Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She’s isn’t particularly likeable nor baity.

Yeah but her performance (and Lynskey as a performer herself) has received a lot of passion over the course of the season.

I agree Juliette Lewis is being under-estimated for a nomination for pretty much the exact reasons you’ve stated but Lynskey is the one who is getting the biggest industry/critical notices on this show.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Just watched 3 episodes of Yellowjackets so far and I’m doubting a Melanie Lynskey nomination. She’s isn’t particularly likeable nor baity. Of course that could change during the season but my intuition at the moment is that the year is too competitive for a character/performance like this to happen. Juliette Lewis is baitier, a bigger name, as lead as Lynskey and a previous Emmy nominee. If she’s submitted lead too I would predict her to happen before Melanie.

I actually think the big problem with Yellowjackets is I’m not sure there’s enough agreement on who the favourite is.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I have a question though I’m pretty sure I know the answer. Do you think Bateman would ever be dropped for Ozark? It seems a fairly popular opinion he has taken a massive backseat this season. That might change, of course, with the last seven episodes

(My suspicion is even if Bateman never wins they don’t drop him. Sterling K Brown seems more conceivable).

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Bateman is not getting dropped. He was the first to ever be nominated for the show and won back-to-back SAG Awards, for seasons in which Garner and Linney were the agreed upon MVPs. This show is still in many ways considered his baby and actors love him. I don’t think his material matters at all when it concerns the nomination.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Bateman is not getting dropped. He was the first to ever be nominated for the show and won back-to-back SAG Awards, for seasons in which Garner and Linney were the agreed upon MVPs. This show is still in many ways considered his baby and actors love him. I don’t think his material matters at all when it concerns the nomination.

Yeah, that was largely my logic, I just wanted to clear any thought of it out of my head. Bateman and Ozark seem too linked to be separated.

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

I don’t follow the television awards like I do film, but after watching season 3 of Succession it was cool to see four actors from the series nominated at SAG. Tough decision, but I would probably choose Brian Cox for the win – his Logan is electric and played to perfection. f*ck off. Culkin and Strong would also be solid winners. And Snook in the female category. Unfortunately, I don’t see any of the actors winning for an individual performance so I’m hoping they somehow get the Ensemble Actor. However, that award will probably go to the cast of Squid Game or The Handmaid’s Tale. Surely, Yellowstone won’t sneak in the win.

Life is a thin thread.
    We hang on tightly knowing
    it will snap one day.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Actor. However, that award will probably go to the cast of Squid Game or The Handmaid’s Tale. Surely, Yellowstone won’t sneak in the wi

I think if Yellowstone were to win  what it probably tells us something about the demographics of the voters in SAG.

It’s relatively easy to draw a conclusion from some of their historical choices (and exclusions) that their voting body is probably a bit older than Emmy voters, but Yellowstone would probably also tell us the geography of that group skews outside of LA and NYC quite a bit, which actually would make sense with certain choices they’ve made over the years.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Julia Garner joining Aaron Paul seems likely.

Profile picture
    boolbameroon
    Topics:

After that finale plus part 2 maybe coming out during voting period, I don’t see how Julia Garner isn’t repeating.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Julia Garner joining Aaron Paul seems likely.

Both underserved

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Both underserved

Stay mad hun!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Stay mad hun!

3 wins is overkill hun, i need Snook to win her first.

FYC:

"Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

3 wins is overkill hun, i need Snook to win her first.

I agree that she didn’t need to win in 2020 (I would’ve given it to Snook) but she would actually be deserving this year.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I agree that she didn’t need to win in 2020 (I would’ve given it to Snook) but she would actually be deserving this year.

Let’s have her winning for Inventing Anna and Snook for Supporting and we’re all happy.

FYC:

Profile picture
    samy.chrr
    Topics:

The way it’s highly possible all the winners of 2020 in the Drama categories repeat… Succession is the frontrunner in Series, Writing and Directing and Strong, Zendaya and Garner have all been praised for the new seasons of their shows. The only one who’s on a shakier ground is Crudup because of Culkin, but he has a chance of winning if the latter splits votes with Macfadyen and Braun (and even Ruck as the acting branch loves Succession).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.