Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
Manav
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Twitter is hard to gauge for buzz. Stan twitter is also very strange. To me, Twitter buzz only counts when it somehow ends up unavoidable as opposed to seeking out pockets of people who stan something. Like, if you have to search for it then how buzzy is it really? You can’t see the impressions so it’s harder to tell either way. I don’t think likes are the most important metric when gauging Twitter buzz but there is something also ineffable about it to me as well. Succession, Severance, and Euphoria all fall under that. Abbott Elementary and This Is Us don’t because if it weren’t for this place I would have no clue they have so many Twitter stans.

Well that’s on you because Abbott Elementary is definitely much buzzier and talked about by the GP than Severance

Profile picture
    Alienware
    Topics:

I seriously hope they’re not going to pencil in Ozark for a writing nomination just because of name recognition because the writing was turrible this season.

Then again, Game of Thrones even won it with garbage episodes so nothing should surprise me anymore.

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

I seriously hope they’re not going to pencil in Ozark for a writing nomination just because of name recognition because the writing was turrible this season.

Then again, Game of Thrones even won it with garbage episodes so nothing should surprise me anymore.

An Ozark writing nomination for ‘Sanctified’ would be well deserved.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Well that’s on you because Abbott Elementary is definitely much buzzier and talked about by the GP than Severance

How would you know that ? Are you surveying people on the street ?

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

It’s a patently false statement. There’s no criteria by which they could objectively say that. Even a quick search on google trends shows interest in Severance is significantly higher than Abbott Elementary.

trend

People just say things here and then other people like it regardless of how inaccurate or false it is. In this instance I can’t tell if the person is just delusional or deliberately lying.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s an irrelevant comparison anyway, they’re not even in direct competition. Dramas are almost always higher searched and buzzed than comedies especially early on.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Severance has more international buzz compared to Abbott, which has garnered more local acclaim. I am from India and a lot of critics and my friends have watched Severance but are yet to follow through Abbott. That’s the nature of comedy until it’s on Netflix. It takes a few seasons to spread wide.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

It’s a patently false statement. There’s no criteria by which they could objectively say that. Even a quick search on google trends shows interest in Severance is significantly higher than Abbott Elementary. trend People just say things here and then other people like it regardless of how inaccurate or false it is. In this instance I can’t tell if the person is just delusional or deliberately lying.

Bruh the word Severance is used in a range of contexts. While the correlation might seem strong, you simply can’t compare the search term for a show title with an industrial relations term during an economic downturn.

Everyone just needs to stop trying to prognosticate using shitty data.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Netflix really has all the money in the world for campaigns. Anyways I remember watching Squid game guards on BAFTA red carpet as well

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Finished Severance, what a brilliant show! Hard to decide between this and Succession for my personal drama series winner this year. One thing is for sure though; I hope Britt Lower gets in and I will be heartbroken if her name isn’t announced on nomination day.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

How would you know that ? Are you surveying people on the street ?

Did you see tweets about Severance getting more than 50k likes or retweets? No. But there are plenty about Abbott.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Bruh the word Severance is used in a range of contexts. While the correlation might seem strong, you simply can’t compare the search term for a show title with an industrial relations term during an economic downturn.

Everyone just needs to stop trying to prognosticate using shitty data.

Except you can see the it jump from a steady level of nothing until the show started airing. This was a thin argument I figured nobody here would be foolish enough to make. Either you are being deliberately obtuse or just really bad at reading data and graphs.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Did you see tweets about Severance getting more than 50k likes or retweets? No. But there are plenty about Abbott.

Yeah, because that’s always great clue of which show is more popular with “general audiences”, lol.

Compare their IMDB numbers, then. Skews to a specific demographic, yes, but so does Twitter.

It’s just ridiculous comparing both shows when no one knows what’s popular or not outside of the internet bubble.

Profile picture
    Brazzy
    Topics:

I gave up on Britt Lower but for the love of a higher being, can someone at least move Patricia Arquette to Supporting?

Why is this happening? Lol

Profile picture
    Gajo
    Topics:

We are talking about a platform where Succession is one of the most popular shows. Twitter engagements are skewed towards a very specific demographic and don’t think should be used as sole measure of what’s bigger with the GP.

The Abbott tweets are usually short, funny clips where hardly any context is needed while with Severance, you need to be fully involved. It not always getting 50k likes is not a knock against it and it even managing this level of interest is more significant to me. In fact, its engagement is higher where the user actively seeks the show like at Google or places where you rate shows etc.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.