Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Boy would Millie Bobby Brown have benefited from the ST finale airing before or during voting because whew. Also, Caleb McLaughlin, my god.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I didn’t even like volume 1 of this season of Stranger Things that much but both episodes of volume 2 were fantastic.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I’ve been saying it all day, but I have to reaffirm it here, as well: Caleb McLaughlin was ridiculously good. I didn’t know he had that performance inside him. I’m praying the Duffer Brothers use him even more in season 5 because woah…

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve been saying it all day, but I have to reaffirm it here, as well: Caleb McLaughlin was ridiculously good. I didn’t know he had that performance inside him. I’m praying the Duffer Brothers use him even more in season 5 because woah…

This is what happens when you utilise cast members you’ve otherwise sidelined for most of your show’s run well. The Duffer Brothers may be very flawed writers but some show runners should take note from them on that.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    MrAmerica
    Topics:

What are folks’ thoughts on if Richard Thomas and/or Veronica Falcon have any shot to make it into the supporting races for ‘Ozark’?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Richard Thomas actually had really good chemistry with Laura Linney in part 2 of Ozark season 4 and I was really compelled by their dynamic with each other. If he was guest eligible I’d probably nominate him.

Profile picture
    stilloverit
    Topics:

If Tom Pelphrey and Janet McTeer couldn’t make it in for season 3 after delivering win-worthy performances, then I doubt anyone from Ozark outside of the core three will make it into the acting categories. I’m hoping Pelphrey can make it into guest this year though as a consolation nom.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

delivering win-worthy performances

The taste darling!

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

These are probably just about my final predictions. There’s a bit of wiggle room, but I don’t see myself rearranging these too much before announcement day.

I keep waffling between Stranger Things and The Morning Show for the seventh directing slot, but at the end of the day I just think seeing elected DGA president Lesli Linka Glatter on the ballot will be too enticing for voters to ignore.

Having a slowly growing suspicion Ricci will be snubbed, as she really feels like the Comer to Lynskey’s Oh, but still unsure who I’d replace her with.

SUCCESSION (17) – Series, Cox, Strong, Braun, Culkin, Macfadyen, Smith-Cameron, Snook, Brody, Cromwell, Skarsgård, Davis, Walter, Writing, Directing x3

SQUID GAME (7) – Series, Lee Jung-jae, Oh, Jung, Lee Yoo-mi, Writing, Directing

OZARK (6) – Series, Bateman, Linney, Garner, Writing, Directing

BETTER CALL SAUL (5) – Series, Odenkirk, Esposito, Writing x2

SEVERANCE (5) – Series, Arquette, Turturro, Writing, Directing

THE MORNING SHOW (4) – Aniston, Crudup, Harden, Directing

STRANGER THINGS (4) – Series, Harbour, Brown, Sink

THIS IS US (4) – Series, Brown, Moore, Jones

EUPHORIA (3) – Zendaya, Domingo, Kelly

YELLOWJACKETS (3) – Lynskey, Ricci, Writing

YELLOWSTONE (3) – Series, Reilly, Weaver

LOKI (1) – Grant

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I won’t mind if Lesli Linka Glatter gets nominated because she is incredible but the pain if she does and she only becomes even more overdue of a win. She should be a two time winner already for “Guy Walks into an Advertising Agency” and “Q&A”.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

If Tom Pelphrey and Janet McTeer couldn’t make it in for season 3 after delivering win-worthy performances, then I doubt anyone from Ozark outside of the core three will make it into the acting categories. I’m hoping Pelphrey can make it into guest this year though as a consolation nom.

It’s still a pretty impactful and evocative scene despite being so short.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

and it just feels weird for me to only predict Lee Jung-jae and Zendaya to be the only poc lead acting nominees.

It is madness to not predict Sterling K. Brown, and not mainly for that, but because he has has never missed for This is us… Why would he missed for the buzziest season of the show along with the first one? For Kevin Costner who was snubbed three times for that role or for Adam Scoot who has never been nominated? Also, dramatically speaking, Brown is far superior than both of them anyway.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

This is why I can’t see Linney winning. It’s gonna be a travesty but they showed Ozark love and recognition since season 1 and she always had killer tapes with a tremendous performance in season 3. Even a final chance win don’t look strong IMO. Maybe a Ben Mendelsohn type of win (after not giving her the trophy for her best performance they gave a make up win the next year)

Netflix should campaign Linney like they did if Foy season 2.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Netflix should campaign Linney like they did if Foy season 2.

“We are going to take Laura Linney out to the Netflix parking lot the day after the Emmys and shoot her in the head so take one last good look and you might as well give her a trophy while you still can.”

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I won’t mind if Lesli Linka Glatter gets nominated because she is incredible but the pain if she does and she only becomes even more overdue of a win. She should be a two time winner already for “Guy Walks into an Advertising Agency” and “Q&A”.

I still can’t accept they didn’t reward her for Homeland.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.