Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 521 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Nine Perfect Strangers was so bad though. I wanted to like it but it just never happened.

The show was IMHO pretty terrible but I did think McCarthy was the best part of it.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

If you had to chose one person in this category who is too low in the current odds, who would it be?

I think mostly everyone is relatively well-placed, given the strengths of their shows and also taking into account users who haven’t updated their predictions in months and the admins removing and adding contenders every week. However, if I did have to pick I’d say: Kelly Reilly and Reese Witherspoon in Actress,  Patricia Arquette and Julianna Margulies in Supporting Actress, and Park Hae-soo, David Harbour, Chris Sullivan, and Mark Duplass in Supporting Actor.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

”Beyond TV ratings, the finale also generated 1.5 million social media interactions across platforms including Twitter and Instagram, the most of any scripted series finale of the season, NBC added.”

Keep in mind the school shooting happened within hours of the finale, so if social media had been distracted, it would have been understandable.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

If you had to chose one person in this category who is too low in the current odds, who would it be?

Chris Sullivan being #13 is hilarious.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

The show was IMHO pretty terrible but I did think McCarthy was the best part of it.

I vaguely remember her and Cannavale’s interactions being tolerable at times,

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

Chris Sullivan being #13 is hilarious.

I TOTALLY AGREE! Chris Sullivan should literally be top 5 for sure. He’s definitely in.

In fact all of the “This is Us” rankings are far too low. It should be at least top 6 for Drama Series. Mandy Moore is easily top 3…. Plus Brown will definitely get another nom…

Now personally, I’d also put Juertas, Metz, Hartley and Kalechi-Watson much higher in the odds to boot. I’m just a little confused where Ventimiglia will end up (Lead or Supporting), so a little hard to gage the over all odds. But I would say he’d be top 10 for either category at the least as well.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Nine Perfect Strangers was so bad though. I wanted to like it but it just never happened.

The reason I would have nominated Hall and McCarthy if I had a ballot is only because they were the saving graces of the show which was Meh.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I think it was JV (not sure) who pointed out that an actor who’s won an individual Drama SAG for a Supporting performance has never lost the Emmy.

Not true. Both Oh and Wilson didn’t win for Grey’s. Technically, even Smith doesn’t count since she won the SAG for S3.

..unless you are talking about wins under the current system. Though all of them (Lithgow, Dinklage, Anderson) were considered locks by this point and barely had anyone strong enough to challenge them. Not exactly a strong precedent for HoYeon but I am leaning more and more towards her with each passing day. This season of Ozark was kind of a non-event, relatively to S3 at least. Garner skipping a season probably helps the voters to move on to someone fresh this time.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Drama King wrote:
    Genuine question – can you deservingly overperform? Like, is the idea of overperforming in the context of these boards that (a) the show is doing better than the quality warrants or (b) the show is doing better than experts and/or GD predicted?

It’s usually (b) but sometimes it can also be (a). Case in point, last year’s Emmys. The Handmaid’s Tale getting that buckload of acting nominations was more of (b) while Hamilton getting so many acting nominations was more of (a) along with (b).

Thanks for answering, that makes sense – but wish everyone was referring to one or the other, ha, and (b) makes more sense to me as a productive way to use the word, and is less subjective. And I guess it can be both at once, too, so maybe (b) is always involved.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I underestimated Julia Garner twice and regretted it so I’m not doing it again when she delivered her best performance this final season, but I understand why some of you are predicting Jung Ho-yeon.

Poor Sarah Snook. Remember last year when some of us thought she still had a chance?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Tawny Cypress in Drama Actress for Yellowjackets (19th in the odds).

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Not exactly a strong precedent for HoYeon but I am leaning more and more towards her with each passing day. This season of Ozark was kind of a non-event, relatively to S3 at least. Garner skipping a season probably helps the voters to move on to someone fresh this time.

Do you think there’s a chance Julia Garner is penalised by some voters this time around for being a defacto Lead, more than ever? In such tight races like these, such minor voter trends might end up making the difference.

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Do you think there’s a chance Julia Garner is penalised by some voters this time around for being a defacto Lead, more than ever? In such tight races like these, such minor voter trends might end up making the difference.

I don’t think most of the voters care about this, to be honest.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I don’t think most of the voters care about this, to be honest.

True, that’s why I specified “some voters” and “minor voting trends”.

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

True, that’s why I specified “some voters” and “minor voting trends”.

I think weird placement is becoming a trend but at this point, probably not, especially given it’s the category she’s always been in.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.