Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

…………What is going on??? 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyway it’s going to be really interesting to see what gets in at PGA now because after Squid Game and Succession, I can really see anything get one of those three remaining spots.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Anyway it’s going to be really interesting to see what gets in at PGA now because after Squid Game and Succession, I can really see anything get one of those three remaining spots.

I think Yellowstone gets in here. For all the flaws of the show and the things people don’t like it seems quite apparent people consider it well produced.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way i was joking about Yellowstone a few days ago and now it’s really shaping up to be a contender, whew.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Pachinko stills. Don’t know if it will be drama or limited but looks quite good.

FYC:

"Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

She is coming

FYC:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

When Oscar winner Youn Yuh-jung wins her Emmy…

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She is coming

The other supporting actress gals are shaking…

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Do people think Loki has any chance given Guilds?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I have seen the fifth episode of this season of Ozark and I don’t care that she has 4 Emmys. She’s overdue one for playing Wendy Byrde…

FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Do people think Loki has any chance given Guilds?

It’s going to get a gazillon of tech categories. It could get in based in this below the line support, but the competition is too stiff for that.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

the chokehold that gif is going to have in these forums for the years to come … Alexa and Sydney Emmy when!

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Multi-Grammy Winning Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Honestly what these guild noms tell me is the drama race is pretty wide open outside of Succession being a clear lock.

I feel like this could be a 2017 with a lot of turnover all over again (probably not 5, but three new programs seems possible)

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I love when this forum goes crazy and starts flooding a random gif out of nowhere while throwing shades at shows. That Euphoria scene has become so much more iconic after going through those last pages.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At the end of the day to get nominated for or even win series, you need consensus as opposed to passion. Under this plurality voting system that’s different in the individual categories but no matter how much passion they have, every The Americans, Insecure, Pose etc is going to struggle if they miss nominations with the directors or writers in the academy with shows like Succession, The Crown, Ted Lasso etc being big awards juggernauts. Something like For All Mankind or Normal People could have all the passion in the world but will always find it a hurdle to break into a series lineup against shows with broader amounts of industry support like This is Us or Little Fires Everywhere.

Succession, Ozark and Squid Game are all locked. Both Killing Eve and Better Call Saul have had a broad enough amount of support to make it into competitive fields in the past so I’m inclined to put them next in line. After that things feel really wide open. Bridgerton still did really well last year even if it under-performed our predictions of it (it got 12 Emmy nominations and got into directing) although who knows without this format shake-up how season 2 will fare. The Morning Show got into WGA but missed DGA today and a lot of time will have passed since the season aired once we get to voting in June.

I think PGA will be key tomorrow. Yellowstone getting in there would be a promising sign of its chances as it would suggest its SAG nomination wasn’t due to circumstance but due to growing and widespread industry support for it. I’ll feel similarly if Yellowjackets gets in (I do feel more concerned that it missed DGA than I do with any other show though). I’ll probably predict Loki if it makes it in at PGA although I have to say in hindsight its SAG shut out would feel rather weird. Not that it deserved to get in there but it didn’t suffer from visibility issues as a show and it has an ensemble with some familiar faces to the industry and “showier” performances than usual Marvel fare.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.