Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    HayleyGoelzer
    Topics:

If someone can’t see/understand the excitement of this moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1sxYGdUr0 then I agree that they can’t help me. But perhaps the representation and energy that the likes of Jesse Armstrong, Dan Erickson, Ben Stiller, or Mark Mylod bring is the apotheosis of what they consider important in entertainment and life.

As Dan Erickson’s sister I was going to respond to this, but won’t.
    I know Dan for the person he is (a person who would stand right beside you in fighting for representation) and that’s all that matters.

Profile picture
    HayleyGoelzer
    Topics:

What do we think of the final Feinberg Forecast?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2022-emmy-predictions-feinberg-forecast-1235171864/amp/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

What do we think of the final Feinberg Forecast?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2022-emmy-predictions-feinberg-forecast-1235171864/amp/

*BEST DRAMA SERIES*

Projected Nominees (alphabetically)
    Better Call Saul (AMC)
    Ozark (Netflix)
    Severance (Apple)
    Squid Game (Netflix)
    Stranger Things (Netflix)
    Succession (HBO)
    This Is Us (NBC)
    Yellowstone (Paramount)

I have the same 8, overall i think they’re good.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

*BEST DRAMA SERIES* Projected Nominees (alphabetically) Better Call Saul (AMC) Ozark (Netflix) Severance (Apple) Squid Game (Netflix) Stranger Things (Netflix) Succession (HBO) This Is Us (NBC) Yellowstone (Paramount) I have the same 8, overall i think they’re good.

My exact 8, as well. Never thought I’d agree with Scott Feinberg.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Outside of his Supporting Actor picks and the absence of Aniston I think these are good predictions overall and they’re mostly on line on what I’ve been predicting.

Interesting to note that:

Clayton Davis is not predicting Better Call Saul in Series.
    Feinberg is not predicting Bob Odenkirk.

I think they’re both onto something.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Clayton Davis is not predicting Better Call Saul in Series. Feinberg is not predicting Bob Odenkirk.

I don’t have either 👀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve never had Odenkirk in for actor. If he couldn’t make it in over people like Brown and Carell last time round for a season he had much more buzz for then why is he going to make it in this time round over performers in much stronger series contenders and Brown and Bateman’s final seasons?

I do have Better Call Saul in for series though.

Profile picture
    HayleyGoelzer
    Topics:

Outside of his Supporting Actor picks and the absence of Aniston I think these are good predictions overall and they’re mostly on line on what I’ve been predicting. Interesting to note that: Clayton Davis is not predicting Better Call Saul in Series. Feinberg is not predicting Bob Odenkirk. I think they’re both onto something.

Interesting though, isn’t Davis predicting Odenkirk for the WIN in drama actor? He definitely was at one point.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I’ve never had Odenkirk in for actor. If he couldn’t make it in over people like Brown and Carell last time round for a season he had much more buzz for then why is he going to make it in this time round over performers in much stronger series contenders and Brown and Bateman’s final seasons?

I do have Better Call Saul in for series though.

I actually took him out briefly too a few months back for the same reasons you mentioned but then a few people here mentioned how he had that heart attack while filming and it seems like it created a lot of goodwill towards him that now it seem a little odd if they didn’t nominate him so and I tend to agree.

Also, he did finally just get his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Not that is super important but it feels like confirmation of the continued outpouring of goodwill in Hollywood for him.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I think Odenkirk will be back for a final nomination next year. I’m not predicting him this year, but I’m predicting series and Esposito.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Interesting though, isn’t Davis predicting Odenkirk for the WIN in drama actor? He definitely was at one point.

He has Strong winning.

I think that Odenkirk and Saul are both in, if they are not, they will not be next year either.

Profile picture
    TV_Lover
    Topics:

Feinberg is still overpredicting for Severance & Succession for acting noms, & maybe Yellowjackets too. And then zero for Killing Eve, the Morning Show, and only Zendaya for Euphoria? I just don’t see it. I guess it’s possible 3-4 shows will take almost all the acting nominations, but seems unlikely. As I think has been noted before, Feinberg’s picks are missing the shows that more women tend to watch. Except Yellowjackets, I guess.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Outside of his Supporting Actor picks and the absence of Aniston I think these are good predictions overall and they’re mostly on line on what I’ve been predicting.

Interesting to note that:

Clayton Davis is not predicting Better Call Saul in Series.
    Feinberg is not predicting Bob Odenkirk.

I think they’re both onto something.

Both are definitely on the verge of missing, it just depends on if they have really embraced the newbies (I’m including Yellowstone here) and the final season of This Is Us. Currently having the show in and Yellowjackets out. I still have Odenkirk in my predictions but I think I’ll finally drop him for Scott soon. Although I think it’s still possible Severance is the type of show the acting branch takes more time to get on board compared to the directors and the writers and it doesn’t get anything in the acting categories except name check Arquette.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Off-topic but Mythic Quest still being one of the most popular/in-demand Apple shows of the last three months is really surprising.

Given that they haven’t aired new episodes in over year, I assume it’s a show where new subscribers start watching it to make the most out of their subscription.

Could be something to watch out in the near future to have a potential Everybody Loves Raymond/Schitt’s Creek/Cobra Kai moment.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.