Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

change this thread name to Supporting Actress in a Drama Series discussion lmaooo

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

the best performance is the best performance, I would love if Snook got her first Emmy, but not rewarding Garner just because shes won before is bullshit.

Sorry if you didn’t mean it like this, but the way this post is phrased implies that we’re suggesting Snook deserves to win merely because she hasn’t won before and that her main competition already has. No – we genuinely think Snook gives the better performance.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jennifer Coolidge seeing this supporting actress discussion after The White Lotus is moved to drama:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah like is anyone on here even watching it ? ..

I would watch This Is Us if one of the 9434343 streaming services in Australia had actually bothered to buy the non-delayed rights.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Lisa Emery > Garner for most of the season. The finale was her Garner’s moment, and she did it well but I do feel people tend to fawn over her. Emery deserves an Emmy for her impeccable delivery of ‘I even went to the drug to find a card- no such card exists’ alone.

Emery is going to be guest eligible so they don’t need to compete.

Profile picture
    beanie
    Topics:

Sorry if you didn’t mean it like this, but the way this post is phrased implies that we’re suggesting Snook deserves to win merely because she hasn’t won before and that her main competition already has. No – we genuinely think Snook gives the better performance.

I think they were trying to say that Garner isn’t less deserving of a win just because she’s won before.

Profile picture
    Kubrick
    Topics:

I want Snook to go Lead. I think she could win.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If Snook goes lead Garner needs to go co-lead though.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Coster-Waldau voting for MacFadyen in all categories

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

And then she has to face Linney, Oh, Zendaya, Lynskey, Baranski, potentially Moore, etc. I know it’s fraud, but I think Snook stands the best chance of winning in supporting.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Coster-Waldau voting for MacFadyen in all categories image

Well he does know a little something about being the underrated (and more deserving) supporting actor on his show 

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

And then she has to face Linney, Oh, Zendaya, Lynskey, Baranski, potentially Moore, etc. I know it’s fraud, but I think Snook stands the best chance of winning in supporting.

None of these names leap out to me as being stronger than Garner though. I do see the logic of moving Snook up to lead in the sense that it’s potentially a more open category, and some could argue that her SAG nomination (and potential win) in a field often favouring outright lead performances demonstrates her viability as a lead. HBO have also tinkered with her category placements mid-season before, submitting her in supporting for S2 after she received a lead nomination at Critics Choice. I can’t see HBO putting her up against Zendaya/Lancashire/whoever they submit as lead for The Gilded Age, but if The White Lotus has to move to drama, she’d be up against another big HBO acting play in Coolidge. There are several interesting dynamics for their awards strategists to consider.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings, Stranger Things), Tommy Dewey (Pivoting), Oscar-nominee Paul Raci (Sound of Metal) and Jen Tullock (Severance) in the cast of Perry Mason Season 2.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I know it’s fraud, but I think Snook stands the best chance of winning in supporting.

I think whether things are fraud is perspective though. I could easily make an argument for the whole Yellowjackets cast to run in supporting, and Garner in lead this season. I don’t know that Snook is particularly egregious.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I think whether things are fraud is perspective though. I could easily make an argument for the whole Yellowjackets cast to run in supporting, and Garner in lead this season. I don’t know that Snook is particularly egregious.

I can agree to this. I’ve seen points arguing that Snook could be supporting, since it was really Logan vs. Kendall this season with everyone else as supporting players in the conflict somehow.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.