Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
Manav
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Gorgeous cover

Hoyeon looks incredible 

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Could Mandy Moore upset in Lead Actress? I’m probably kidding myself but she’s someone I think could pull it off. She’s been in the industry for so long, considered awards worthy since the show started, has been criminally under rewarded getting only one Emmy nod for her work and most people agree she’s terrific too.

This year it looks like every episode is a tape for her. I know it’s probably unlikely but if somehow This Is Us gets into Series, Actor, Actress and Supporting Actor maybe there’s a chance.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Seems like a few people here would be thrilled if she did. I can’t stomach This Is Us. It’s way too treacly and manipulative to sit through for me personally. It’s like if Parenthood marinated in mango rum for a decade. But I don’t think there’s a strong frontrunner in lead actress this year so if the final season buzz continues strong it seems plausible from the perspective of someone who doesn’t watch the show.

Profile picture
    boolbameroon
    Topics:

I need this kind of campaign for Ozark

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Mandy Moore is winning if she’s nominated

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

I need this kind of campaign for Ozark

That cover is indeed a beauty! I love it, for all three of them.

I guess Netflix laid off 150 people in favor of concentrating on this?

(https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/netflix-layoffs-1235148614/)

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I miss the tape system. I feel like that made predicting winners a lot easier in the acting categories.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Could Mandy Moore upset in Lead Actress? I’m probably kidding myself but she’s someone I think could pull it off. She’s been in the industry for so long, considered awards worthy since the show started, has been criminally under rewarded getting only one Emmy nod for her work and most people agree she’s terrific too. This year it looks like every episode is a tape for her. I know it’s probably unlikely but if somehow This Is Us gets into Series, Actor, Actress and Supporting Actor maybe there’s a chance.

I think she would definitely be top 3 at least if nominated. Time has shown us she isn’t a name they are blindly voting for even when the category is weak, so if she does get in again this time it would be because they have paid attention to and liked her work this season, which definitely makes her competitive for the win considering how undeniable she pretty much is.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

This is Us had an FYC Awards Screening last night of this week’s episode “The Train”.

‘This Is Us’ Creator Dan Fogelman Breaks Down Emotional Penultimate Episode, Its Surprise Twist & Cameos And Teases Series Finale – Video Q&A

The episode will likely result in 2 nominations for Guest Actor in a Drama Series. Potentially a nomination in writing/directing if submitted.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think she would definitely be top 3 at least if nominated. Time has shown us she isn’t a name they are blindly voting for even when the category is weak, so if she does get in again this time it would be because they have paid attention to and liked her work this season, which definitely makes her competitive for the win considering how undeniable she pretty much is.

I don’t think final season narratives are that much of a thing for people who’ve been frequently nominated and had plenty of chances, but I do think getting in late when you’re perceived to have been underappreciated might be especially if the press get behind her, which they probably will – they have always had a lot of goodwill towards her (If Seehorn ever gets in, I’m inclined to say the same).

In 2019 when Christie got in for GoT (different scenario with the vote split) the press rallied so strongly for her I am pretty sure it had a fairly significant effect on the voting.

In a scenario where Moore doesn’t have that problem a change of breakdown in support could definitely translate to a win.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

I also think that This Is Us is going to over perform / outperform previous seasons as far as nominations go, similar to Pose’s last season. Plus its release schedule being right before nomination voting and the buzz being so high, I can’t see it underperforming.

I think we’re looking at:

Drama Series
    Drama Actor: Sterling K. Brown
    Drama Actress: Mandy Moore
    Drama Supporting Actor: Chris Sullivan
    Drama Supporting Actress: Chrissy Metz
    Drama Writing: “The Train”
    Drama Guest Actor: Gerald McRaney
    Drama Guest Actor: Ron Cephas Jones
    Drama Guest Actress: Phylicia Rashad
    Drama Casting
    Non-Prosthetic Makeup
    Prosthetic Makeup
    Contemporary Costumes
    Contemporary Hairstyling
    Music Composition
    Original Music & Lyrics: “The Forever Now”

Metz & Sullivan have a huge plot line this season and were the focal point of several episodes. They were given tape after tape after tape. I think they already love Sullivan and his character, and Metz was a previous nominee in a somewhat scattered / non-locked supporting actress category.

I think Moore is getting in and have thought that for months. Final season narrative, “The Final Chapter” campaigning, individual buzz, actual worthy performance, a transformative performance ( she would literally play three different ages of the same character in one episode sometimes ). Plus her character is going through a lot as far as material goes.

(plus if they could push Ventimiglia into supporting, I think that’s an easy nom, and I think it could be justified)

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Jameson250
    Topics:

A couple early prediction articles came out over the last 24 hours.

Emmys Predictions: First Read of 2022 Race, Feinberg Forecast – The Hollywood Reporter

Emmys 2022 preview: Where does your favorite TV show stand? – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

As a Severance fan I’m not thrilled with the Feinberg Forecast at all. Hoping that can turn around.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

(plus if they could push Ventimiglia into supporting, I think that’s an easy nom, and I think it could be justified)

That was indicated at a certain point but I don’t know if that’s what’s actually happened? I don’t think I’ve seen a formal FYC ad.

Profile picture
    rlk
    Topics:

Drama Guest Actress: Phylicia Rashad

Has there been indication that Rashad will appear on the series finale?

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Feinberg always misses one or two spots and sometimes badly. I know he’s pretty accurate for the most part but I think either his final ballot will look different or Severance is going to the one he misses on.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.