Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 14)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 526 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Manav
  • Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I would put the performances of Adam Scott, Britt Lower, and John Turturro at least above her

This is where I see see them. I think Tramell Tillman might be deserving of being ahead of Arquette as well. Which isn’t to say she isn’t great but these four in particular are doing career defining work.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Stranger Things:

• Series
    • Supporting Actor: Harbour
    • Supporting Actress: Brown
    • Directing
    • Writing
    • Sound Editing
    • Sound Mixing
    • VFX
    • Cinematography
    • Costumes
    • Makeup
    • Hairstyling
    • Production Design
    • Music Supervision
    • Picture Editing

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Multi-Grammy Winning Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - This Is Us
    - Stranger Things
    - Reservation Dogs

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion: John Turturro was simply good in Severance and is being overrated, whereas Patricia Arquette was terrific and is being underrated

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, The Great, Reservation Dogs, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Pachinko, Severance, Yellowjackets

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion: John Turturro was simply good in Severance and is being overrated, whereas Patricia Arquette was terrific and is being underrated

100 percent agreed. I dunno why people here are hating on Patricia’s performance so much she fantastic in this. John only has one good episode which is episode 7. Tramell Tillman is way better than John

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

I really hope euphoria does not get into the drama series. Season 2 was god awful and didn’t really had any plot. Zendaya and the cinematography should be the show’s only nominations

Profile picture
    Brazzy
    Topics:

Turturro’s wordless tour de force in the season finale is much better than Arquette’s overacting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Both were excellent.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

smugmf

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

A random and unrelated observation but it’s interesting how much the bad buzz for Killing Eve‘s series finale has boosted its streaming ratings. Flixpatrol doesn’t record AMC+’s numbers but the show is the highest it’s been in a very long while in rentals on Amazon and iTunes.

AMC/BBC Studios won whilst the rest of us and creativity lost…

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think the entire Squid Game Emmy FYC listed on Netflix’s website will get nominated. (Maybe not Anupam Tripathi). I think Squid Game is going to explode with the Actors Branch and is going to be the most nominated Television Show at this year’s Emmys

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    LEE JUNG-JAE AS SEONG GI-HUN

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    JUNG HO-YEON AS KANG SAE-BYEOK
    KIM JOO-RYOUNG AS HAN MI-NYEO

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    PARK HAE-SOO AS CHO SANG-WOO
    OH YOUNG-SOO AS OH IL-NAM
    ANUPAM TRIPATHI AS ALI

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    LEE YOO-MI AS JI-YEONG

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
    HWANG DONG-HYUK

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
    HWANG DONG-HYUK

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Interesting. I actually think Kim Joo-ryung is an easy miss here (à la Erin Doherty, Phil Dunster, Leroy McClain etc) because she hasn’t broken out much as a star (or been very active on the circuit) like Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Jung-jae and Park Hae-Soo have and her character doesn’t have the same staying power upon viewing that Anumpam Tripathi’s and Oh Yeong-soo’s have.

Would be more than happy to be wrong though because she’d be easily top 5 in this category for me in terms of my own personal ranking of the eligible performances.

FYC:

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

it’s sad how the buzz for pachinko crash and burned

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Interesting. I actually think Kim Joo-ryung is an easy miss here (à la Erin Doherty, Phil Dunster, Leroy McClain etc) because she hasn’t broken out much as a star (or been very active on the circuit) like Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Jung-jae and Park Hae-Soo have and her character doesn’t have the same staying power upon viewing that Anumpam Tripathi’s and Oh Yeong-soo’s have.

I can see them maxing out at about three. Most first season shows don’t go beyond that and where they do it’s because they’re familiar names.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I really hope euphoria does not get into the drama series. Season 2 was god awful and didn’t really had any plot. Zendaya and the cinematography should be the show’s only nominations

I don’t think it’ll add that to nom total tbh. The three it’s gotten for last years special seem safe (Cinematography, Costumes & Makeup), it’ll likely do well in the music categories again like S1 (Supervision, Score and 1-2 Songs, depending on how much is submitted). As for actors, I only see Zendaya repeating and Colman Domingo coming along in Guest.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

I remember thinking Crown would win S1 since it was so very Built for Awards. Then excellence prevailed instead.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.