Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 521 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Aniston also reminds me of Kidman. I agree with everything that’s being said here, but I will still predict her.

My NGNG is that Zendaya will be left off the cut for Juliette Lewis, who will benefit from being next to Lynskey in the ballots.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I can see Zendaya being snubbed. Linney is probably the only “lock”.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:
    GD
    Topics:

I want Stranger Things 4 in every category cause it’s SO good.

Natalia Dyer should be nominated in lead. She’s outstanding and the MVP.

Brown, Sink, Ryder, Harbour, Hawke and Bower deserve supporting nominations too.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Natalie Dyer and Joe Keery are the unsung heroes of Stranger Things.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

I want Stranger Things 4 in every category cause it’s SO good. Natalia Dyer should be nominated in lead. She’s outstanding and the MVP. Brown, Sink, Ryder, Harbour, Hawke and Bower deserve supporting nominations too.

I finally finished and agree that there is some outstanding acting. I could do without Brown/Eleven’s storyline entirely, including the acting & the endless scenes, but the Hawkins/Upside Down crews especially are really all superb. And Ryder, I will always love her.

For nominations, the problem might be that so many young actors are great – yes, there’s an unlimited ballot, but it’s not quite like GOT where the characters are totally distinct and unique. I don’t think they’ve built up the years of complex character or goodwill in the way that Sansa and Arya Stark had, for example. The most distinct is still Brown/Eleven, even though I don’t think her performance is best, at ALL.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Call me crazy (and I know I am), but I think Stranger Things 4 is a dark horse to win Drama Series. Even after two weeks, the buzz is still pretty high right now.

Profile picture
    samy.chrr
    Topics:

Call me crazy (and I know I am), but I think Stranger Things 4 is a dark horse to win Drama Series. Even after two weeks, the buzz is still pretty high right now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if ST4 has a double-digit nomination haul or if it wins Directing for Dear Billy, but a Drama Series win would be pretty shocking.

Profile picture
    Mimikadd1
    Topics:

Every new post here is more delusional than the previous one lately.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Call me crazy (and I know I am),

Someone admits that their opinion is probably on the fringe and yet multiple people jump in calling them delusional… just disagree politely, geez.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I actually didn’t see the “I know I am” part. Sorry. 🤡🤭

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The thing is though. Stranger Things has always buzzy for a month or so every time it drops a season. The hype being closer to voting than it has ever been before will help it over-perform compared to its past performances in the nominations round of voting and cement it as a top 5 contender in series but once we get to the final stage of voting in August, I’d be surprised if ends up performing any better above the line than The Handmaid’s Tale did last year.

If we do have an upset in series I’d actually keep an eye on it being from Severance because it’s the only show that seems to have enough broad support going into this nominations round of voting to upend a frontrunner entering this stage as strong as Succession is and is the most critically acclaimed series to air of the year thus far. Obviously still predicting Succession to win in series for now but if Severance comes close to matching it on nominations morning in spite of having had less time to grow, I might make the switch. I also don’t think it’s impossible for Severance to win the drama prize at TCA.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I don’t think many people would pick Stranger Things to beat Succession, Severance or Squid Game but it is looking very promising for a series nomination with the rest of the season dropping in early July giving it a further boost and extend its ‘buzzy period” especially when all the characters presumably reunite in Hawkins. Two extremely strong additions to the cast (Joseph Quinn and Jamie Campbell Bower) have also elevated the acting overall imo.

Also Winona did this amazing thing with her face in one scene with Murray and Yuri, and I replayed it about a dozen times, she’s so great.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If there is to be a populist Netflix pick that wins Series or overperforms, I’ll put my money on Squid Game and not Stranger Things, owing to the landmark nature, strong SAG performance, diversity and freshness over Stranger Things. If Succession and Ozark vote splits and considering that someone said here that one of the most foolish decisions Netflix isn’t submitting Gganbu for Directing, “Dear Billy” is a compelling choice yet I believe Ben Stiller would prevail in that case, not only due to the strength, pedigree, industry respect and acclaim of the show but also because I’m quite convinced/bullish that if Dear Billy is getting nominated for Directing, so are the Duffer brothers for Episode 7 which might lead to some measure of vote split.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.