Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
Manav
  • Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I think the biggest problem Marguiles has is actually that despite being such a big name she didn’t make much impact. You could argue that’s probably because the cast is already stacked but that didn’t stop Streep coming into BLL and going toe-to-toe with Dern for MVP. I think ultimately many were underwhelmed by Marguiles’ presence in the show which I think counts against her even with the unlimited ballot.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Predicted Duplass last time and can positively say, much like last time, people are underestimating TMS here. He even managed a surprise Globe nom this year over the likes of Evan Peters and Matthew Macfadyen.

The underestimation keeps being hilarious like seeing people predicting an Aniston snub. Good luck with that.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

I think ultimately many were underwhelmed by Marguiles’ presence in the show which I think counts against her even with the unlimited ballot.

I hesitate to respond because people seem to jump on me when I defend TMS actors, BUT, I’m curious why you think that? Even critics that panned the show seemed to commend her acting, it’s just that they were also saying that Aniston, Witherspoon, Crudup, etc. were good, too.

And then the few critics that liked the season usually described her as a standout – like this one, she is a “standout,” “delightful queer energy,” etc.: https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/20/opinions/morning-show-season-2-second-acts-mantoan/index.html

But I imagine you’re hearing from other places, including this board.

p.s. I still think Witherspoon deserves an Emmy for this season, if anyone is wondering.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Telling to me that barely anyone, even the Succession superfans, included Smith-Cameron on their unlimited ballots…

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I still need to catch up with a lot of shows but right now my picks in Supporting Actress would be (alphabetical order):

Lisa Emery, Ozark
    Julia Garner, Ozark
    Sammi Hanratty, Yellowjackets
    Kim Joo-ryoung, Squid Game
    Ella Purnell, Yellowjackets
    Jasmin Savoy Brown, Yellowjackets
    Sarah Snook, Succession
    Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I feel like Marguiles was barely even in the second season even though I know she had that romantic storyline with Bradley. She just didn’t feel like a very big or important presence. Crudup is the only one I think is a lock. I’m not putting as much faith as others in the SAG nominations when most of their competition wasn’t even eligible yet.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

You can when the other two are series nominees for their most recent seasons with multiple major guild noms to boot. Multiple shows under this system have had ATL wins without a wide base of support to get in for series.

Again, Euphoria like many other shows were not eligible for the winter awards this year. I feel like I need to make this my signature at this point or something.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Again, Euphoria like many other shows were not eligible for the winter awards this year. I feel like I need to make this my signature at this point or something.

Neither were Bridgerton and Stranger Things so I have no idea what point you are trying to make here. I thought it was clear we were talking about their past season’s performance…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Telling to me that barely anyone, even the Succession superfans, included Smith-Cameron on their unlimited ballots…

I love Succession but lets get real. If JSC gets nominated it’ll be purely based on the strenght of the show and not the performance. She’s great in it but she does nothing worthy of awards recognition.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Because some people on here think that popularity = deserving of an Emmy, I’ll just leave this here: Millie Bobby Brown’s interview on Fallon 6 days ago has raked in a whopping 3.4 million views and 3.4k comments.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Assuming ST4 maintains quality, Brown and Harbour will easily get back in. I’m also keeping an eye out for other cast members who could sneak in, especially in supporting actress. It’s been teased that Sink will have a lot of great material this season, and Hawke has potential too. Schnapp’s snub in 2018 makes me think the younger cast members have a pretty big uphill battle to a nomination, but the category is pretty scattered, so I could see it happening if one of them really knocks our socks off. The show has never had even close to a release date this good, so everyone will be VERY fresh in voters’ minds. I obviously don’t see a THT s4 level performance, but that’s setting a very good precedent for how ST could snag a nod or two beyond their baseline this year.

(Honestly hoping against all hope that the Duffers will give Schnapp some good material this season and he can by some miracle make it in because s3 seriously underutilized him after he gave a PHENOMENAL performance in s2.

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The main series wasn’t, but Jules special was and still retained the shows Guild noms at ACE & CDG.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Assuming ST4 maintains quality, Brown and Harbour will easily get back in. I’m also keeping an eye out for other cast members who could sneak in, especially in supporting actress. It’s been teased that Sink will have a lot of great material this season, and Hawke has potential too. Schnapp’s snub in 2018 makes me think the younger cast members have a pretty big uphill battle to a nomination, but the category is pretty scattered, so I could see it happening if one of them really knocks our socks off. The show has never had even close to a release date this good, so everyone will be VERY fresh in voters’ minds. I obviously don’t see a THT s4 level performance, but that’s setting a very good precedent for how ST could snag a nod or two beyond their baseline this year. (Honestly hoping against all hope that the Duffers will give Schnapp some good material this season and he can by some miracle make it in because s3 seriously underutilized him after he gave a PHENOMENAL performance in s2.

Yes yes yes re: Schnapp in season 2; he was absolutely revelatory.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

This is Us is a show that has been dropped by industry in literally every award show. Missed SAG Ensemble (the only guild that showed love for it since it won two times) for Better Call Saul (which had never gotten nominated) in 2020 and then this year missed for Yellowstone in a ridiculously weak field. Not to mention it got one single ATL nomination two years ago in a competitive field similar to this one. The stans can’t convince me they will suddenly hit the switch button and give it a Schitt’s Creek haul of nominations and wins. They didn’t do it for Viola, they didn’t do it for Homeland, or The Good Wife, or Silicon Valley. When they stop caring about a show, they stop caring about a show. I guess we’ll just see if I’m wrong or not. Right now I have The Morning Show as the up in the air 8th slot because it seems to be growing in support and visibility with its SAG Ensemble, PGA and WGA nominations.

Except This Is Us was a Drama Series nominee in the most recent ceremony and received more nominations for its previous season compared to the one before it. It’s most definitely not a “when they stop caring about a show, they stop caring about a show” scenario.

And besides below- the- line guilds (which it has received plenty of nominations from), SAG is not the only ATL guild to care for the show seeing as it’s a previous PGA nominee and a WGA Episodic staple.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s most definitely not a “when they stop caring about a show, they stop caring about a show” scenario.

It went from 7 acting nominations for s3 to 3 for seasons 4 and 5

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.