like it’s at a high risk of not getting renewed because of the Warner Bros Discovery merger and how many projects they are gutting in the past week. Honestly heartbroken if they don’t renew – its creator said he has made his peace if it doesn’t.

Profile picture
    gardenia
    Topics:

wow guys I really appreciate the responses! some of these were already on my list but I definitely have some great gems to add now. truly extending my warmest thanks xx

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Feeling REALLY shaky on these (a lot of this will hinge on what happens with Ted Lasso s3) but…

Series:
    Hacks

Actor:
    Jason Sudeikis

Actress:
    Jean Smart

Supporting Actor:
    Anthony Carrigan

Supporting Actress:
    Hannah Einbinder

Writing:
    Abbott Elementary

Directing:
    Hacks

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Abott Elementary for the win

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Caught up on Maisel and I hate the fact that Kirby isn’t guest eligible because he should be winning (for like the 3rd time..)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Abott Elementary for the win

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Of course people are cancelling Sudeikis over this, but I doubt he was even aware of the papers being handled. That’s how this stuff works.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Of course people are cancelling Sudeikis over this, but I doubt he was even aware of the papers being handled. That’s how this stuff works.

Presumably it means they hadn’t been able to locate her otherwise. Anyway using this to elevate another show is repulsive @Go Yeoh

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

She cheated on him. He was devastated. Those are facts.

Beyond that I am sure the situation is ridiculously complicated. But if Sudekis is the one who gets the backlash it says nothing more than the people supporting it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.