Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Calling Zendaya, Ho-Yeon, Qualley and any popular girls rubbish was a bit condescending IMO. But again, String Cheese already convinced herself that those girls sucks and no matter what they did, even pulling some Heath Ledger kind of thing, wont ever impress her. Fine (although dear String Cheese, dont be surprised if anyone coming after you in these forums to tell you you’re wrong, thats expected :D) But her criticism for Euphoria is valid (Especially S2) the season was all over the place, the whole thing that made S1 is great are missing. Dont act like Euphoria are the saint of Teen TV Show because.. well they’re not.

I can’t be wrong because it’s just opinions 🙃 but I just wanted to point out to that schmuck out that me very lightly dismissing the performance of one (Korean) actor in a show where every other (Korean and Indian) actor, most writing, most direction i have praised, simply isn’t racism because i don’t love his fave, a pretty young woman.

This absolute descendant of the village idiots of Chelm, is obsessed with me being “racist” based on some PCP induced idea that I dismissed Abbott Elementary  (made minor comments about 4th wall but I heavily praised on here); dismissed Atlanta (see previous post above), targeted Zendaya alone (Sam Levinson was my main target but the whole thing is a dumpster fire. See: not worshipping at the emperor’s new altar of Zendayaism makes one rAciSt); meanwhile my favourite new show Severance I positively lampooned after the first episode.

Blind stanning some pop star- or model-turned actor, is a well documented sign of stroke.

Anyway – I’m due for a chuckle, I’m keen to know where you saw Heath Ledger performance in Euphoria. Or was it Andie MacDowells ham and cheese that impressed you?

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Mimikadd1
    Topics:

I can’t be wrong because it’s just opinions 🙃 but I just wanted to point out to that schmuck out that me very lightly dismissing the performance of one (Korean) actor in a show where every other (Korean and Indian) actor, most writing, most direction i have praised, simply isn’t racism because i don’t love his fave, a pretty young woman. This absolute descendant of the village idiots of Chelm, is obsessed with me being “racist” based on some PCP induced idea that I dismissed Abbott Elementary (made minor comments about 4th wall but I heavily praised on here); dismissed Atlanta (see previous post above), targeted Zendaya alone (Sam Levinson was my main target but the whole thing is a dumpster fire. See: not worshipping at the emperor’s new altar of Zendayaism makes one rAciSt); meanwhile my favourite new show Severance I positively lampooned after the first episode. Blind stanning some pop star- or model-turned actor, is a well documented sign of stroke.

You are such a miserable c*nt, like give it up already Karen.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Catch em all!

I am pretty sick of the men on GD who think just bc you’re queer that being a bitch is your birth right.

I love reading forum activity like yours. Bitch bitch hate hate snark snark all directed to women. Not one comment of anything you like, only what you hate.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I can’t be wrong because it’s just opinions 🙃 but I just wanted to point out to that schmuck out that me very lightly dismissing the performance of one (Korean) actor in a show where every other (Korean and Indian) actor, most writing, most direction i have praised, simply isn’t racism because i don’t love his fave, a pretty young woman. This absolute descendant of the village idiots of Chelm, is obsessed with me being “racist” based on some PCP induced idea that I dismissed Abbott Elementary (made minor comments about 4th wall but I heavily praised on here); dismissed Atlanta (see previous post above), targeted Zendaya alone (Sam Levinson was my main target but the whole thing is a dumpster fire. See: not worshipping at the emperor’s new altar of Zendayaism makes one rAciSt); meanwhile my favourite new show Severance I positively lampooned after the first episode. Blind stanning some pop star- or model-turned actor, is a well documented sign of stroke. Anyway – I’m due for a chuckle, I’m keen to know where you saw Heath Ledger performance in Euphoria. Or was it Andie MacDowells ham and cheese that impressed you?

The Heath Ledger thing was an hyperbole for no matter what they have to get through, even reaching Ledger’s kind of method acting, will never really impress you because your perspective already convince yourself that they’re suck no matter what they did behind or on front of the screen (I recalled you dunk on Zendaya for getting $11 Million Paycheck to star in Guadagdino’s tennis movie and essentially implying that she’s not talented enough to headline a movie on that salary).

I mean, even if they bleed (literally), hurt, and requiring therapy for how exhausting it is to deliver incredible work, you’ll just said they’re suck. Thats it, thats the point.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    bantigauti
    Topics:

The teen actors from yellow jackets (Sophie Neisse & thatcher, Sammi hanratty, jasmine brown & Ella purnell), are way ahead compared to sadie sink or millie bobby brown from stranger things. Its sad how an already popular show influence the nominations over a debut season which had a low key release. People are just praising sadie sink from dear billy episode (which is good, but not great) over yellow jackets girls who had an exceptional screen presence than their adult counterparts. if these teens actors are getting snubbed from the emmy love, i don’t see stranger things actresses getting in this time (we already know millie’s snub!!!).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is anyone else starting to get Jane Lynch in Maisel vibes from J. Smith-Cameron?

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    FNLlove
    Topics:

Anyone else wish we could just come here to discuss the Emmys and the shows associated with them without having to read through the comments containing personal spats and tirades? Take it offline; there are DM’s for a reason! Keep it on topic or just go away, IMO.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Is anyone else starting to get Jane Lynch in Maisel vibes from J. Smith-Cameron?

I kinda don’t get the overconfidence in her tbh. Yeah, I know she made CC and Succession is the Drama series frontrunner, but the field was really weak, there’s much more competition this time and she was the epitome of furniture. She can get nominated but the “she’s locked” arguments don’t make any sense to me.

Profile picture
    Stretchy
    Topics:

I’ve been flabbergasted at the idea of JSC happening from day 1 and I can’t with people defaulting to her just because.

Now I’ve looked at the ballot for the 1st time just a few minutes ago and what do you know? She’s right above Snook on the ballot lmao. Voters literally won’t be able to pick Snook without seeing JSC.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Now I’ve looked at the ballot for the 1st time just a few minutes ago and what do you know? She’s right above Snook on the ballot lmao. Voters literally won’t be able to pick Snook without seeing JSC.

She was just above Snook on the ballot in 2020 as well yet wasn’t nominated when Succession exploded in acting, so there is a precedent.

While visibility and a strong shoe are large factors in a nomination, voters won’t check off someone just for the heck of it if they don’t think the performer did Emmy worthy work, especially when your they’ll already be checking off a large number of your co-stars .

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think ballot placement helps in the sense that it gives more visibility to contenders who are already in the conversation in some form (either due to their performance or the show they’re in). Through being just above a contender as significant as Quinta Brunson on the ballot Rachel Brosnahan (who is already a previous winner who has yet to miss a nomination for previous series winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) stands a stronger chance of being checked off by voters who are instinctively going through the ballot whilst another comedy actress contender who might be on the fringes of their category this year (Lyonne, Lancashire, Fanning etc) will need voters to seek them out on the ballot in order for them not to be easily glanced over by them in the swamp of names on there this year. Likewise through being one of the very first (and if I’m not mistaken, the very first) names on the limited/movie supporting actor ballot, Steve Zahn stands a strong shot at being instinctively checked off by voters who were really into the acting of the ensemble of The White Lotus whilst someone like Jake Lacy will probably need to be sought out by people who were really into his performance.

In the past we’ve seen people like Rose Byrne (whose performance was divisive) and Michael Zeagan (whose performance very few people really cared about) miss in spite of having advantageous ballot placements for top series contenders so whether J. Smith-Cameron gets in is whether she’s respected enough as a performer for her to overcome those hurdles (a bit like Fiona Shaw) and if the stacked nature of the field plays as a visibility advantage to performers from other shows in the category or ends up being a hindrance. I will add that just like this year there were multiple contenders in top contenders who all had surnames beginning with the letter S which led many people to believe would play an advantage to performers in lower tier series contenders like Seehorn and Strahovski (who was directly above Meryl Streep on the ballot) but the only performers from that section of the ballot who were nominated were Shaw, Snook and Streep.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Are there any blatant examples under this current system of people being nominated due to their ballot placement?

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

Are there any blatant examples under this current system of people being nominated due to their ballot placement?

IMO it hasn’t been the sole reason anyone was nominated but it definitely helps fringe contenders. Zach Galifianakis got in to Comedy Actor for Baskets one year and was next to Donald Glover for Atlanta on the ballot, but Baskets did win an acting Emmy the year before so it’s not like voters were just checking Galifianakis off for something they’d never heard of.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

The teen actors from yellow jackets (Sophie Neisse & thatcher, Sammi hanratty, jasmine brown & Ella purnell), are way ahead compared to sadie sink or millie bobby brown from stranger things. Its sad how an already popular show influence the nominations over a debut season which had a low key release. People are just praising sadie sink from dear billy episode (which is good, but not great) over yellow jackets girls who had an exceptional screen presence than their adult counterparts. if these teens actors are getting snubbed from the emmy love, i don’t see stranger things actresses getting in this time (we already know millie’s snub!!!).

i mean…so far 2 stranger cast members have gotten noms after 3 seasons. if lynskey and ricci get in, that would already match. it’s not like it’s a got/succession situation.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

In terms of a deep cut selection in a win competitive series like Succession, maybe Alfie Allen for the final season of GoT?

Smith-Cameron’s helped by being elevated promotionally, she’s  on all the posters this year and she’s always been very good at press, which probably puts her at an advantage over a bunch of other lower-billed nominees

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.