Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Both are definitely on the verge of missing, it just depends on if they have really embraced the newbies (I’m including Yellowstone here) and the final season of This Is Us. Currently having the show in and Yellowjackets out. I still have Odenkirk in my predictions but I think I’ll finally drop him for Scott soon. Although I think it’s still possible Severance is the type of show the acting branch takes more time to get on board compared to the directors and the writers and it doesn’t get anything in the acting categories except name check Arquette.

This is quite literally where I am with my predictions, down to the very last detail, except I’m considering adding Turturro, as well.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I’m on the verge of taking Odenkirk out for Scott.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

What do we think of the final Feinberg Forecast? https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2022-emmy-predictions-feinberg-forecast-1235171864/amp/

1) I seriously doubt Yellowjackets gets 2 Lead nods without a Drama Series nomination.

2) No Janelle James, not even as an alternate or potential surprise is also weird. Ava is the most popular character there and her TCA nod proves she has support.

3) I know this is the Drama thread but having Leto in without Hathaway seems wrong, especially because all the talk has been about her. No one cares for Leto.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I still think Odenkirk is almost a lock with the goodwill from his recovery from the heart attack. If Adam Scott gets in, I think Jason Bateman could be out.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

1) I seriously doubt Yellowjackets gets 2 Lead nods without a Drama Series nomination.

Yeah, the reality is if they have any shot they basically have to get three actresses(and writing too probably). I am only predicting two but still predicting series(and writing even if I don’t think it’s the best written episode of the series). But this place has done a good job of getting me to second guess it.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I still think Odenkirk is almost a lock with the goodwill from his recovery from the heart attack. If Adam Scott gets in, I think Jason Bateman could be out.

Narratives don’t work much when it comes to the Television Academy. Kathryn Joosten lost to Julie Bowen despite having passed away. Julia Louis-Dreyfus had a massive momentum in 2019 due to it being the final season of Veep and her having battled cancer, yet they Academy went with Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Narratives might influence the decisions and voting habits of some voters but the choice/voting is largely based on what an individual voter has liked and the performance itself and not on narratives.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Narratives don’t work much when it comes to the Television Academy. Kathryn Joosten lost to Julie Bowen despite having passed away. Julia Louis-Dreyfus had a massive momentum in 2019 due to it being the final season of Veep and her having battled cancer, yet they Academy went with Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Narratives might influence the decisions and voting habits of some voters but the choice/voting is largely based on what an individual voter has liked and the performance itself and not on narratives.

I think both of your examples are pretty specious in comparison to the Odenkirk situation.

JLD had already won 1 or 2 Emmys post cancer diagnosis and announced remission during voting after she’d already won a bazillion times.

And I don’t even know what show Joosten was up for when she died but I guarantee it was not as iconic or revered as Saul in any conceivable way.

His narrative is more that he’s been an under-appreciated actor giving a marvelous performance and playing an iconic character and we almost lost him before he could finish telling the end of this story he’s now devoted a good chunk of his life to.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Don’t try to reason with String Cheese Theory. They’re a White Feminist obsessed with slandering Zendaya and their next subject seems to be Squid Game. The disconnect between GD and the general public is amusing considering Squid Game was a phenomenon and is beloved even by the industry judging by its two SAG wins.

While it’s flattering to be stalked, your forum activity is full of alarm bells, red flags and cries for help. You’re a white Jew, I’m a white Jew, it’s such a tell that you think being a feminist is an insult; $100 on you being no kind of feminist at all but thinking white feminist is a sledge, because you hate women, especially white ones, while you cosplay as POC and appropriate AAVE.

For the record, critiquing HoYeon Jung’s acting, the final episode or the VIP episode of Squid Game is far from hating the show (i like everything else about it) and is incredibly mainstream opinion. I suppose when you make snark and bitchiness your whole personality, everything seems a catastrophe in broad strokes (a mental ill health indicator).

Atlanta was fantastic and you’re imagining that i had any negative response whatsoever aside from prognostication.

Zendaya and Euphoria and the whole cast is rubbish and she created a single episode of bait to keep climbing. I also heaped major criticism on The Flight Attendant, Hacks, Maid, a bunch of other shows and all the comic book adaptations.

I am pretty sick of the men on GD who think just bc you’re queer that being a bitch is your birth right.

And fwiw, Squid Game, Succession and Severance are literally telling the same story (a good thing) and if you can’t see that Succession casting white people has a purpose, it’s probably a bit sophisticated for you.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

drama

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I never had Odenkirk in my predictions and have Adam Scott at 100/1 odds.
    I hope it pays out.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

That tirade!! Phew.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Kathryn Joosten from Desperate Housewives was an interesting case because she was a two-time Emmy winner for her work in Desperate Housewives and received four nominations overall. Kathryn was also the Governor of the Television Academy’s Performers Peer Group for two terms and was in the middle of her third term when she passed away. I thought that she might have a chance of winning.

Phil Hartman was nominated for Supporting Actor in a Comedy for NewsRadio and lost to David Hyde Pierce. At that time, I did not know if Phil’s goodwill from his work on SNL and his passing would help him win the Emmy.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Calling Zendaya, Ho-Yeon, Qualley and any popular girls rubbish was a bit condescending IMO.

But again, String Cheese already convinced herself that those girls sucks and no matter what they did, even pulling some Heath Ledger kind of thing, wont ever impress her. Fine

(although dear String Cheese, dont be surprised if anyone coming after you in these forums to tell you you’re wrong, thats expected :D)

But her criticism for Euphoria is valid (Especially S2) the season was all over the place, the whole thing that made S1 is great are missing. Dont act like Euphoria are the saint of Teen TV Show because.. well they’re not.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

String Cheese spilled about Euphoria S2. It’s a load of misogynistic bullshit and I’m sorry to those who can’t recognize that. I’m frankly baffled that Sydney Sweeney has supporters for that performance when her material is so gross and offensive and all she did was ham it up (that scene with her yelling at Nate might be some of the cringiest acting I’ve seen this year). Sam Levinson deserves for the entire show to be shut out because ew. Zendaya is also so overrated. She shouts and screams in one ep and suddenly everyone thinks she should win a second when she shouldn’t have even won a first. I really dont understand how anyone could support Euphoria S2.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I am very late to the party but I just finished the new season of stranger things and I think Massacre at Hawkins lab and Dear Billy are not just the best episodes of the entire series but arguably some of the best episodes of any television show this year. I simply cannot resist predicting Jamie Campbell Bower and Sadie Sink for delivering two of the best performances I have ever seen on the show. Sadie Sink was exceptional in Dear Billy and I still can’t find the right words to describe how utterly brilliant and amazing Jamie Campbell was in Massacre at Hawkins lab, I mean the transformation, the stunning monologue that kept me on edge and literally everything he did- Give him the nomination and if he is somehow eligible for guest, He should win by a landslide. I will have no problem with Massacre at Hawkins lab winning eithetr directing or writing.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.