Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 15)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

I notice on the Netflix FYC site that they have mentioned Stranger Things Episode 7 a lot. I didn’t think that episode would be eligible for this years Emmy’s, assuming they’re only airing episodes 1-5. Or does the whole season compete even though it’s split?

there are 14 episodes this season, splitting into two 7 episode releases

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    nat1612
    Topics:

there are 14 episodes this season, splitting into two 7 episode releases

No, there’s only 9 episodes and many think it will be split 5/4

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

No, there’s only 9 episodes and many think it will be split 5/4

This is correct, although I think IMDB is the only place that states that.

Hmmm, I just looked at their FYC.  Odd thing to put if they’re not running it unless it’s just a stopgap.

Maybe they are dropping seven and holding two over and forgoing the ATL next year (I believe they can still run the other two in TV movie/as BTL crafts? Can someone confirm)

One would have to guess if they’re doing that they’re confident in something new and not just The Crown, though.

Profile picture
    nat1612
    Topics:

This is correct, although I think IMDB is the only place that states that.

I think The Hollywood Reporter stated 5/4 split too? Made the most sense as I assumed final episode would be longer than the rest making the 2 volumes roughly the same running time. However if the split is 7/2 maybe the final 2 episodes are almost movie length, but still would seem strange to leave only 2 episodes hanging

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/may/06/tehran-series-two-review-glenn-close

First review of Tehran season 2. Raves for the season and personal raves for Glenn

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

2023, but has Westworld been officially dated? I gather the presumption is it’s very close (ie it will be the drama before House of The Dragon) and it is confirmed for the rest of 2022, but have I missed an official announcement?

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Ozark’s finale is at 7.0 now so not quite a Killing Eve/Game of Thrones situation.

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

Ozark’s finale is at 7.0 now so not quite a Killing Eve/Game of Thrones situation.

it wasn’t ever going to be

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Maybe they are dropping seven and holding two over and forgoing the ATL next year (I believe they can still run the other two in TV movie/as BTL crafts? Can someone confirm)

The hanging episodes (if that’s the scenario) could compete for technical categories, writing/directing, and guest acting. The Handmaid’s Tale did this in 2019 to great success. The Euphoria specials were also in a similar position.

Honestly, my hunch is that they might drop eight episodes in May then announce that the season finale is feature film-length and treat it like a movie release.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I don’t know if this is a unpopular opinion, but I liked the ending of Ozark.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Honestly, my hunch is that they might drop eight episodes in May then announce that the season finale is feature film-length and treat it like a movie release.

Yeah makes sense.

The release strategy to me gives the vibes that they’ve probably conceded Season 5 is largely a commercial play (I presume it won’t be ready until probably 2024 cycle given their turnarounds)

For all the current woe around Netflix, they didn’t have to release this in 2022 – they had enough drama series – and had even originally announced to release it in Summer. I suspect they must have at least enough confidence in upcoming 2023 shows (outside of The Crown) to at least match the ST returns, especially knowing they’ve got big BTL competition in the back half of the year.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

The hanging episodes (if that’s the scenario) could compete for technical categories, writing/directing, and guest acting. The Handmaid’s Tale did this in 2019 to great success. The Euphoria specials were also in a similar position. Honestly, my hunch is that they might drop eight episodes in May then announce that the season finale is feature film-length and treat it like a movie release.

Netflix’s endless hunger for awards could help that show get a program Emmy when it’s a “tv movie”the way that Kimmy Schmidt and Black Mirror had “tv movies.”

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/may/06/tehran-series-two-review-glenn-close First review of Tehran season 2. Raves for the season and personal raves for Glenn

Legend for a reason

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

not to join the bandwagon but that’s exactly what I’m gonna do, Just finished Severance and I really need the Pilot to win Writing and the Finale to win Directing. I need it BAD.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The latest This Is Us has 9.7 on IMDb, it’s coming for that series nom again

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.