Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
Manav
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Nicola Coughlan and Luke Newton are going lead for S3 of Bridgerton (which is not book order)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

S5 of Yellowstone in production which means it should qualify for winter awards again.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Nicola Coughlan and Luke Newton are going lead for S3 of Bridgerton (which is not book order)

ooh I love this. Really excited to see more of both of these actors. I didn’t finish this season… petered out around episode 5, as it seemed to be living on steamy looks alone. But I can see these two holding down a whole season for sure.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Drama Actress 1. Zendaya (Euphoria) – 2326 2. Laura Linney (Ozark) – 2261 3. Jennifer Aniston (The Morning Show) – 2030 4. Melanie Lynskey (Yellowjackets) – 2029 5. Jodie Comer (Killing Eve) – 1886 6. Sandra Oh (Killing Eve) – 1457 7. Mandy Moore (This is Us) – 408 8. Carrie Coon (The Gilded Age) –236 9. Reese Witherspoon (The Morning Show) – 183 10. Christine Baranski (The Good Fight) – 155

Super curious what this would look like if everyone entered their picks now, I think both KE actresses would be out of the top 6, and Britt Lower would be somewhere in this top 10.

Profile picture
    Jameson250
    Topics:

It’s ridiculous that this site STILL doesn’t have Britt Lower in their prediction center. Seriously.

Also not pleased that their “Expert” Chris Rosen took Severance out of his Top 8 Drama Series predictions. With all due respect to the other wonderful shows, Severance is unique and incredible, and it absolutely deserves a nomination.

<rant over>

Profile picture
    a_nutshell
    Topics:

Maybe it’s just the corners of the internet I’m on(?), but I’ve heard absolutely no buzz about Shining Girls, which is a shame because I personally am absolutely loving it so far.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I think that’s just one of the pitfalls of being an Apple show, you either get all the buzz or none of the buzz.

Moss was outstanding in episode 4 though.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Continuing my monthly tradition of checking and posting here which are the ten most voted candidates in each category by users in the predictions center:

Drama Actress

1. Zendaya (Euphoria) – 2326
    2. Laura Linney (Ozark) – 2261
    3. Jennifer Aniston (The Morning Show) – 2030
    4. Melanie Lynskey (Yellowjackets) – 2029
    5. Jodie Comer (Killing Eve) – 1886
    6. Sandra Oh (Killing Eve) – 1457
    7. Mandy Moore (This is Us) – 408
    8. Carrie Coon (The Gilded Age) –236
    9. Reese Witherspoon (The Morning Show) – 183
    10. Christine Baranski (The Good Fight) – 155

That 1,000 user drop between 6 & 7 💀

Profile picture
    Timmyy
    Topics:

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I just finished Severance and what a fascinating, captivating and extremely well done show. Probably the most interesting one of this Emmy cycle.

The Writing was strong but the Directing was simply magnificent (honestly any episode they submit should be nominated and win). This is a show were, IMO, the Direction is stronger than the Writing, unlike Succession were it’s the other way around.

“The We We Are” was the most tense episode of this year and truth be told, I haven’t been so tense with an episode since “All the Bells Say” premiered last year.

Cinematography, Score, Editing, Casting, Production Design and all the techs were simply outstanding. This show should be nominated across the board in the below-the-line categories.

I know most people don’t care for categories like Score, but Succession vs Severance in Score is gonna be a terrific battle.

Acting wise, Scott, Turturro and Tillman were the MVPs of the show, Arquette was good as well. Britt Lower was the weakest one, probably because the Writing doesn’t do much with her character yet, she felt a little one-note and she should not be anywhere near a Leading Actress nod because she’s not lead at all, at least for this season. However, the season finale opened the door for her character to be really important and have an explosive 2nd season for her.

The show is giving me this feeling that the Emmys go hard for the Actors or they ignore everyone. I’m betting on the later scenario right now.

Lastly, Severance should win Directing and Cinematography by far!!!!!

Profile picture
    Jameson250
    Topics:

I just finished Severance and what a fascinating, captivating and extremely well done show. Probably the most interesting one of this Emmy cycle. The Writing was strong but the Directing was simply magnificent (honestly any episode they submit should be nominated and win). This is a show were, IMO, the Direction is stronger than the Writing, unlike Succession were it’s the other way around. “The We We Are” was the most tense episode of this year and truth be told, I haven’t been so tense with an episode since “All the Bells Say” premiered last year. Cinematography, Score, Editing, Casting, Production Design and all the techs were simply outstanding. This show should be nominated across the board in the below-the-line categories. I know most people don’t care for categories like Score, but Succession vs Severance in Score is gonna be a terrific battle. Acting wise, Scott, Turturro and Tillman were the MVPs of the show, Arquette was good as well. Britt Lower was the weakest one, probably because the Writing doesn’t do much with her character yet, she felt a little one-note and she should not be anywhere near a Leading Actress nod because she’s not lead at all, at least for this season. However, the season finale opened the door for her character to be really important and have an explosive 2nd season for her. The show is giving me this feeling that the Emmys go hard for the Actors or they ignore everyone. I’m betting on the later scenario right now. Lastly, Severance should win Directing and Cinematography by far!!!!!

Glad to see another Severance fan on here! I think the writing and directing were equally strong, but definitely agree that the directing probably has a better chance of winning.

Interesting take on the acting. I thought Lower was strong though. I agree that acting will be harder for them to break into than other categories.

Do you think it will get nominated for Series and writing, along with directing?

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Do you think it will get nominated for Series and writing, along with directing?

Yes, Ben is a huge name to make it in Directing and Series seems to be safe because it’s building buzz within the industry and it’s critically acclaimed, also it’s Apple’s best shot for a Drama Series nom. Writing is were I have some reservations but if Succession could get in all 3 for the first season, I think Severance will too.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yes, Ben is a huge name to make it in Directing and Series seems to be safe because it’s building buzz within the industry and it’s critically acclaimed, also it’s Apple’s best shot for a Drama Series nom. Writing is were I have some reservations but if Succession could get in all 3 for the first season, I think Severance will too.

I know a lot of people are predicting a lot more but I think if Severance can match S1 of Succession (ie per this) it’s doing well. Few shows “need” to get a billion noms their first year.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I know a lot of people are predicting a lot more but I think if Severance can match S1 of Succession (ie per this) it’s doing well. Few shows “need” to get a billion noms their first year.

Succession S1 is how I believe Severance will perform too but with more below the line support.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think Severance can top Succession’s s1 performance in supporting acting categories. Sure, Brian Cox was definitely a familiar name to the Academy, but Arquette and Turturro are more widely known here in the States, they’ve both been at the Emmys in the past few years, and they’re in much less competitive categories. I agree that Scott and Lower will probably need another season to make it in, but Arquette and Turturro feel like natural baseline “beginner” nominations to me. Turturro a bit less so than Arquette, but still.

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.