Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
Manav
  • Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

Yeah, Bridgerton in particular is still massive.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I agree that trying to argue Euphoria isn’t popular with a high number of people is a futile exercise.

Zendaya in particular, is very, very popular (My elder millennial brain doesn’t always understand how she got to be so disproportionately popular, but it’s a fact)

But to draw a Venn Diagram, the age crossover of who it’s popular with and the average academy voter isn’t very high. I  suspect it has some regional, LA based advantage despite skewing so young (particularly compared to Thrones), and Zendaya’s getting a bigger piece of the pie because she has a movie career that expands up to people who are older.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think it’s also being lost in this conversation that Zendaya didn’t just win the Emmy because she and the show are mega-popular, she won because her performance was really damn good!

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I don’t think the Emmys should just be about Prestige and Quality. Then it just becomes a $$$$ / snobbery race. I think they should go with the show that represents the moment in time best and that people connect to / are immersed in.

That’s all well and good that you would like to see that, but the Television Academy awards Emmys to recognise artistic and technical merit, and overall excellence, in television programming.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

That’s all well and good that you would like to see that, but the Television Academy awards Emmys to recognise artistic and technical merit, and overall excellence, in television programming.

The qualifier here is “just”. I think both are important for the relevancy of the awards going forward. I know they lean towards the former but I still think their choices tend to reflect both.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

All Ivo did was share an opinion

Said no one ever.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Can I ask what others are feeling on supporting actress right now? i.e, if you had an unlimited ballot, who would you personally feel strongly enough about to nominate (as opposed to who you think will get nominated)?

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Can I ask what others are feeling on supporting actress right now? i.e, if you had an unlimited ballot, who would you personally feel strongly enough about to nominate (as opposed to who you think will get nominated)?

1. Julia Garner – Ozark

2. Sarah Snook – Succession

3. Susan Kelechi Watson – This Is Us

4. Chrissy Metz – This Is Us

5. Patricia Arquette – Severance

6. Millie Bobby Brown – Stranger Things

7. Jung Ho-yeon – Squid Game

8. Audra McDonald – The Good Fight

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

If it is, I’m done. I enjoy This Is Us. It’s a great show and I’m sure there are a ton of amazing people who work on it. All the respect, truly. But in my personal opinion, if the Emmy’s are actually about choosing the best, most prestigious, highest quality show, then Succession, Severance, Pachinko or Ozark should win.

The final season of This Is Us is much better than Ozark’s. Y’all precious IMDb scores indicate that aswell.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Can I ask what others are feeling on supporting actress right now? i.e, if you had an unlimited ballot, who would you personally feel strongly enough about to nominate (as opposed to who you think will get nominated)?

Sydney Sweeney, Euphoria
    Julia Garner, Ozark
    Jung Ho-yeon, Squid Game
    Sarah Snook, Succession
    Chrissy Metz, This Is Us
    Susan Kelechi Watson, This Is Us
    Samantha Hanratty, Yellowjackets
    Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets
    Sophie Thatcher, Yellowjackets

(I don’t watch Better Call Saul. Still need to watch Pachinko and The Morning Show s2. Only a few episodes into Severance, Arquette hasn’t swept me away yet but I’m sure she will later on. Honestly not impressed enough with Smith-Cameron to nominate her. Hunter Schafer would be on this list if her material in Euphoria s2 had been as good as last year’s special episode.)

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

– Julia Garner (Ozark)
    – HoYeon Jung (Squid Game)
    – Nika King (Euphoria)
    – Chrissy Metz (This Is Us)
    – Karen Pittman (The Morning Show)
    – Christina Ricci (Yellowjackets)
    – Sarah Snook (Succession)
    – Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets)

FYC: "This Is Us", "The Good Fight", "Severance" & "Hacks" in all categories.

Juliette Lewis ("Yellowjackets "), Mandy Moore ("This Is Us"), Kavyan Novak ("What We Do In The Shadows "), Edie Falco ("Impeachment: American Crime Story"), Drew Tarver & Heléne Yorke ("The Other Two")

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Alphabetically:

Julia Garner, Ozark
    Regina Hall, Nine Perfect Strangers
    Jung Ho-Yeon, Squid Game
    Kim Joo-Ryeong, Squid Game
    Melissa McCarthy, Nine Perfect Strangers
    Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets
    Rhea Seehorn, Better Call Saul
    Sarah Snook, Succession
    Sophie Thatcher, Yellowjackets
    Yuh-Jung Youn, Pachinko

Note: Stranger Things hasn’t aired it’s new season yet, so Millie Bobby Brown isn’t on this list else she’d almost certainly be in it.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

Sarah Snook – Succession
    Rhea Seehorn – Better Call Saul
    Sydney Sweeney – Euphoria
    Audra McDonald – The Good Fight
    Sarah Steele – The Good Fight
    Patricia Arquette – Severance
    Christina Ricci – Yellowjackets
    Cynthia Nixon – The Gilded Age

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

ivostoyanov wrote:
    Severance could have been 6 episodes instead of 9 and maybe would have been as good as you try to make it sound.

Imagine being this wrong and confident about it. It’s like listening to a QAnoner.

I am not offended, but I am amused. You are such a fan boy, you are not able to be objective. I adore Severance and I want it to win writing versus Succession. But I am able to be truthful. I was never bored with the show, but episodes 1-6 are slow and repetitive, the plot of Devon and Ricken is not good, they have zero chemistry, they do not make sense as a couple and the scenes with their friends were pure cringe, not funny at all. The duality of Harmony was a big fail as well, her hysteria after they fire her was funny, not dramatic as it was meant to be. You can love the show and give it 10 on IMDB (like I did) and still recognize that is not a perfect show. Also, there is not denying that episodes 7-9 are far better than the rest, of course, this is also due to the build up, but the pace changes completely.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Can I ask what others are feeling on supporting actress right now? i.e, if you had an unlimited ballot, who would you personally feel strongly enough about to nominate (as opposed to who you think will get nominated)?

1. Julia Garner – Ozark
    2. Jessica Frances Dukes – Ozark
    3. Lisa Emery – Ozark
    4. Sarah Snook – Succession
    5. Susan Kelechi Watson – This Is Us
    6. Chrissy Metz – This Is Us
    7. Dichen Lachman – Severance
    8. Rhea Seehorn – Better Call Saul
    9. Audra McDonald – The Good Fight
    10. Sarah Steele – The Good Fight
    11. Gaby Hoffmann – Winning Time
    12. Cynthia Nixon – Gilded Age
    13. Denée Benton – Gilded Age
    14. Sydney Sweeney – Euphoria
    15. Alexa Demie – Euphoria
    16. Maude Apatow – Euphoria
    17. Nika King – Euphoria
    18. Storm Reid – Euphoria
    19. Regina Hall – Nine Perfect Strangers
    20. Melissa McCarthy – Nine Perfect Strangers
    21. Asher Keddie – Nine Perfect Strangers
    22. Jung Ho-Yeon – Squid Game
    23. Kim Joo-Ryeong – Squid Game
    24. Julianna Margulies – The Morning Show
    25. Karen Pittman – The Morning Show
    26. Chandra Wilson – Grey’s Anatomy
    27. Camilla Luddington – Grey’s Anatomy
    28. Caterina Scorsone – Grey’s Anatomy
    29. Kim Raver – Grey’s Anatomy
    30. Lauren Cohan – The Walking Dead
    31. Melissa McBride – The Walking Dead
    32. Lauren Ridloff – The Walking Dead

Yeah, I am that kind of an Academy member 😀

Patricia Arquette and Fiona Shaw are not bad, but neither made a good impression due to bad characterization and bad script accordingly. J. Smith-Cameron, Christine Baranski (Gilded Age), Hunter Schafer and Barbie Ferreira are good, but didn’t have enough to do, nomination for either one of them would be ridiculous. I would not be mad about Schafer though, she deserves it for the prior season and she had several good scenes this season.

I have yet to see Yellowjackets, Pachinko, Yellowstone and the new season of Stranger Things.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.