Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
Manav
  • Profile picture
    agorretta
    Topics:

IMO Feinberg having 3(!) supporting actresses from Euphoria listed as “Front Runners” and Jacob Elordi as a “Major Threat” should immediately disqualify him from being taken seriously.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

#1204955724 IMO Feinberg having 3(!) supporting actresses from Euphoria listed as “Front Runners” and Jacob Elordi as a “Major Threat” should immediately disqualify him from being taken seriously.

And zero nominations for Apple in any drama category is a yikes!

(edit: or for anything other than Ted Lasso)

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Drama Series
    Drama Actor: Sterling K. Brown
    Drama Actress: Mandy Moore
    Drama Supporting Actor: Chris Sullivan
    Drama Supporting Actress: Chrissy Metz
    Drama Writing: “The Train”
    Drama Guest Actor: Gerald McRaney
    Drama Guest Actor: Ron Cephas Jones
    Drama Guest Actress: Phylicia Rashad
    Drama Casting
    Non-Prosthetic Makeup
    Prosthetic Makeup
    Contemporary Costumes
    Contemporary Hairstyling
    Music Composition
    Original Music & Lyrics: “The Forever Now”

I am predicting the same nominations minus Rashad, I do not see her appearing in the finale, I can see Sullivan, Metz and Brown even if Moore misses (I will cry as much as I did with the penultimate episode though).

Ventimiglia declined to go to supporting. There was a bit of a ego drama with him and Justin Hartley. It was suggested that they switch in season 4 since Ventimiglia started to appear less and Hartley screen time even overpassed Brown’s, but Ventimiglia declined, after that Hartley declined to stay in supporting, so all three of them have been campaigned as leads for the last three seasons. Ventimiglia did not changed his mind even after he was snubbed for season 4 and season 5 (he got three consecutive noms for season 1, 2 and 3).

And Britt Lower’s character is a lot more interesting and has showier material than January Jones ever did.

Jones single scene with the riffle is better than Lower’s entire season. It is not a good idea to compare the characters from Severance to those of Mad Men, the latter had much more complex, multidimensional and realistic characters.

IMO Feinberg having 3(!) supporting actresses from Euphoria listed as “Front Runners” and Jacob Elordi as a “Major Threat” should immediately disqualify him from being taken seriously.

Or maybe Euphoria actually overperforms since was a worldwide sensation on the level of Game of Thrones that rarely happens anymore. It is also HBO, a channel that the Emmys adore and over nominate in the same way in which SAG do it with Netflix.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Or maybe Euphoria actually overperforms since was a worldwide sensation on the level of Game of Thrones that rarely happens anymore. It is also HBO, a channel that the Emmys adore and over nominate in the same way in which SAG do it with Netflix.

Even GoT didn’t get three actresses in til Season 6 though.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Euphoria is not getting three Supporting Actresses lmao. It’s not even guaranteed to land one, let alone three.

Profile picture
    Timmyy
    Topics:

Euphoria a world-wide sensation? Ahahahahahahahahaha. I mean, sure, since everyone knows how bad S2 was.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Euphoria a world-wide sensation? Ahahahahahahahahaha. I mean, sure, since everyone knows how bad S2 was.

It was the most watched show on HBO since Game of Thrones. I don’t know about world wide but it was a domestic sensation. Which is all that matters for the Emmys.

Profile picture
    EviAdd711
    Topics:

GD is being weird and won’t let me quote. But this is in response to Ivo’s opinion re: Britt Lower vs. January Jones and Severance characters vs. Mad Men characters:

I could not possibly disagree with you more. I’m a HUGE Mad Men fan, and I still think that assertion is crazy.
    The Severance characters are absolutely multi-dimensional and deeply complex. I have a million questions about each of them. In terms of being realistic, you’re comparing apples to oranges in terms of the type of show they’re in, which makes the comparison senseless. Regardless, I find the Severance characters very realistic. For example, I find the dynamic between Mark and his sister Devon to be one of the most realistic, organic and genuine portrayals of that type of relationship I’ve seen.

Finally, with all due respect, don’t even get me started on January Jones vs. Britt Lower. I’m sure January is nice and all, (actually I’ve heard from several reliable sources that she’s not) but I’d rather watch paint dry than watch her “act”.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

This is correct. Him not having Severance firmly in anywhere made me completely ignore any of his predictions.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Also January Jones was Emmy worthy in Mad Men and is being bizarrely compared to Lower here for some particular reason that completely escapes me.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

It was the most watched show on HBO since Game of Thrones. I don’t know about world wide but it was a domestic sensation. Which is all that matters for the Emmys.

It was a domestic sensation among children, and also among adults who watched it in a mocking way and to keep up with the online water cooler. No adult actually liked it or thought it was good.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

all three of them have been campaigned as leads for the last three seasons

Hartley submitted in supporting last season and is expected to do the same again this year.

Also, the arguments for Moore winning are reminding me a lot of last year’s arguments for an MJ Rodriguez win. I’d love to see Moore win, but unfortunately I see their paths ending in the same place, losing out to the last-chance veteran.

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

SUCCESSION (18) – Series, Cox, Strong, Braun, Culkin, Macfadyen, Smith-Cameron, Snook, Brody, Cromwell, Skarsgård, Abbass, Davis, Walter, Writing, Directing x3

OZARK (7) – Series, Bateman, Linney, Garner, Pelphrey, Writing, Directing

SQUID GAME (7) – Series, Lee Jung-jae, Oh, Jung, Lee Yoo-mi, Writing, Directing

BETTER CALL SAUL (5) – Series, Odenkirk, Esposito, Writing x2

SEVERANCE (5) – Series, Turturro, Arquette, Writing, Directing

STRANGER THINGS (4) – Series, Harbour, Brown, Directing

YELLOWSTONE (4) – Series, Reilly, Weaver, Directing

EUPHORIA (3) – Zendaya, Sweeney, Domingo

THE MORNING SHOW (3) – Aniston, Crudup, Harden

THIS IS US (3) – Brown, Moore, Jones

YELLOWJACKETS (3) – Lynskey, Ricci, Writing

BRIDGERTON (1) – Series

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I still have that “Episode 5 of Euphoria was their Ozymandias” living in my head rent free LOL.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

It was a domestic sensation among children, and also among adults who watched it in a mocking way and to keep up with the online water cooler. No adult actually liked it or thought it was good.

Im Southeast Asian and I have adult friends who genuinely liked it (Im lukewarm on it) and its one of the more popular foreign shows herem

Your obsessive hatred for anything Zendaya/Euphoria related needs to be toned down

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.