Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I still can’t accept they didn’t reward her for Homeland.

The DGA proved themselves to be superior than the TV Academy’s directors branch by giving her two wins for Homeland and a win for Mad Men.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

The DGA proved themselves to be superior than the TV Academy’s directors branch by giving her two wins for Homeland and a win for Mad Men.

I would like to say that I agree with you 100%, but even being a Succession fan all those nominations last year was a joke (and IMO they’ve acknowledge the wrong episode, not to mention the Cathy Yan snub).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I would like to say that I agree with you 100%, but even being a Succession fan all those nominations last year was a joke (and IMO they’ve acknowledge the wrong episode, not to mention the Cathy Yan snub).

Oh yes for sure their nominations can be quite lazy at times (the egregious The Disruption snub when they nominated What It Takes and Lion in the Meadow, the Beard After Hours and It’s the Sixties, Man coattail nods) but I feel like their wins as a whole are much more inspired than the Emmys. The Underground Railroad over Mare, The Flight Attendant over Ted Lasso, Watchmen over Succession and GoT… they don’t just rubber stamp the series frontrunner when they give out their trophies.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I still can’t accept they didn’t reward her for Homeland.

Should have won for atleast one of “Q&A” or “Prisoners Of War”.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Still think New Car Smell was the better episode of season 2. But the direction wasn’t my issue with Q&A. Overwrought and unworthy of the writing Emmy that year. I’d have been fine with it winning directing as it was not my first or second choice but it was more deserving in that category to me.

Profile picture
    Emil Petrov
    Topics:

I really want Jamie Campbell Bower to get a surprise nominations of Stranger Things. He was absolutely amazing.

Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

so vol 2 of stranger things won’t be affected by the new emmy rule, correct? or will it. It’s kind of worded weird. it says to go in affect for 2023 emmy competition, but season 4 is for the 2022 Emmy’s hence the old rule should apply to stranger things??? cuz millie, sadie sink, and caleb had one hell of an acting performance in volume 2

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Stranger Things vol 2 episodes are not eligible for the 2022 Emmy cycle. Nomination voting ended on June 27, a few days before the episodes premiered, so voters hadn’t even seen them when making their picks (there’s no evidence that they were made available online to voters beforehand, Netflix wouldn’t do that due to the high risk of leaks).

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Only six of the main contenders were eligible for the Winter Guilds Awards, this was their performance at the four main guilds:

Succession Season 3:

– 1 SAG win for Drama Ensamble and 4 more SAG noms for Strong, Cox, Culkin and Snook.
    – 1 PGA win for Drama Series
    – 2 WGA wins for Drama Series and for Episodic Drama – Retired Janitors of Idaho
    – 1 DGA win for All the Bells Say and 4 more DGA noms for Lion in the Meadow, Retired Janitors of Idaho, What It Takes and Too Much Birthday.

The Morning Show Season 2:

– 4 SAG noms for Drama Ensamble, Aniston, Witherspoon and Crudup.
    – 1 PGA nom for Drama Series
    – 2 WGA noms for Drama Series and for Episodic Drama – La Amara Vita

Squid Game Season 1:

– 3 SAG wins for Stunt Ensamble in TV, for Drama Actor – Lee Jung-jae
    and Drama Actress – Hoyeon, and 1 SAG nom for Drama Series.

Yellowstone Season 4:

– 1 SAG nom for Drama Ensamble

Loki Season 1:

2 WGA noms for Drama Series and New Series.
    1 SAG nom for Stunt Ensamble in TV

Yellowjackets Season 1:

2 WGA noms for Drama Series and New Series.

Are we underestimating The Morning Show versus the two Yellow shows giving their Guilds performance? Was Squid Game also eligible for DGA and WGA or it was eligible only for SAG and PGA? Why?

*This is us current and final season 6 was not eligible, but the fifth season was and it got the following:

– 1 SAG nom for Drama Actor for Sterling K. Brown (has has never missed an Emmy or a SAG nom)
    – 1 WGA nom for Episodic Drama – Birth Mother (it has been nominated for this category for all of its season with the exception of season 4 and it won once for season 1)

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The thing about TMS is that, as proven by its first Emmy run, we know that it does not sustain buzz as well as it should do. Whereas both Yellows have arguably come into more focus this year. What I would say though is that those winter nominations do make it much harder to justify only predicting Crudup as I have been frequently tempted to do. For a show to go from SAG, PGA and WGA nominations to only one above the line nomination would be pretty unprecedented. For this reason I think Aniston is pretty secure as well and it’s just a question of how much the actors really do love the show as to whether Witherspoon, Carell, Duplass or Marguiles can sneak in.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

*This is us current and final season 6 was not eligible, but the fifth season was and it got the following: – 1 SAG nom for Drama Actor for Sterling K. Brown (has has never missed an Emmy or a SAG nom)

He was not nominated at SAG this year.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Yellowjackets may have been eligible for SAG but voting ended before the series in finished airing. Nominations were announced before the series finished airing. So, I don’t count that snub no matter how many times people keep bringing it up.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

He was not nominated at SAG this year.

Yeah, but he was nominated for the first part of season 5 on 2021 (and the second part of season 4), so everything I said is correct.

On 2022, he was eligible only for the second part of season 5 because they decided to air the entire season 6 during 2022.

*Network shows usually compite for SAG for two half seasons.

For a show to go from SAG, PGA and WGA nominations to only one above the line nomination would be pretty unprecedented. For this reason I think Aniston is pretty secure as well and it’s just a question of how much the actors really do love the show as to whether Witherspoon, Carell, Duplass or Marguiles can sneak in.

Exactly, I only have Aniston and Crudup, but still feels strange. It might sneak in writing or directing.

Yellowjackets may have been eligible for SAG but voting ended before the series in finished airing. Nominations were announced before the series finished airing. So, I don’t count that snub no matter how many times people keep bringing it up.

Yes, but it is not a coincidence that the writers went for Loki and Yellowjackets, while both the actors and the producers went for Yellowstone and Squid Game. All three of them nominated Morning Show, Succession and Handmaid’s Tale (and the directors infamously only went for Succession).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For this reason I think Aniston is pretty secure as well

For a while I was thinking that the scattered nature of the field might hurt Aniston but I actually think it might even help her chances because she probably has the most goodwill of any of the returning nominees in this category with her show being the one with the strongest record with the actors branch and her SAG win still being relatively recent.

I think the question for me with The Morning Show is whether those Carell and Duplass nominations were as a result of building momentum close to the voting period or visibility (the latter of which is what I’m using to predict Harden and Short in the guest categories). If the latter I can easily see say Margulies and Witherspoon slipping in considering how in flux both those categories are. If it was the former I think it will be difficult (especially with how stacked supporting actor is this year).

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I personally think both Duplass and Carell will happen before Margulies happens.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.