Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Y’all talking about Julia Garner winning again, but the thought of Billy Crudup repeating and beating Culkin, Macfadyen and O Yeong Su is even more terryfing for me

I don’t hate the show, but come on.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It’s just that this Garner performance has literally won twice now. Incredible performances like Snook’s will be consistently under-awarded with this tendency.

I get that. But most of this forum defends JLD winning 6 times over as deserving competition so it’s funny to see the idea of Julia winning again treated as a tragedy here.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I get that. But most of this forum defends JLD winning 6 times over as deserving competition so it’s funny to see the idea of Julia winning again treated as a tragedy here.

I don’t personally think anyone needs to win repeatedly, especially in supporting.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

But I don’t necessarily think this is a performance or character that historically needs to be rewarded three times and I’m not necessarily sure voters will think that either. If Garner won three times she’d be the first actress (lead or supporting) in drama post 2000 to do that and I don’t know that Ruth is necessarily a character with that level of cultural impact.

I mean, I don’t think voters cared and thought “well it’s not the same category so it’s okay” when they voted Janney a winner for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times for West Wing. Or when they voted Smith a winner for the 2nd and 3rd times for Downton Abbey.

Garner also already has more Sag noms than Aaron Paul. As many individual Sag noms as Doris Roberts.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean, I don’t think voters cared and thought “well it’s not the same category so it’s okay” when they voted Janney a winner for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times for West Wing. Or when they voted Smith a winner for the 2nd and 3rd times for Downton Abbey.

Different voting systems.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s a travesty that JLD won 6 times!!!!!

She should’ve won all 7!

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

That’s the reason why the maximum number of times a performer can win for a particular character should be twice. Allows mutiple deserving candidates to also get their chance in the sun.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know if it’s already been posted here but here’s the teaser for The Man Who Fell to Earth with Naomie Harris and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

It says it’s coming this Spring so probably making eligibility.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

So the supporting actress that insider said he knew was going to win S. Actress was just a Julia Garner repeat all along? He could’ve just said that…

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don’t know if it’s already been posted here but here’s the teaser for The Man Who Fell to Earth with Naomie Harris and Chiwetel Ejiofor. It says it’s coming this Spring so probably making eligibility.

WTF is wrong with Showtime not sharing this on their social media when it dropped concurrent with the Yellowjackets finale weekend? That’s social media 101. You have two Oscar nominated leads in this.

Edit: It was on other stuff but not their active Twitter. IDK.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hope it’s a strong vehicle for Harris and Ejiofor. Whilst both have remained working actors since they became Oscar nominated (both of them should have also won their respective Oscar categories but that’s a conversation for another day) I’ve always felt that they haven’t really landed a project like Moonlight or 12 Years a Slave that has matched the quality behind each of their performances.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I hope it’s a strong vehicle for Harris and Ejiofor. Whilst both have remained working actors since they became Oscar nominated (both of them should have won their respective Oscar categories but that’s another conversation) I’ve always felt that they haven’t really landed a project like Moonlight or 12 Years a Slave that has matched the quality behind each of their performances.

I like them both. Hopefully this is good. Why do we think they moved this from Paramount+ to Showtime? Because the latter is more likely to be awards-y maybe?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I like them both. Hopefully this is good. Why do we think they moved this from Paramount+ to Showtime? Because the latter is more likely to be awards-y maybe?

Maybe because of budget? It’s an interesting move considering how most things seem to be moving to the streamers of their parent companies rather than the other way round nowadays.

FYC:

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

I would be a bit surprised if an alien show from The Mummy’s director did that well. But it’s based on the same author whose work about chess of all things won a ton of awards so.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I would be a bit surprised if an alien show from The Mummy’s director did that well. But it’s based on the same author whose work about chess of all things won a ton of awards so.

I wouldn’t have thought a lot of shows that end up showing up were going to happen I try to keep an open mind.

The trailer is a bit buried but they were the same with Yellowjackets

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.