Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 521 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

We need a 2023 thread. Too much content will already be flooded in June/July.

They populate on 1 June. For what it’s worth, I am keeping track of release dates that have already been announced so I’ll just cut and paste when they open. They’ll probably be deleted if we start before then, though.

Because all of the competing new IP shows have basically necessitated a GoT S8 style blockout period (probably mid August to October) for everything else, a lot of things are being pre-dated very early.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

We need a 2023 thread. Too much content will already be flooded in June/July.

Yeah, I’m ready to start talking about next season ATP.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah, I’m ready to start talking about next season ATP.

2022 is starting to break my brain (especially in limited).

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

67 for stranger things now. i wonder how the supersuper length extra 2 episodes will impact awards chances.

will it keep its usual sound editing win or nah?

Profile picture
    FNLlove
    Topics:

Sorry if this has been answered, but when will we be able to see what’s on the nomination round ballot? Or will we? Dying to know what was submitted!

Side comment: I’ve been seeing a mixed bag on whether or not Severance will be nominated for Series (crazy to me that it’s a question!) but I’ve seen pretty consistent predictions for directing and writing from the show. Many even have it winning those categories. Could Severance be competitive in directing/writing without a Series nom?

Profile picture
    nat1612
    Topics:

More reviews are up on RT which currently has 88% fresh, or an average critic score of 8/10. So I think that’s pretty good. This is line with previous seasons which were 8.1, 7.9 & 7.9 respectively.

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

67 for stranger things now. i wonder how the supersuper length extra 2 episodes will impact awards chances.

I don’t really think they’re likely to, they’re not necessarily stating it’s a struggle to get through, they undercurrent is as reviewers, they’re frustrated, which probably has more to do with the time of the season this is.

Plus there’s a bit of “blah blah blah Netflix bloat” rhetoric that is kind of unfair given there are plenty of series who have done similar on all platforms (cough cough Hulu).

ST is more likely to get in based on previous support and/or the competition (i.e a weaker BTL slate than previous years) I think.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Has anyone watched Outer Range? (I have not, but my uncle and neigbour inform me that they like it and Josh Brolin in it.)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Sorry if this has been answered, but when will we be able to see what’s on the nomination round ballot? Or will we? Dying to know what was submitted!

I can’t remember when they post it (maybe when voting starts?) but normally it is public for a short period of time (it is irritatingly hard to locate previous years ballots).

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

The ballots are going up on June 16th this year. (Page 10.)

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Squid Game will dominate omg ❤

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Supporting actor is giving me a headache. Between four Succession guys (albeit I think Ruck is a better chance than Braun this year) and two BCS guys (disclaimer I’ve never watched the show), Crudup, and the fact that I’ve got Turturro in at 100/1 and he’s now 20/1 …. something about David Harbour, Owen Wilson and Chris Sullivan is eating away at me. I have Stranger Things in series but no actors. I have Mandy Moore in actress but TIU missing in series. I don’t have Loki for anything ATL – could Wilson get in if Hiddelston doesn’t? They are both movie stars but Wilson has the benefit of novelty in this role. It’s impossible to say which of these shows will be most popular among voters and whether the actors can coast on BTL support for their series. The Squid Game supporting actors are non-starters for me.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Netflix has gone full-throttle with their promotions for Stranger Things. Next to impossible for an academy voter to miss its presence this season. It is getting that series nomination for sure.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Netflix has gone full-throttle with their promotions for Stranger Things. Next to impossible for an academy voter to miss its presence this season. It is getting that series nomination for sure.

Yep

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.