Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 437 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
14 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

(and Linney)

This robbery still hurts.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

When she gets nominated >>>>

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When she gets nominated >>>>

Whilst I do consider Lower supporting on Severance I’m glad in a sense that she’s gone lead because I wouldn’t know who to root for to win between her, Seehorn and Snook lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

It obviously doesn’t mean anything Emmy wise but I find it fascinating nonetheless how the television critics are enthusiastically pushing The Good Fight quite hard as we get into voting which didn’t really feel like it was the case with the end of year lists (where it felt overshadowed by Evil, which The Good Fight has since gotten in over at TCA).

I think the recent final season announcement lit a fire under people to get the series proper recognition, whereas that wasn’t the case during list season.

Vis-à-vis Emmys, I wonder if they will be another concentrated effort from trades/pundits for the final season/Baranski, similar to recent pushes for Pose/Rodriguez and This Is Us/Moore. Although the latter two did the advantage of their final seasons airing final hurdle of the Emmy cycle so that obviously helped their chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think the recent final season announcement lit a fire under people to get the series proper recognition, whereas that wasn’t the case during list season.

That makes sense.

Either way I’m not complaining! It’s still saddening that it’s quite likely that the show gets shut out again even though this season, imo, is up there with season 5 of The Good Wife in quality in the King universe.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:
    Victor
    Topics:

Weird, Deadline says that Drama and Comedy Series will have 10 slots and not the fixed 8.

“With some Reservation Dogs, Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, the now-concluded Grace & Frankie, Better Things and Black-ish in the game, we also throw down over who will fill the 10 slots in the Outstanding Comedy Series category. Among the potential 10 nominations in Outstanding Drama Series, we name names with Succession, Better Call Saul, Ozark, Yellowjackets and Squid Game as near certainties to get nods when the noms are revealed July 12”

TV Talk Podcast: As Emmy Nominations Voting Continues, Here Are Our Final Predictions

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Deadline says that Drama and Comedy Series will have 10 slots and not the fixed 8.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Weird, Deadline says that Drama and Comedy Series will have 10 slots and not the fixed 8.

I think they’re think of the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

If for some reason Succession loses Drama Series, I hope it’s to Severance. No other choice will be the right one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

eh, between the whiteman centered show and the whiteman centered show, i go with neither. #SquidGame.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

eh, between the whiteman centered show and the whiteman centered show, i go with neither. #SquidGame.

If you can’t see that Succession and Severance are critiques of the same man as Squid Game, I can’t help you.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Deadline has been saying the 10 slots for Comedy and Drama on their podcast too but they are just wrong I believe. Which is no surprise.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huncrweo
    Topics:

I can’t speak for Severance as I haven’t gotten around to it yet, but Succession‘s whole reason to exist being to criticise rich, arrogant white men (& women) kind of cancels out the lack of diversity in the cast IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

If you can’t see that Succession and Severance are critiques of the same man as Squid Game, I can’t help you.

They’re all searing critiques of capitalism. And all from very different angles. Which is why they are all good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 437 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.