Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Squid Game yet, is it worth the hype? I don’t really see the appeal of people playing children’s games then getting murdered

Watch the pilot or the episode Gganbu. If you don’t like either of those, you almost certainly won’t like the series.

Despite it being a bit hit, it’s not quite for everyone.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Squid Game yet, is it worth the hype? I don’t really see the appeal of people playing children’s games then getting murdered

It’s underwhelming.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

It’s a good show, the cast is incredible and the production values are terrific. Gganbu is the best episode of the season and one of the best of the year, however the show is a little overrated, the amount of love it got gave me too much expectations and I felt a bit of a let down after finish it

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Finally finished all of Ozark.

Laura Linney and Sandra Oh will have to share the Emmy. So will Julia Garner and Sarah Snook. I can’t decide amongst the excellence, so they’ll have to tie. Also, Tom Pelphrey was severely robbed of a nomination.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Showtime are doing a virtual screening and Q&A of the Yellowjackets pilot with Variety on February 7th.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Obviously a moot point, but  I wonder which comedy/minis got more dga votes than the succession block and would have made a cross-genre nominee field.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

A question (just looking at upcoming releases)?

Is Severance the only upcoming series in this cycle we have absolute indisputable evidence will go to drama that’s been dated so far? (And is also on a streamer/network that has had a new series nominated in the last few years, say three?)

Almost everything else is “this was based on a single book etc  and we’re not absolutely sure whether it’s drama or limited although we may have a vague idea for S2″?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Does anyone know if Bridgerton being six episodes only (per IMDB) is correct? That’s close to half of S1’s 10, and generally pretty short for a Netflix drama (although it would make sense that their turnaround was relatively quick).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Squid Game yet, is it worth the hype?

It’s fine. Lee-Jung Jae was fantastic as were some of the actors in the ensemble and some episodes (like “Gganbu”) were quite fascinating but I’d probably give the show overall 7/8 out of 10. The finale wasn’t bad by any means, I just don’t think it compelled me enough for me to watch a second season.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Showtime are doing a virtual screening and Q&A of the Yellowjackets pilot with Variety on February 7th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/melanielynskey/status/1487259093765136385

Melanie Lynskey would give a great speech if she won. F*ck, I wish Yellowjackets was on Netflix/HBO. It would be a major contender.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I’m not prepared to say it isn’t a decent contender at this point. It missed guilds but it peaked after voting, and it’s the hippest a new ongoing drama season has been in recent memory. I still think it’s on the cusp for series and Lynskey is in at this stage

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m cautious about Yellowjackets in series after the PGA miss but I maintain that it really is giving me Killing Eve season 1 vibes in terms of the hype it has. I have it in writing right now and in actress for Lynskey. Even if we’re to assume all five of Aniston, Comer, Linney, Oh and Zendaya are locked in there’s still a wide open slot in that drama actress category and right now Lynskey feels like that Sandra Oh/Zendaya type of actors branch passion pick who has a lot of industry and internet buzz who slips in.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m cautious about Yellowjackets in series after the PGA miss but I maintain that it really is giving me Killing Eve season 1 vibes in terms of the hype it has. I have it in writing right now and in actress for Lynskey. Even if we’re to assume all five of Aniston, Comer, Linney, Oh and Zendaya are locked in there’s still a wide open slot in that drama actress category and right now Lynskey feels like that Sandra Oh/Zendaya type of actors branch passion pick who has a lot of industry and internet buzz who slips in.

I mean there is Reese as well.

I think that seems reasonable. Would also point out that at the end of the day both Yellowjackets and Yellowstone are ultimately sitting under the same umbrella (ViacomCBS) and it would make sense for them to prioritise the latter for program at this stage.

Yellowjackets is only in S1 and is a show that ultimately could displace Killing Eve next season and so I suspect the priority would be to get it in somewhere but not throw everything at a campaign to get everyone in.

Yellowstone on the other hand really needs to get in this year to cement itself – it’s  Season 4.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ll preface this by saying that it’s not anything I’m close to predicting at this stage but I’m 5 episodes into the first season of Yellowstone and if the actors branch in the television academy are catching up on this show like SAG have, I can kind of see Kelly Reilly competing for the same type of voters as Julia Garner and Sarah Snook are. She obviously won’t win the Emmy because even if she does get nominated it’s unlikely she’ll have time to build enough momentum to win but the character is almost like an amalgamation of Shiv and Ruth so I can see there being a crossover in appeal and voter base.

It’s not something that I think will be a big issue in that category because Garner and Snook both feel so far ahead of the rest of their competition right now and there doesn’t feel like a strong alternative contender with their own separate voter base in that category but if someone with a completely separate voter base like Shaw or Baranski (or Ho-Yeon) end up figuring into this race and Reilly does get nominated… I can see it becoming an issue.

FYC:

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

I’m not prepared to say it isn’t a decent contender at this point. It missed guilds but it peaked after voting, and it’s the hippest a new ongoing drama season has been in recent memory. I still think it’s on the cusp for series and Lynskey is in at this stage

idk if there’s any metric to measure hipness

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.