Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 525 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
String Cheese..
  • Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Of course people are cancelling Sudeikis over this, but I doubt he was even aware of the papers being handled. That’s how this stuff works.

As someone who spent over 35 years as a litigator I can tell you that on the one hand, clients are almost never consulted about the specifics of how legal papers will be served but on the other hand, if parties who have a legal dispute are on civil terms, it is very common for defense attorneys to agree to accept service of process on their clients’ behalf, precisely to avoid embarrassing situations like this one. This is particularly true where both prospective parties are celebrities in a child custody dispute— while they vigorously disagree as to custody issues, their attorneys usually try to work together to spare the children (and their adult clients) unwanted publicity.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Anyway using this to elevate another show is repulsive @Go Yeoh

Oh please! Get repulsed. They ain’t paying your bills

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Oh please! Get repulsed. They ain’t paying your bills

Why is this giving basic-sassy like Anthony in SATC.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Supporting Actress: Hannah Einbinder

My take is that the character of Ava is never going to win an Emmy (or even SAG for that matter), similar to the character of Siobhan Roy played by Sarah Snook on Succession.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

Just caught up with TFA and while the show is good, i was stunned by just how beautiful and hot everyone on that show is. It was literally one hot person after thr other gracing the screen. Whew!!!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Hannah Waddingham repeating is a no brainer in my opinion. People love her and people love her character. It’s Alex Borstein all over again.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

My take is that the character of Ava is never going to win an Emmy (or even SAG for that matter), similar to the character of Siobhan Roy played by Sarah Snook on Succession.

While this Ava is going to snatch it all

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I just finished Our Flag Means Death, and it’s quite good and definitely original, but something didn’t click, and it was also too long. A bit of a slog at the end. Not the best Kiwi comedy out there, but they do bat above average.

Also between the two “wacky 30-something woman solves mystery with her funny sidekick while bouncing around reality” shows, I’m enjoying The Flight Attendant far more than Russian Doll. They both look great and Russian Doll has the music and the costumes, but Cuoco and Mamet are more watchable overall and the plot is far more comedic. This Jew finds the Nazi story makes me not want to watch (also I cannot deal with the ridiculous amount of smoking in Russian Doll and the basically autobiographical nature of the story grates – another example of “you can only play yourself these days”).

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Julia is competing in Comedy, is it?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Julia is competing in Comedy, is it?

Yep.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

still feeling relatively good about elle.

hopefully she doesn’t join the company of 1 actress, lauren graham who scored tca + sag but never emmy.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

hopefully she doesn’t join the company of 1 actress, lauren graham who scored tca + sag but never emmy.

Lauren had what we know retrospectively was a decade+ bias against CW/WB  though. Elle doesn’t have that.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Interestingly enough, if you count HBO and HBO Max as separate, it’s highly possible all of our series nominees could be from different networks/services.

ABC: Abbott Elementary
    Amazon: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Apple: Ted Lasso
    FX: Atlanta
    HBO: Barry
    HBO Max: Hacks
    Hulu: Only Murders in the Building
    Netflix: Russian Doll

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

Yep.

I feel like Julia is the type of show that could just as easily get 0 nominations or could surprise us and get a ton. It seems to not really have ANY buzz (I’m watching it and loving it personally, it’s my new comfort tv show, but idk anyone else watching it) but neither did something like the kominsky method, and I feel like they could very easily play to a similar older audience.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.