Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Thiago
    Topics:

I hope all this award success make them put Snook in lead after she wins SAG, since Smith-Cameron vs Garner is the final sweep test. I mean, if the former wins, they should change the whole system the next morning.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I feel like Pachinko is going to be super acclaimed and Kogonada is among the directors.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I feel like Pachinko is going to be super acclaimed and Kogonada is among the directors.

I’m curious to see where it’s going to be placed (ie drama or limited)

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Tried to see if the succession thing had a recent precedent at the emmys.

1994:

4/5 Directing NYPD Blue

5/5 Writing NYPD Blue

And then…Picket Fences won anyway.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Tried to see if the succession thing had a recent precedent at the emmys.

1994:

4/5 Directing NYPD Blue

5/5 Writing NYPD Blue

And then…Picket Fences won anyway.

This showing makes Game of Thrones look like a small child.

That year (1994), NYPD Blue got
    17 nominations above the line (17!!) and 2 Guest Noms.

Outstanding Drama Series
    2 × Lead Actor
    2 × Supporting Actor
    3 × Supporting Actress
    1 × Guest Actor
    1 × Guest Actress
    4 × Directing
    5 × Writing

From Wikipedia:

NYPD Blue came into the ceremony with 19 major nominations. This broke Hill Street Blues record for most nominations by a drama or comedy series of 16 set in 1982, and put it in second place all time behind Roots which gained 21 major nominations in 1977. NYPD Blue set another milestone when it received every nomination for Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series, this marked only the ninth time that a show had received every nomination in a category. This feat has not been accomplished since.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I think it’s a bit early to confirm, but since the only reason why The Morning Show is still in the conversation because of the industry support, I’m starting to think that The Gilded Age will be stronger than it in Series if it comes down to the two of them. People are talking about it and most people actually loved the pilot, I’m seeing HBO advertising the show a lot and there are still nine more weeks to gain even more traction. I don’t think the 69 metascore will hold the show back.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

So I have seen the fifth episode of this season of Ozark and I don’t care that she has 4 Emmys. She’s overdue one for playing Wendy Byrde…

THE WAY SHE ATE

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Time Traveler’s Wife will premiere on May 22.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Time Traveler’s Wife will premiere on May 22.

HBO really want to get the most nominations this year lmao.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

HBO really want to get the most nominations this year lmao.

Doesn’t that force it to 2023?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Doesn’t that force it to 2023?

Hmm good point.

According to the TV academy’s rule book for this season:

Hanging episodes for series eligibility: If an ongoing series has enough episodes that have been nationally broadcast in the current eligibility year to qualify as a series and has hanging episodes or episodes deemed ineligible because their airdate falls after the end of the eligibility year (May 31, 2022), those episodes must be posted on an accessible platform by May 31 in order to gain eligibility for the current eligibility year and must meet all of the EMMY RULES AND PROCEDURES 5 Version 1 01.20.2022 following criteria: • Episodes must be posted within the current eligibility year (by May 31) • Episodes may be posted on a private online platform accessible only to Television Academy membership • Episodes must be the same in form and content as when they later appear in their regular time slots • The subsequent airing of the episodes must take place prior to the start of nominations-round voting (June 16)

It’s a six episode series so HBO could plausibly get all of the series on the TV academy members’ viewing platform before the eligibility cut off point but two of its episodes will be airing after nominations voting begins.

This decision probably falls on HBO rather than the TV academy.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s a six episode series so HBO could plausibly get all of the series on the TV academy members’ viewing platform before the eligibility cut off point but two of its episodes will be airing after nominations voting begins. This decision probably falls on HBO rather than the TV academy.

it probably does make it then (presuming it’s ready) because that seems like the sort of thing given their upcoming slate that gets buried if you change it to 2023

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

So: prediction

Yellowstone is pushing out either Better Call Saul or This Is Us.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think this Yellowstone visibility could help industry to catch up with the show and help it with some acting noms. Kevin Costner and Kelly Reilly especifically.

1- Succession
    2- Squid Game
    3- Ozark
    4- Killing Eve
    5- Better Call Saul
    6- Yellowstone
    7- Bridgerton
    8- The Morning Show

These are my predictions for now. Yellowjackets has the WGA streak going for it and it’s probably 9th

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yellowstone is getting nominated above the line. The PGA nomination shows it’s more than just a SAG thing and that the industry at large has been catching up on this show.

I don’t know how to treat Yellowjackets‘ miss with the finale having aired during voting. Perhaps it’s just a writing + acting contender or perhaps it just hasn’t peaked in support yet.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.