Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 521 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I actually do think Sarah Snook still has a chance. She’s no lower than top three and she’s in the Series frontrunner. I just think if she was winning, she would have beaten Jung at SAG, but I still think she’s win-competitive on the virtue of how strong Succession seems to be.

I think she’s not impossible, particularly if the category ends up having other young performers who might be playing to the same demo as Hoyeon.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Another day another article

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Mandalorian will return on February 2023.

Profile picture
    Stretchy
    Topics:

Not Netflix submitting Squid Game finale for Writing…smh.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Yikes. With so many better episodes… and the worst is that it will probably be nominated.

Profile picture
    Stretchy
    Topics:

Oh It will be, but Episode could won IMO. But now that’s out of the question.

Edit: *Episode 6

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

when they have Gganbu right there as well

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

So what’s happening with Stranger things can someone clarify for me? Since the eligibility period ends May 31st that means that Volume 1 of season 4 will be eligible, but nothing from Volume 2 will be eligible until next year since it is being released in July?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

So what’s happening with Stranger things can someone clarify for me? Since the eligibility period ends May 31st that means that Volume 1 of season 4 will be eligible, but nothing from Volume 2 will be eligible until next year since it is being released in July?

Correct. Below the line categories only, no actors or series. Two episodes doesn’t meet the definition of series for an established show (it’s six for new and three for established)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Well, in that case, it better get snubbed lmao. That finale was an absolute mess. “Gganbu” was literally right there. 💀

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

And them not submitting Gong Yoo to Guest Actor either.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

And them not submitting Gong Yoo to Guest Actor either.

They’re not submitting Kim Young-ok either, which is kinda baffling and surprising.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Weird parallel among the three best drama series this season (in my opinion: Succesion, Better Call Saul, Severance). Strong openings, middle episodes that potentially underwhelm but not enough for anyone to really doubt the series quality, then finales that absolutely blow the roof off the house.

Very good observation, I agree on all three cases, but I never realized that they have that in common. This fact makes the realm MVP among the drama series – This is us – even better since everyone agrees that there was not a single weak episode.

I do agree though that Succession, Better Call Saul and Severance are the best after that and I really fear that Severance won’t make it. It is incredibly crowded…

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

They’re not submitting Kim Young-ok either, which is kinda baffling and surprising.

The thing with Squid Game though is it was never a “planned” Emmy submission, so who and what is submitted is probably collaborative and done retrospectively as opposed to likely literally in US contracts.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Mandalorian will return on February 2023.

We need a 2023 thread. Too much content will already be flooded in June/July.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.