Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Maybe they should have done more for it but I think them putting it after Dexter was just them cheaply showing faith. I do believe Yellowjackets was helped by their placement on the schedule.

Oh, I think they had commercial faith in it certainly. I agree with that. And on that level it was very much helped by Dexter.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

I don´t think that both Yellow shows are going to made it into Drama, so I decided to go for Yellowjackets and I removed Yellowstone, Rob convinced me, I have to admit it. Of course, I might be wrong, but I do think that Succession, Squid Game, This is us, Ozark, Better Call Saul, Stranger Things and Severance are all in.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don´t think that both Yellow shows are going to made it into Drama, so I decided to go for Yellowjackets and I removed Yellowstone, Rob convinced me, I have to admit it. Of course, I might be wrong, but I do think that Succession, Squid Game, This is us, Ozark, Better Call Saul, Stranger Things and Severance are all in.

I think people have some really excellent  points on Yellowstone but I’m going to play the odds and keep them in.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Damn it. Well, don’t be mad at me when I am wrong.

We have the same predictions now except I have Euphoria getting in ahead of Stranger Things but I am seriously doubting that now since Stranger Things seems immovable. I still think Euphoria might make it in though which would mean dropping This Is Us or Yellowjackets. Maybe we’ll get 9 nominees this year.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

We have the same predictions now except I have Euphoria getting in ahead of Stranger Things but I am seriously doubting that now since Stranger Things seems immovable. I still think Euphoria might make it in though which would mean dropping This Is Us or Yellowjackets. Maybe we’ll get 9 nominees this year.

I have:

Succession

Squid Game

Ozark

Yellowstone

Yellowjackets

The Morning Show

Severance

I have This Is Us, Better Call Saul, and Euphoria getting acting nominations only largely because I feel their FYC has been very performer focused.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Been skeptical of Yellowjackets for a while but I’m predicting it to get in Series. Lynskey, Lewis and Ricci as well, but only really confident in Lynskey.

Peabody/TCA made me change my mind. The show seems to have catch the zeitgeist, and there’s not many female ensemble shows this season so it could benefit from that demographic.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

there’s not many female ensemble shows this season so it could benefit from that demographic.

This is one of my major rationales. Some people (including, clearly, voters) really enjoy female ensembles or female-heavy ensembles

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I have:

Succession

Squid Game

Ozark

Yellowstone

Yellowjackets

The Morning Show

Severance

I have This Is Us, Better Call Saul, and Euphoria getting acting nominations only largely because I feel their FYC has been very performer focused.

Leaving out Better Call Saul feels bold to me. Despite the many glaring snubs over the years the one category they’ve never missed in is series. And this season feels highly acclaimed as usual with a swell of love coming for Odenkirk after his close call. I’d be pretty shocked if it missed out in series. The other two I could see going either way because how competitive the field is right now.

Also, you know you have an open slot, right?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Leaving out Better Call Saul feels bold to me. Despite the many glaring snubs over the years the one category they’ve never missed in is series. And this season feels highly acclaimed as usual with a swell of love coming for Odenkirk after his close call. I’d be pretty shocked if it missed out in series. The other two I could see going either way because how competitive the field is right now.

I may well live to regret it. I have it 9th. It’s nothing personal towards BCS, I just think the press has largely been focused on harnessing the actors branch.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I may well live to regret it. I have it 9th. It’s nothing personal towards BCS, I just think the press has largely been focused on harnessing the actors branch.

Who is 8th because you only listed 7 series that you’re predicting?

Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

do u see squid game pulling an upset win in drama series against succession?

Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

As much as many on GoldDerby may not want to hear it, I strongly believe Euphoria is on the cusp of a series and/or directing nomination.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

do u see squid game pulling an upset win in drama series against succession?

Honestly, I don’t think it’s impossible. I just think it depends on the nominations. But I still maintain, actually, if any series is upsetting Succession in Series, it’s Severance.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Thiago
    Topics:

I think the nominations will give a clear perspective on Severance, since they have a random second episode in directing running in a crowded field and actors like Lower and Tillman that would show passion for the show if they pop up.

Squid Game not so much, since they have only one episode in writing and directing, and is probably getting nominated in both categories, and I don’t see many surprise nominations in the acting categories, unless Anupam Tripathi gets in over Nicolas Braun or something like that.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

As much as many on GoldDerby may not want to hear it, I strongly believe Euphoria is on the cusp of a series and/or directing nomination.

Yeah, I feel like that show has a passionate following that will get it some big nominations.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.