Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m sorry I love Laura Linney, but you guys have literally made the argument that she’s the definitive favorite to win every time she’s been nominated. Why is this time any different?  

Can’t the same literally be said about Sandra Oh? 💀 they clearly don’t like her and y’all continue to say that she has it in the bag every season because she has a overdue narrative but that couldn’t even stop her own costar from winning over her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think this is a limited series. It’s being described as a “six episodes drama” and it’s based on a book. I tried to make a thread, but something went wrong.

Six additional episodes are coming.

Under the old rules it would be able to get away with competing in limited (like Luther and Sherlock did) but because it isn’t an anthology and is returning with Oldman for an adaptation of another story (it’s based on a book series), I think it has no option but to compete in drama.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Six additional episodes are coming. Under the old rules it would be able to get away with competing in limited (like Luther and Sherlock did) but because it isn’t an anthology and is returning with Oldman for an adaptation of another story (it’s based on a book series), I think it has no option but to compete in drama.

That was the situation of The Spanish Princess. They initially released an 8-episode season, being eligible as a Limited Series. One year later, Starz ordered and releases eight more episodes stating that it was “the second half of the first season”, not a second season. Even so, this “second half” ended up being forced to run for an Emmy as a Drama.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Apple risk having too many contenders without the natural audience to support them I think (maybe more so in limited)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s crazy how many drama series contenders we now have on our hands.

– Better Call Saul
    – Bridgerton
    – The Gilded Age
    – Julia
    – Killing Eve
    – Loki
    – The Morning Show
    – Ozark
    – Pachinko
    – Severance
    – The Shining Girls
    – Slow Horses
    – Squid Game
    – Succession
    – Winning Time
    – Yellowjackets
    – Yellowstone

Throw in This is Us, Euphoria and Lupin if you want and you have 17 to 20 viable contenders.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Brain Cox is a fan of Ozark

“Great admiration for Bateman”
    “Linney is one of America’s greatest working actors”
    And sings all of Garner’s praises once he remembers her name

(He also loved Station Eleven and The Shrink Next Door)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

(He also loved Station Eleven)

Legend!

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.