Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
Manav
  • Profile picture
    agorretta
    Topics:

NCIS and Yellowstone are also just vastly different shows though, so I don’t totally get the point of comparing them. The former is a traditional, case-of-the-week procedural which is not a genre that the Emmys have embraced in a long time. Meanwhile, Yellowstone is essentially a serialized melodrama about one rich family, and these types of shows have been embraced by the Emmys more lately. And going off the production values of it, they clearly consider it “prestige TV” as opposed to standard network shows, which is probably another point in their favor.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

The point was that they appeal to the same type of viewers. I acknowledged they were different in terms of style and quality.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Can I ask a slightly dense question as someone who doesn’t live in the US (and has it on mind because we’ve just had a Federal election tonight in Australia) – just how blue do California and New York currently lean? (I tried googling the 2021 results but your system confuses me)

I haven’t visited since a few years prior to the pandemic, so I’m just trying to get a reference point.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Can I ask a slightly dense question as someone who doesn’t live in the US (and has it on mind because we’ve just had a Federal election tonight in Australia) – just how blue do California and New York currently lean? (I tried googling the 2021 results but your system confuses me) I haven’t visited since a few years prior to the pandemic, so I’m just trying to get a reference point.

California and New York typically vote blue in recent election cycles, whether general, gubernatorial, or otherwise. Especially the former. There actually are a lot of counties in New York that vote red, but because New York City is way more populated and tends to vote blue, New York ends up leaning blue when all of the votes are counted.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

California and New York typically vote blue in recent election cycles, whether general, gubernatorial, or otherwise. Especially the former. There actually are a lot of counties in New York that vote red, but because New York City is way more populated and tends to vote blue, New York ends up leaning blue when all of the votes are counted.

Gotcha. I just found some figures. Thankyou.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

technically if you looked at a county map california wouldn’t look as undeniably blue as it is:

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Those maps are extremely misleading though because while they cover a lot of physical land the most densely and highly populated areas vote blue. This is the case in most states with major metropolitan cities and areas. A county 10x times the size of another might 50x fewer voters. California is pretty much 65% blue or higher. This is why gerrymandering is such a deeply undemocratic issue.

If your want a more accurate voting map there are 3d maps that really highlight more people voting across less land.

And lastly, for the purposes of this discussion Hollywood is extremely blue.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Jin Ha (Pachinko), Melanie Lynskey (Yellowjackets), Adam Scott (Severance) and Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul) are the Drama contenders part of LA Times Envelope Drama Roundtable (coming June 10th) the other participants are Kaitlyn Dever (Dopesick) and Sebastian Stan (Pam & Tommy)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Adam Scott (Severance) and Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul)

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

It would be fun if, with all the acting Ozark talk centered around the women, Bateman ended up blocking the Succession repeat this year.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

It would be fun if, with all the acting Ozark talk centered around the women, Bateman ended up blocking the Succession repeat this year.

its actually possible and it would be disgusting

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

There’s no way Ozark is winning series. The reception has been mixed to tepid at best. It might win Directing and a few acting categories but even that feels like a long shot this year.

Profile picture
    Mimikadd1
    Topics:

People watch Ozark and forget about it’s existence 2 seconds later, it’s actually fascinating I have never seen a more passionless show in terms people liking it. Like everything is there acting, production, script, everything and yet it’s just so… soulless.

Ozark watchers explain?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Ozark has no shot at winning Drama series lmao. It’s only competitive in Directing and Acting (mostly Linney and Garner).

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I think it’s because it’s a drama most people are binging and isn’t the type of show the fan base is going to rewatch a lot. I’ve noticed the lack of discussion for Netflix shows a bunch actually and think it would be smarter of them to move away from full season drops and move to similar formats like HBOMax, AppleTV, and HULU. It definitely facilitates discussion and buzz more by doing so. And it motivates poodle to keep their subscriptions longer.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.