Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 14)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 526 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Manav
  • Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

The Killing Eve finale ranks as the 15th worst episode of television ever made according to IMDB. Wondering how much lower it’s gonna get

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hulu is eagerly watching what’s happening here with Killing Eve and planning their next true crime limited series.

Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

Hulu is eagerly watching what’s happening here with Killing Eve and planning their next true crime limited series.

“The Arrest of Laura Neal”

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

To be fair so far that’s:

752 people who voted ke’s finale a 1/10

vs.

110,815 people who voted got’s finale a 1/10.

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

The score next week:

Good. Tired of seeing most queer characters getting killed when they are within touching distance of happiness.

Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

Remember when the score was 6.0 yesterday and we thought THAT was bad? 😬🤡

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Good. Tired of seeing most queer characters getting killed when they are within touching distance of happiness.

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

The score next week:

Can it go lower than zero? Just found out that Kayleigh Llewellyn, the only gay writer in the room, opposed this ending and thought it was a bad idea. Talk about not listening to the voice that actually mattered.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Just found out that Kayleigh Llewellyn, the only gay writer in the room, opposed this ending and thought it was a bad idea. Talk about not listening to the voice that actually mattered.

Wow – source for this?

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Talk about not listening to the voice that actually mattered.

As a queer creative I so so disagree with this. And especially for Killing Eve. So many fans for years have overdone the show’s queer narrative far more than it ever actually existed. This is understandable given how much we are starved of stories about queer women so ascribing them to anything and everything possible makes sense. Killing Eve was a story of mutual obsession. To have made it about queer love in my view would have been incredibly dangerous and very very toxic as all the horrific things that both of them do would be inevitably tied to queerness. I’m not a fan of the ending either. But that’s nothing to do with it not being written by a queer person given that I find it regressive to suggest that queerness is what the show is overly about.

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

As a queer creative I so so disagree with this. And especially for Killing Eve. So many fans for years have overdone the show’s queer narrative far more than it ever actually existed. This is understandable given how much we are starved of stories about queer women so ascribing them to anything and everything possible makes sense. Killing Eve was a story of mutual obsession. To have made it about queer love in my view would have been incredibly dangerous and very very toxic as all the horrific things that both of them do would be inevitably tied to queerness. I’m not a fan of the ending either. But that’s nothing to do with it not being written by a queer person given that I find it regressive to suggest that queerness is what the show is overly about.

I think almost always killing your gay characters is even more dangerous for queer kids because they might grow up scared of being happy and believing they don’t deserve it. As for Eve and Villanelle, I feel like you’re reducing their complicated and dark relationship to just obsession. They understand and complete each other. They can’t function without each other. The show has always been about them reveling into their messy and weird relationship. Not everything has to be black and white and follow the moral path.

Profile picture
    nat1612
    Topics:

Trailer for Stranger Things drops at 7am PST tomorrow

Profile picture
    rollins
    Topics:

Was this the show that was meant to be a threat to Laura Linney’s emmy? Couldn’t even make it to the hurdle. One down. Get ready for the masterclass on April 29.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix submitting Winona Ryder in lead again is just stupid because with the wide open state of the supporting actress race right now, if Stranger Things does end up rebounding à la The Handmaid’s Tale she could have had a shot at getting in whilst I don’t know if she would even be in the top 10 in lead.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/severance-apple-tv-emmys-patricia-arquette-britt-lower-christopher-walken-1235229995/

Britt Lower is going Lead, Patricia Arquette is going Supporting.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.