Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 522 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Severance is the best show of the year and should be nominated across the board. Ben Stiller might just be a genius.

The finale is the best episode of TV I’ll see this year and it’s only April. It’s that good. And I’m a Succession stan.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

The Severance finale, wow!!!!.Give all of them everything!

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Pachinko and Severence both would be more whorthy nominees than The Morning Show, but criticism about The Morning Show season 2 has been really excessive…. most of castmembers would be deserving nominees (Aniston, Witherspoon, Crudup, Pittman, Margulies … not that sold on Carell and Duplass)..

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

The Morning Show S2 was ham and cheese on toast compared to Severance, in every single way

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

criticism about The Morning Show season 2 has been really excessive…. most of castmembers would be deserving nominees (Aniston, Witherspoon, Crudup, Pittman, Margulies … not that sold on Carell and Duplass)..

Yes and then to prove your point:

The Morning Show S2 was ham and cheese on toast compared to Severance, in every single way

For the most part, both things can be true – Severance can be a better series than TMS, and the TMS acting performances can be stellar and award-deserving, especially, as you say, Aniston, Witherspoon, Crudup, Pittman, Margulies. MVP of the season is Witherspoon IMO and I will die on this hill.

But Pachinko and Severance are both marvelous. Apple TV+ killing it, I don’t envy having to make choices in who to promote. Can’t they promote everyone? Is it really true that networks have to choose just one or two to push?

Edited to add: a friend of mine who is getting an MFA in acting at a school in NYC (not NYU) told me that last week her prof had the class watch a scene between Reese Witherspoon and Julianna Margulies (from episode 6) to talk about the craft of reacting to the other actor during dialogue. just saying.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Severance is the best show of the year and should be nominated across the board. Ben Stiller might just be a genius.

The finale is the best episode of TV I’ll see this year and it’s only April. It’s that good. And I’m a Succession stan.

Dan Erickson deserves a lot of the credit. This was his idea and vision. Ben Stiller has this fingerprints all over it and how it looks but Dan Erickson is the creator and he wrote that finale. Dude was driving for DoorDash when he got the call the series was being picked up too. Such a great story.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

But Pachinko and Severance are both marvelous. Apple TV+ killing it, I don’t envy having to make choices in who to promote. Can’t they promote everyone? Is it really true that networks have to choose just one or two to push?

It’s just strategy. Ultimately they can submit everyone or be incredibly selective so they don’t undercut themselves. There’s also the fact that some people are far more suited to campaigning than others and in a year like this one that matters.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Along with Britt Lower the prediction center needs to add Tramell Tillman and Zach Cherry to supporting actor.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

HBO starting Zendaya campaign.

What a weird way to campaign, with Barbie Ferreira but no Sydney Sweeney

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

All four “Yellowjackets” adult actresses are going Lead, the teenage actresses Supporting: https://t.co/I8QS0ZpLiN

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

All four “Yellowjackets” adult actresses are going Lead, the teenage actresses Supporting: https://t.co/I8QS0ZpLiN

I find this to be so much like self sabotage. Being of Showtime is a big problem in itself and with Ricci and Lynskey both going Lead, I don’t know if either or both or none get in. I don’t understand why they’d take a decision like this.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

This has to be the worst submission strategy I’ve seen in like…forever. Ricci was done so dirty. Cypress too. 💀☠️😭

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

What’s their reason for doing so ? I agree that they’re all lead characters, but Ella Purnell pretty much plays a Lead character as well. Why isn’t she going Lead ? Lol

It’s a stupid campaign decision. This kind of thing is why I’m not predicting Yellowjackets in Drama Series. Ricci could’ve easily gotten a Supporting nom if the Academy went all in on the show.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I mean Lynskey still has a shot but Ricci is down the barrell imo.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

They just sacrificed an acting nom or two at the altar of weird campaigning.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.