Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 521 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Especially given Mandy Moore’s excellent performance this year

more critics support, coming for that tca nom!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Creatives can self submit. Last year Jessica Hobbes who went on to win the directing Emmy submitted herself for The Crown after not being submitted by Netflix (she also did the same the year before). Likewise if I’m not mistaken two years ago Jessica Frances Dukes and two of Ozark‘s eventual writing nominees also submitted themselves.

I’m very curious to see if Robin Wright and Lisa Emery submit themselves for Ozark as I can see overall visibility and the buzz both of them attracted for “Sanctified” was released advantage them in two fields that feel like they’re lacking in consensus when it comes to those last two to three slots.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Since 2010, highest rated scripted seasons, based on the overall network TV average that season:

GoT 549% of the average network TV show

Walking Dead 448% of the average network TV show

Walking Dead 439

Walking Dead 437

GoT 394

Walking Dead 359

Roseanne 320

Walking Dead 310

Empire 303

Empire 303

Yellowstone 284

Big Bang 269

GoT 264

Walking Dead 263

Empire ended up getting only actress noms, but it had less guild support and was not centered around an old white man aka the typical voter.

Profile picture
    Stretchy
    Topics:

@CuriousHedhehog, if I remember correctly from season 3, Winona Ryder’s lead submission is by her/her team, not Netflix. They’d rather have everyone Supporting.

And yeah, I just finished Episode 4 and wow. Sadie Sink didn’t come to play and it’ll be disappointing if/when she doesn’t get nominated. Overall a great showcase episode and I’m sure it’s their big push outside of Ep 7. Great story, couple of nice monologues…even a nice little 1-minute single-take action sequence; definitely Shawn Levy’s submission, though their FYC page doesn’t say, yet.

I’m even more convinced this would have been the time to experiment with a weekly release for this show (2 EPs/week).

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Both All Too Well and Fear Street have made Sadie more famous than last season, but they could feel that one young woman per show is sufficient.

Profile picture
    Oscars Fan
    Topics:

I have a Question:

Will Better Call Saul be eligible for the 75th Emmy Awards due to the Season 6 split?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I have a Question: Will Better Call Saul be eligible for the 75th Emmy Awards due to the Season 6 split?

Yes.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Now and Then (Apple +) and The Time Travel Wife (HBO) will be eligible?

Need to check on Now and Then. Time Travelers Wife is ineligible due to release pattern

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix do commit to weekly releases for American shows they’ve acquired for international territories (i.e. Better Call Saul, The Good Place) which I don’t believe they do in turn for international series they’ve acquired for US release (Call My Agent, Derry Girls, Kim’s Convenience and Peaky Blinders all have or will drop their most recent seasons as box sets several months after they’ve concluded airing in their countries of origin).

They probably aren’t going to try to experiment with a weekly release for some of their tentpoles any time soon considering the binge release is their USP and they’d be putting their brand at risk in an overstuffed streaming landscape with weekly releases quickly becoming the norm. However, not that awards are everything of course, it would be quite a clever strategic move for them to experiment with a weekly release with some of their more awards skewing shows as a means of campaigning.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

@CuriousHedhehog, if I remember correctly from season 3, Winona Ryder’s lead submission is by her/her team, not Netflix. They’d rather have everyone Supporting. And yeah, I just finished Episode 4 and wow. Sadie Sink didn’t come to play and it’ll be disappointing if/when she doesn’t get nominated. Overall a great showcase episode and I’m sure it’s their big push outside of Ep 7. Great story, couple of nice monologues…even a nice little 1-minute single-take action sequence; definitely Shawn Levy’s submission, though their FYC page doesn’t say, yet. I’m even more convinced this would have been the time to experiment with a weekly release for this show (2 EPs/week).

Interesting. Bar S1, there’s arguably no leads for Stranger Things, as there’s such a large ensemble. Considering Winona Ryder has fairly little screen time (nor does she do anything terribly memorable, sorry Winona), it’s an interesting decision.

And yea, Sink’s episode by far is 4. Great monologue and character work and character development for Max.

Also I agree, considering most of the episodes ended on a cliff hanger, they should’ve done a weekly release for this season and they made a mistake not.

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Sadie Sink is a much better actress than Millie Bobby Brown, who resorts to her familiar, boring, and repetitive acting style that doesn’t seem to have evolved even as her character grows older.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I recently finished college and started working two months ago and I have to say I finally understand why Emma voters keep on voting for the same shows and have a difficult time catching up with new shows . I am already having a difficult time catching up with established shows that I actually like I.e Hacks , TFA, Stranger things – although I will definitely find time to watch them, as for limited series I have not managed to watch past episode 1 of any show. Ironically I have spent the little time I have rewatching The Sopranos, Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Emmy voters really do get overwhelmed with so many shows and very little time

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

Sadie Sink.

Profile picture
    Stretchy
    Topics:

Sadie Sink is a much better actress than Millie Bobby Brown, who resorts to her familiar, boring, and repetitive acting style that doesn’t seem to have evolved even as her character grows older.

I don’t have an opinion on who’s the better actor, but Enola Holmes convinced me of MBB’s ability. However, I just finished ST4 and I think the Eleven character is being made to do the exact same thing as before and I don’t know if there’s much else she can do different.

Profile picture
    Nuebert
    Topics:

While The Massacre at Hawkins Lab was amazing and reveals everything in a really entertaining way, I feel like Dear Billy is the standout episode of this season. Kinda reminds me of Ozymandias and Felina a few years ago. The last few minutes in Dear Billy was one of the most exhilarating moments of television this year, up there with The We We Are. I’m gonna need the academy to nominate the directing and Sadie Sink. Maybe they will just stick to the old face, i.e. Millie, but maybe the high visibility and the close-to-voting date will help her get that nomination. Hopefully the music supervision can win too, although TMMM and Russian Doll might give it a tough fight.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.