Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 511 through 521 (of 521 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If there is to be a populist Netflix pick that wins Series or overperforms, I’ll put my money on Squid Game and not Stranger Things, owing to the landmark nature, strong SAG performance, diversity and freshness over Stranger Things. If Succession and Ozark vote splits and considering that someone said here that one of the most foolish decisions Netflix isn’t submitting Gganbu for Directing, “Dear Billy” is a compelling choice yet I believe Ben Stiller would prevail in that case, not only due to the strength, pedigree, industry respect and acclaim of the show but also because I’m quite convinced/bullish that if Dear Billy is getting nominated for Directing, so are the Duffer brothers for Episode 7 which might lead to some measure of vote split.

ADD: “Red Light Green Light ” is also a highly recognisable, acclaimed and iconic episode , so there’s a strong possibility of it winning under the circumstances mentioned by me even if it’s not THE episode of the show

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    HayleyGoelzer
    Topics:

If we do have an upset in series I’d actually keep an eye on it being from Severance because it’s the only show that seems to have enough broad support going into this nominations round of voting to upend a frontrunner entering this stage as strong as Succession is and is the most critically acclaimed series to air of the year thus far. Obviously still predicting Succession to win in series for now but if Severance comes close to matching it on nominations morning in spite of having had less time to grow, I might make the switch. I also don’t think it’s impossible for Severance to win the drama prize at TCA.

This is all so fascinating. This is the first awards season I’ve ever really followed, and I love reading every post.
    I’ll go ahead and give up my anonymity since the screen name they gave me (that I can’t change) pretty much does it anyway. I’m Severance creator/writer/executive producer Dan Erickson’s sister. Obviously, I have significant bias towards Severance in every possible way. It’s been hard to gauge how well it’s going to do at the Emmys, as some lists have it pretty high up, while others have it barely making it at all. So I love hearing people’s thoughts. I also have pretty significant interest in the Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series category, of course. None of the published lists I read have anything about that category, so I guess we’ll just have to patiently wait on egg shells and see! There are obviously a million incredible and deserving shows out there. Still rooting for Dan and everything/everyone Severance though! 😀

Thanks for all the insight for this awards circuit newbie!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m Severance creator/writer/executive producer Dan Erickson’s sister

Wow, if that’s true send him my congrats for making one of the best shows this season.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This is all so fascinating. This is the first awards season I’ve ever really followed, and I love reading every post. I’ll go ahead and give up my anonymity since the screen name they gave me (that I can’t change) pretty much does it anyway. I’m Severance creator/writer/executive producer Dan Erickson’s sister. Obviously, I have significant bias towards Severance in every possible way. It’s been hard to gauge how well it’s going to do at the Emmys, as some lists have it pretty high up, while others have it barely making it at all. So I love hearing people’s thoughts. I also have pretty significant interest in the Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series category, of course. None of the published lists I read have anything about that category, so I guess we’ll just have to patiently wait on egg shells and see! There are obviously a million incredible and deserving shows out there. Still rooting for Dan and everything/everyone Severance though! 😀 Thanks for all the insight for this awards circuit newbie!

Welcome to the forums 🙂 !

There rarely is insight in the predicting world into the writing categories at the Emmys (I think this is the only site I’ve ever come across where they are discussed in depth). Part of that is due to the fact that until we get ballots for these categories that are based on technical achievement (i.e. essentially any category that isn’t an acting one) we don’t really have much information on say how many episodes a show submits. Part of that is due to the reluctance in the prognosticating world to recognise the category’s importance. Personally speaking I find it the most interesting category not only because it tends to be the most important when it comes to a show going on to win series (recent trends have shown that whilst you can win series without winning in writing, you can’t win without getting nominated in writing) but also because television is the writing medium when it comes to really putting on a production and I just have admiration for people who are able to create/writing something really special out of it at breakneck speed.

Profile picture
    HayleyGoelzer
    Topics:

Wow, if that’s true send him my congrats for making one of the best shows this season.

Thanks for the kind words! I’ll pass them along!

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

This is all so fascinating. This is the first awards season I’ve ever really followed, and I love reading every post. I’ll go ahead and give up my anonymity since the screen name they gave me (that I can’t change) pretty much does it anyway. I’m Severance creator/writer/executive producer Dan Erickson’s sister. Obviously, I have significant bias towards Severance in every possible way. It’s been hard to gauge how well it’s going to do at the Emmys, as some lists have it pretty high up, while others have it barely making it at all. So I love hearing people’s thoughts. I also have pretty significant interest in the Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series category, of course. None of the published lists I read have anything about that category, so I guess we’ll just have to patiently wait on egg shells and see! There are obviously a million incredible and deserving shows out there. Still rooting for Dan and everything/everyone Severance though! 😀 Thanks for all the insight for this awards circuit newbie!

We love Severance round these parts!

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    HayleyGoelzer
    Topics:

Welcome to the forums 🙂 ! There rarely is insight in the predicting world into the writing categories at the Emmys (I think this is the only site I’ve ever come across where they are discussed in depth). Part of that is due to the fact that until we get ballots for these categories that are based on technical achievement (i.e. essentially any category that isn’t an acting one) we don’t really have much information on say how many episodes a show submits. Part of that is due to the reluctance in the prognosticating world to recognise the category’s importance. Personally speaking I find it the most interesting category not only because it tends to be the most important when it comes to a show going on to win series (recent trends have shown that whilst you can win series without winning in writing, you can’t win without getting nominated in writing) but also because television is the writing medium when it comes to really putting on a production and I just have admiration for people who are able to create/writing something really special out of it at breakneck speed.

Thanks, Wolfali! I’m in awe of your (and many other poster’s) vast knowledge! Amazing!

I totally agree! Dan and I are very close, and I watched him (and many others!) go through the writing/creation process for season one of Severance…it’s no joke! Without that process there wouldn’t be a show, and it’s incredibly complex and difficult. With the success of the first season of Severance, I would imagine that it’s even more complex now given the pressure to not disappoint the amazing fans of the show. So yeah, having watched that process from a front row seat, I’m glad there is a category devoted to it! I know Dan (and/or anyone else they may have submitted for other episode(s) is up against some pretty stiff competition. Being nominated alone would be an absolute dream given that the guy was delivering for Postmates (where he had a bad rating, lol) just a few years ago.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

This is all so fascinating. This is the first awards season I’ve ever really followed, and I love reading every post.
    I’ll go ahead and give up my anonymity since the screen name they gave me (that I can’t change) pretty much does it anyway. I’m Severance creator/writer/executive producer Dan Erickson’s sister. Obviously, I have significant bias towards Severance in every possible way. It’s been hard to gauge how well it’s going to do at the Emmys, as some lists have it pretty high up, while others have it barely making it at all. So I love hearing people’s thoughts. I also have pretty significant interest in the Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series category, of course. None of the published lists I read have anything about that category, so I guess we’ll just have to patiently wait on egg shells and see! There are obviously a million incredible and deserving shows out there. Still rooting for Dan and everything/everyone Severance though! 😀

Thanks for all the insight for this awards circuit newbie!

The belief amongst many is that the writing category this year is coming down to two episodes. Either, “The We We Are” from Severance and “All the Bells Say” from Succession.

Writing is my favorite category every year and is probably the category I am best at predicting through the past 15-20 years(both at Emmys and The Oscars). My personal pick for writing is “The We We Are” but even if they decided not to submit it and went with the Pilot instead (as many shows have a tendency to do) I still think that would be nominated and competitive to win. But I would feel less confident about it.

That said, I also know nothing so I could be completely wrong. But I think most of us would be shocked if Severance didn’t get at least one episode nominated in writing. I’m currently predicting 2-3 episodes breaking through in writing depending on how and what they submit. But I am an unabashed stan for the show.

Profile picture
    HayleyGoelzer
    Topics:

The belief amongst many is that the writing category this year is coming down to two episodes. Either, “The We We Are” from Severance and “All the Bells Say” from Succession. Writing is my favorite category every year and is probably the category I am best at predicting through the past 15-20 years(both at Emmys and The Oscars). My personal pick for writing is “The We We Are” but even if they decided not to submit it and went with the Pilot instead (as many shows have a tendency to do) I still think that would be nominated and competitive to win. But I would feel less confident about it. That said, I also know nothing so I could be completely wrong. But I think most of us would be shocked if Severance didn’t get at least one episode nominated in writing. I’m currently predicting 2-3 episodes breaking through in writing depending on how and what they submit. But I am an unabashed stan for the show.

Nice! I am also a COMPLETELY unabashed stan for the show, so it’s good to know I have company outside of like, my parents and our other brother. 🤣

I do know what was submitted for Severance, but of course I need to keep that tightly under my hat. Looking forward to being able to talk about it on the 16th!

I’m embarrassed to say that I haven’t seen any of this season of Succession, but of course I’ve heard all the amazing things and I thought past seasons were excellent!

We shall see! Again, nomination(s) would be incredible alone. And I don’t just say that because that would mean I’d probably get to go, haha.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Someone admits that their opinion is probably on the fringe and yet multiple people jump in calling them delusional… just disagree politely, geez.

Wow, somebody actually got upset because I said ST4 is a dark horse for Drama Series. So shocking since people actually read around here.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 11 posts - 511 through 521 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.